JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

3/16/2019 5:14:29 PM
Is this sarcastic? Please tell me its sarcastic. This is the most disappointing and underwhelming season so far. Worse than osiris, at least that had actual new missions and not just renamed versions of things we've already been doing since D2 launched.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by FauxPhox: 3/17/2019 4:56:46 PM
    My guy. If you don't pay enough attention to Bungie and what they state throughout different seasons you probably shouldn't bash the content. Many times in the past they stated [b]THAT THE ENTIRETY OF THE ANNUAL PASS CONTENT WASN'T GOING TO BE ADDING ANY MAJOR STORY ELEMENTS[/b] Just in case that's confusing to you, that means: -No story progression with the exception of lore pages and the few cutscenes we'll get -No missions -No strikes So the very same is going to apply to Season of Opulence. This entire annual pass was put out with the intention of offering filler content. Two new raids. Forges. Reckoning. Gambit Prime. Whatever the next seasons' 6-man matchmade activity will be. New exotics and rehashes of old ones.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by HeckTheSystem: 3/18/2019 1:44:19 PM
    They literally put out a video just before the season of the drifter talking it up like it's going to be the greatest thing ever. I dont need a full set of story missions, but a few new adventure missions would be nice, instead of renaming one and changing the difficulty and calling it new. And the 'new' content in the current season isnt even enough to fill the whole season for [i]casual[/i] players, let alone players who literally do nothing else.

Posting in language:

• Just because they put a video up talking up the new season doesn't mean it's going to include a little bit of everything. They said [i]well[/i] before that video that there was not going to be additional story content. They weren't going to change their minds moments before release, lmao. It's the second part of a three part dlc that costs the same as Forsaken. Black Armory Joker's Wild Penumbra All of these combined makes for one very hefty DLC package. It's called an Annual Pass for a reason. It's a trickling of smaller pieces of content that once finished rival what one larger DLC normally adds into the game. If a season seems lackluster for you, that's unfortunate but there's still more on the way. They gave everyone a near full release schedule (the roadmap) for all three DLC before the pass was even available to put money down on. You should've looked at the schedule and [b]then[/b] decided if it was worth your money.

Posting in language:

• I didnt say they [i]said[/i] it was going to include a little of everything, I said they talked it up like it was going to be the most amazing thing and it turned out to be a bunch of mundane garbage. I know they arent going to add a whole new story, I never asked for that, and adding one or two actually new missions isnt a whole new story, its giving the players something fresh so they dont have to keep repeating the same boring tasks over and over only to be rewarded with a cutscene that's not even a minute long, and then next week do the same thing for another cutscene. I think plenty of players would agree with me when I say, if I wanted to just sit and watch I would buy a movie, not a video game. The content released is supposed to last the next 9 weeks, but it's already terrible and most players are already finished with everything, except for those amazing cutscenes that are released weekly with the super engaging tasks to unlock them. Yeah lore is cool, but so is a game that you can actually play, and so is content that isnt just a rename of something we've already been doing since day one.

Posting in language:

• Edited by FauxPhox: 3/18/2019 11:45:52 PM
    You shouldn't have even come into this expecting a single mission. That's the whole thing about the Annual Pass. And Bungie made it abundantly clear what was happening with it even before Black Armory was out. That's trickle content for you. You're getting: -Two raids -Two matchmade PvE activities (one four-man, one six-man) -Gambit additions -Exotics and exotic quests (new and old) -Slight Xur improvements And who knows what else with Opulence.. For slightly under the cost of one major DLC. Granted it's not all immediately, but that's what video games are all about nowadays, instant gratification. That's part of the reason why you see so many people complaining about not hitting 675+ in the first week - asides from the unlucky few affected by powerful gear drop issues. Next time, save yourself the hassle. If you don't do bare minimum research into what you're dumping your wallet into, then just don't. It's incredible you're on the forums bashing the content and yet you couldn't be assed to look up the info beforehand. It took me a three-second googling to find an image of the content roadmap that shows 95% of what each of the three DLC will contain. And not once does it show the information: NEW REPEATABLE MISSIONS! NEW STRIKES/NIGHTFALLS! NEW LORE OUTSIDE OF THINGS IN YOUR TRIUMPHS MENU!!!

Posting in language:

• And for your information, not that it matters, I [i][b]DID[/b][/i] look it up before hand and I [b][i]DID[/i][/b] watch the ViDocs where they said there was going to be so much new stuff and "something for everyone" and that it was going to be "amazing" and that there would be enough content to "fill a whole season" I guess I just assumed they would deliver on that for some weird reason.

Posting in language:

• For slightly under the cost of a major DLC you get... garbage content not even worth half the price, right. Thanks bungie, and thank you for the life advice internet stranger, I'm glad the opinion of a stranger on a game made by a company who couldn't deliver what they promised was able to get you so worked up.

Posting in language:

This dude’s a freaking liberal

Posting in language:

• [b][i]THIS SEASON HAS BEEN OUT FOR A SINGLE WEEK AND NOT ALL OF ITS CONTENT HAS BEEN RELEASED YOU ARE -blam!-ING DUMB[/i][/b]

Posting in language:

• I am enjoying this immensely more than Osiris. Osiris had no replay ability. Gambit Prime does though imo. Idk, I just enjoy it more

Posting in language:

• The thing about osiris, at least the way I see it, it actually had new stuff. It had new missions, new strikes, new weapons and armor. this season just seems to be the same things but given different names and then some resource grabbing steps just so you can see a 45 second cutscene and get a crap roll on a gun that isnt even useful with a good roll. Sure there's the gambit prime armor now, but it isnt useful anywhere else and it looks like something a homeless man would wear. In my opinion it's very underwhelming.

Posting in language:

• Actually that’s fair there was a lot of loot in Osiris. I agree with that point. I personally think the armor is -blam!-ing amazing when you use the Midnight Talons shader. I think that more strikes were nice. I agree with that. I mean, objectively, you’re prob right, but we’re getting 3 dlcs instead of two with more replay ability imo. EP was ok, I guess, but yeah it’s very subjective for me.

Posting in language:

• Fair enough, thanks for the civil discussion 👉🏻😎👉🏻

Posting in language:

• Np have a good night

Posting in language:

• Wait, you two just had a difference of opinion, and actually had a civil conversation and respected each other's views on a Bungie forum... Damn that's more rare than getting a Gjallarhorn drop in D1 vanilla. ;)

Posting in language:

• Ikr thx man

Posting in language:

• Lol.

Posting in language:

• Bungie didn't make this game just for you, so stop being such a fool as if your opinion is the only opinion, but hey! they got great games for brainless play, no story just doing thing just for the sake of doing, your cell phone is full of them but if that's not your cup of tea, try these great titles, minecraft, sea of thieves, any BR.... Anthem and many more, So go knock yourself out there sport, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Posting in language:

• Wait, they didnt make it just for me? That changes everything. Thank you for this enlightening information.

Posting in language:

• Strange, I could have sworn on these very forums not even a week ago, people were begging for in game lore in the form of cutscenes... we get that and you people still complain? On top of that, we knew before the annual pass came out, this wouldn’t be a typical DLC just an expansion of the end game, yet for some ungodly reason you people remain shocked?

Posting in language:

• Is this really what it's come to? I should feel appreciation for cinematics? For actual story? I am hard on bungie. Because that's the way it has to be from now on. Left on their own they took rediculous advantage of their own community. They have behaved in a manner not befitting a AAA developer. Their content has been far from AAA as well...see the dazed look in Guardians eyes that first time synthesizing? Or which terminal to drop motes? Or the derelict? This release has lacked some serious polish... But the cutscene was awesome, so thanks bungie. Thank you. [i](drop the 'n' and you got 'bugie'. I'm just sayin')[/i]

Posting in language:

• Nowhere in my comment did I say they should be praised for what they’re doing, I completely agree they haven’t held up to the standards of a triple A game, but what I’m saying is people expect every expansion to be some forsaken level or rise level or ttk level expansion and they get pissy when it isn’t even though bungie has straight up said the annual pass is gonna be end game activities. Yet every time one of the annual pass expansions drop, the forums are flooded with complaints about it not being a full expansion, it just gets tiring seeing that. Especially when you compare it to D1 when we had the 3 month drought post ttk, no one seems to remember that and they act like D1 was flawless, I personally like the annual pass because we have content every week or so, I know it isn’t a rise level expansion but as long as it’s something to do, what’s so bad about that? While I agree they’ve taken advantage of their community in the past, they seem to be at least trying to rectify that, powerful gear is getting fixed soon, rng is getting buffed soon, so that at least shows they’re listening now (not to everything but if they did listen to everything this game would be in a worse state than it was in year 1 of D2), sure a lot of people will say it’s probably too late for them, and that’s fine, destiny isn’t for everyone.

Posting in language:

• Everyone is expecting forsaken level content repeatedly now and think this is Bungie without Activision. All the annual pass content is from when Bungie was still with Activision. Bungie without Activision is going to be this fall. But the haters don’t care. They can’t let anyone be happy with this game

Posting in language:

• I definitely didnt ask for more lore, I've always wanted new things to do rather than a renamed adventure or a slightly different form of gambit. I didnt ask for tedious "kill enemies and collect resources" steps followed by "complete this adventure you've already done multiple times but now it has a new name" and then "play gambit some more like you did last season" and then get rewarded with underwhelming gear that I already have. Just because [i]some[/i] people wanted stuff, doesnt mean [i]everyone[/i] wanted that stuff. Some people like to physically do things in game instead of collect resources and then watch the story. I know I'm not the only one who would like to actually [i][b]play[/b][/i] the story.

Posting in language:

• There is a lot of "I" in your comment, which suggests you understand that your opinion is subjective which is great. Now, take a single step forward and consider the number of players (look at Destiny Tracker for instance - it suggest 741k played pve yesterday for example) to understand that there are MANY players all of whom also have an opinion - which may differ substantially to yours. You indicate you also understand this in your post. Now understand that developers must try and meet the expectations and desires of ALL those players. Which is why they put out a Road Map for people so that they may make an informed decision to purchase or not to purchase the annual pass. Given all that information, and your own conclusion that there are a multitude of opinions to appease - and an informed choice to purchase or not purchase the annual pass, I fail to see your point.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon