JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/29/2019 2:37:23 PM

UNLIMITED HORDE MODE!!!!

Could we get a mode that has an unlimited horde mode? Not escalation, blind well, or reckoning. An ACTUAL horde mode. If we aren’t getting trials, people grinding to see how far they could get could be something that keeps players engaged when they get tired of other modes. There can even be a title and emblem that shows everyone the furthest someone has made it. Every round could add modifiers and power level increases. The mode by default can have extinguish (I think that is the perk that sends you to orbit when the team wipes.) It could be a 6 man activity. Maybe every 5th or 10th round we can have a suppression round that prevents abilities (“Presence of darkness”) and if we survive we could have a round of unlimited supers. “Traveler’s Surge” buff. Then back to normal. So on and so forth. What does everybody think?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• You liking this horde mode aka Verdant Forest?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
      I was a big fan of Firefight back in the day. Loved seeing how long we could survive backed up in a room while Brutes tried to break through. I'll pass along the feedback that an endless horde mode is something that players would still like to see added to Destiny. Thanks!

Posting in language:

165 Replies
      • I’m down for this as long as there’s mode-exclusive new loot to earn. This is a loot shooter, after all.

Posting in language:

• Bungo’s listening but will give us a limited horde mode with the pain point of costing Enhancement Cores to initiate. Since running this kinda content needs to be a MEANINGFUL decision.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • For weapons to matter and for strength to matter the game needs a PVE mode of competition with no ceiling. THIS MODE IS IT! I'm almost certain this mode would be very popular. And not only that it would give people a reason to hunt items. Similarly, if having ranks attached to this mode - maybe clan ranks - this mode would really blow up. Bungie: Listen to this man. Just do it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Another horde mode. Why?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Go to the Bergusia Forge. Equip Risk Runner on round 2 and don’t throw any orbs at the Forge.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • You better ask Datto

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Destiny needs this kind of game mode.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • No thanks. Already been way too many wave based modes. Absolutely bored of all of these things.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                    • You mean they just could put Halloween Event back ? Or just use Infinite Forest for a infinite Horde mode [spoiler] Wait D3 for this [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Can you umagine having a pvp game that never ends, and like you just leave when you want, or join when you want? And its just like everyone testing new stuff out.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                      • Firefight?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • I like this idea actually. I think it would be fun. Could have two modes, a 4 and a 6 man.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • No, bring back Prison of Elders. Problems solved.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                            • 👍 I think you would like the concept that I am working on I'm calling it the Infinite and I am not holding back on true endless gameplay, hidden secrets and difficulty.

Posting in language:

• Would be nice if all our current kinetic and energy weapons could drop as a solar, void, arc, or kinetic variant with random rolls just to expand the loot pool a bit.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • No offence but it’s 2019, horde modes are a bit tired. It would be a little distraction at best but not a game mode which will draw people back in in my opinion.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • this brings back Halo memories, survival was such a Simple but Brutal game mode. no fancy Mechanics, just Kill & Survive for as long as possible, hopefully D3 will have a Horde Mode😞

Posting in language:

• That sounds pretty solid to me. I’d be for it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • Edited by LazyTitan: 3/29/2019 10:35:52 PM
                                    I had an idea for a horde mode activity do you think something like this would work well? (sorry it is a lot) Called legions last stand. Loot (the only important part) Cabal themed armor Psion theme for warlock, colossus theme for titan, and random cabal gear for hunter (war beast skin cloak?). No clue for weapons yet. To get the loot you will get random drops from kill mile stones (500 dead, 1000, dead, ect.) You will get an extra drop from the final boss that only he can drop (Curated or raid class exotic). Lore/explanation- flying over mars when red legion shoots your ships down (btw it is team of 6) and you crash land in that area (bad ms paint drawing gives bird eye view) the vanguard are sending extraction ship but it will take 20min this is the very last of the legion maybe you should use your time wisely... You have 20min (maybe less) to kill 2000 cabal as you kill more, the tougher they get the 2000th enemy is a final boss with minor mechanic. You have to hijack a thresher and land on the command ship to take out a shield generator. On your mass slaughter the cabal will get smarter if you are camping in the base they hide in the canyons and prepare an ambush. If your super aggressive they go in the dunes and if you go in there you will be slowed. eventually after 15 min the missile silos will unlock and you will be given the option to shoot your own rescue down for an extra 10min, but if you die you loose any loot gained during your slaughter. There can and should also be a few minor mechanics along the way as well, but I think if bungie uses this idea they should put their creative input there. EXOTICS- Titan- Gauntlets- turns all your melees into throwables that apply their effect (based off legionnaires flaming knives) Gauntlets- Makes your barricade larger, have more health, and it can be picked up and moved (based off phalanxes) Hunter- Chest piece- uses thrusters on the back of the chest piece to crazy increase you speed to titan skating levels. Can only be activated on the ground but you will keep momentum from it in air. Saps away dodge energy as fuel so it can't be used forever (Based off Psion booster pack) Warlock- Gauntlets- changes your grenade based on what element subclass you are using. Activate the special grenade like you would with devour, overcharge or handheld super nova acts like cabal Psion nade with faster activation and bigger blast radius. Solar- Moves along the ground until impact with enemy or wall. Causes a massive explosion that deals burn damage and does extra damage to those caught in the center (possibly a 1 hit kill in crucible?) Void- has same effect as regular Psion nades but it moves faster, does more damage, and those caught in the center are suppressed Arc- Does the least damage of the 3 but moves the fastest and those caught in the explosion are blinded, confused, and loose their radar for 10 seconds. those nearby loose radar for 6 seconds link to ms paint birds view idea for map-https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/531171581821583360/537464875031724053/LEgions_last_stand_idea.png?width=686&height=386 link to image of what armor could look like (not my art I believe it was old concept art by PlainBen correct me if I'm wrong-https://i.imgur.com/F2Xwrbc.png

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • So many things could be done with this. Pinnacle rewards for defeating a certain boss within a certain time or reaching certain checkpoints. Instadeath mode, bigger risks, bigger rewards. They could even implement it in a strike format, ads getting heavier and heavier, if you manage to get to the “final” room, a chest with a great reward, no rng, you got there, you get the reward. Opening the chest triggers the next wave, repeat until ridiculous. So many ideas, what do bungie do all day??!? 🤔

Posting in language:

• The loot that goes along with that would have be good. Maybe not at the start, but the further in you got maybe they could increase the chances of getting curated rolls, or they could add in new and unique weapons to go with the new mode, with guaranteed better rolls depending on how far you made it, there could even be a pinnacle weapon to chase.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      • I mean we have only been asking for this since the first Destiny game. Instead we get garbage like: Blind Well Escalation protocol Court of Oryx Archon's Forge

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                        • And please don’t tie it to Gambit 😂

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                          • Edited by DestinySuksBanMe: 3/30/2019 2:41:54 PM
                                            It does not matter what you come up with. This is the reason so many people like singleplayer modes. Some Human Player Will Always... Always Find A Way To F*ck It Up. And Vets of a game do not want the noobs to have the advantages they had when the game first came out. The game gets nerfed or buffed and they don't want the noobs to advance and walk all over them. I see it all the time in all kinds of games. It doesn't matter if you're in a clan or group these days. Everyone looks out for themselves. Everyone wants to be a Leader... there is no Wingman.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                                            ;
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon