JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by highlander1590: 3/15/2019 3:33:55 PM

Ok Enough Already With Shotguns Killing people from 15 Yards Away.

Fun is fun. . .but can we please get rid of the whole shotgun range thing? I have been playing a lot more PVP (than I would like) these days to get my Thorn. And it is pretty obvious that this is out of whack. Shotgun range issues happened in D1 and Bungie eventually reduced the shooting range . . . and problem solved. I don't mind the one shot kills (thats fine) but let's bring that distance more into to line. Frankly right now is just ridiculous and it is messing up the balance in the Crucible. Let's end this madness. I can't be the only one who thinks this way.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

Looking at the comments here the feedback is definitely mixed. We just slightly reduced shotgun range and will continue to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the feedback.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

40 Replies
    • Only chaperone can read 15 meters; dust rock and others reliably kill at 8. Chaperone rewards a skilled shot to the head, so it is okay.

Posting in language:

• Sometimes I think it’s due to the lag. At least in a couple cases I’ve experienced. When a player runs towards you with a shotgun and he kills you from far away from your point of view. From his POV he might have been closer. That’s my conclusion because I’ve never been able to reproduce some of those ridiculous long range kills with a good roll DRB. The only shotgun capable of doing that is the chaperone (which makes sense).

Posting in language:

• [quote]Shotgun range issues happened in D1 and Bungie eventually reduced the shooting range . . . and problem solved[/quote]WHAT!? Misremembering or didnt play d1? Shotguns ran rampant all of D1 until they removed all special - range nerfs did zero, they were always a problem till they didnt have ammo

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • Only one shotgun can kill at that range and it’s the chaperone which requires a headshot.

Posting in language:

• Edited by FataLVisioN_Oo: 3/16/2019 10:36:40 AM
        ? Shotguns were already inconsistent now they are just kinda bad lol. No clue what you are talking about don't think even you know honestly. Sounds like you need to 👀 your radar.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
        • Ok enough already with the fantasy about shotguns ..... a little bit of reality A Standard 12G shotgun using 00 buck-shot at the range which was stated would have grouping of shot between 8” to 14” across but in destiny and destiny 2 is about 3.5ft across .... so for all you idiots that don’t know anything about firearms you might want to learn a few things before spreading any more crap like this ................ have a nice day

Posting in language:

31 Replies
          • What are you doing to constantly be in position to get shotgunned? I played Comp basically solid yesterday: I think I died maybe 4 or 5 times to shotguns. And this was while using the Ikelos hand cannon, meaning the range was putting me in much greater danger of being close to the kill-range of the most popular shotguns. It's all about movement and positioning. Once you fix that, shotguns become a minor annoyance, and the apes will hand you kills left and right. See white light: kill them before they ever ADS. Biggest issue, stop hanging out near choke points. I know it's natural cover, but it's also a good place to slide-shot. Find a piece of cover that you can move to obscure the sight line without being pressed up against. That way if a shotgunner tries to rush you, they are in the open the whole way; no free approaches. Back up while hitting your shots, and most of the time, their body won't even reach you when it finishes falling. And don't rush so much. Getting out of position is food for apes. I could go on and on, but there are tons of videos out that explain all this and more much better than I could. Shotguns are fine, you just have to know how to play against them, as opposed to playing into them.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • 15 yards is nothing. Try skeet or trap some time.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Baligant XU with rifled barrel and accurized rounds with a range masterwork one shots at 9-10 meters (current best distance for pellet shotguns.) Grab a mindbenders ambition, it works well with and looks awesome with Thorn.

Posting in language:

• Edited by denied_valor: 3/16/2019 11:11:42 PM
                Solution is to always stay 16 yards away.... why are u even in melee range? Melees are inefficient

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Its not always the weapons that's needing nerfing. Sometimes it's players interenet connection. One time I tried to shotgunned a guy twice up close and he didn't die and that same guy shotgunned me across the map with only one shot. All other players are normal.

Posting in language:

• Just wait until you get crossed my by a fusion there everywhere in comp.

Posting in language:

• Bring back fusion grenades to one hit kill. Sure miss those, and it would at least let you trade against the lame dust rock.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                  • In real life when I slap someone at his face, his head explodes, taking 4 blocks down. Fix your shite Bungie!

Posting in language:

• Max shotgun range is 9 meters. Only a few will hit that. Chaperone might still be good from 10 meters though. But the recent nerf brought the legendaries down a meter.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • Shotguns are fine now. The recent range nerf 100% fixed PVP surrounding shottys

Posting in language:

• your just exaggerating. 8 meters is max range 9 if your lucky.

Posting in language:

• Shotguns were just recently tweaked. They need to add larger maps to promote scouts, bows, snipers etc.

Posting in language:

• I have been playing destiny since D1 and day one. I wouldn’t care less if shotguns got a massive slap. Side arms and smg’s need some love. The recluse has started this trend! Problem is...... as soon as you slap shotguns, fusions become op.

Posting in language:

• There's only one shotgun that's going to kill from that range, and it's exotic and needs it's main perk active after getting a kill.... Most shotguns are 8m now.... They're fine, the problem is your lack of spatial and map awareness....

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • You gotta admit that it's really satisfying hitting those long shots with slug shotguns tho. 😩

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • The only OP shottie in pvp right now is Chaperone, that guns range is down right ridiculous . Other than that the recent nerf was good and fair. They’re still a ohk from a decent distance but u gotta get pretty up close and personal if the enemy is at full health to ohk.

Posting in language:

• Haha mad cos bad

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                          • I mean i got wishender with range masterworks and slideshot not to mention it base range is already good

Posting in language:

• Can we stop with the shotty nerfs? They’re literally like mercy, getting nerfed over and over! They’re a former shell of them selves, remember felwinters sniper?!! The only reason why they feel so good is cause all the maps are small and clustered with 12 people, when originally there’s only supposed to be 8.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon