JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/15/2019 1:10:06 PM

Unfortunately Bungie I am not a fan of pvp!

And since that’s what is obviously you thing you force everyone to play. I’m moving on sorry I tried to tough it out.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Bungie's PvP is deliverately abusive of the weaker player for the benefit of the stronger. Imagine a schoolyard where bullying is not only ignored, but even condoned. And when a victim complains, he is told "git gud at fighting". That's the Crucible that the hobbyists wanted. And that's the Crucible that Bungie has given them and forced on the rest of us.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

24 Replies
    • When PvP players get one new gun per season, am I right???!!?!? Seriously though, you beans act like Bungie is giving us new content constantly. Every expansion is mostly PvE focused. BA had 2 Crucible weapons, TLW and Mountain Top, and TLW had a really easy PvP section. JW had two Crucible weapons. I'm sure Penumbra will have, you guessed it, two whole Crucible weapons. We have had no new maps, modes, or gear since Forsaken. There has been one real balancing patch since then. We are hardly catered to nor are you forced into Crucible for the vast majority of gear.

Posting in language:

• Edited by M-SPorch: 3/16/2019 7:24:24 PM
      Pvp sucks

Posting in language:

• How do they force you to play it? 🤔 The only way I can think they would “force” you to play it is if you want a weapon that has crucible steps like Luna’s Howl or Thorn. But if you’re not willing to put in the work, why should you have the gun? And why do you even want the gun? Usually PvP oriented quest lines result in PvP oriented guns. So, if you never play PvP, why the hell would you want Thorn in the first place?

Posting in language:

10 Replies
      • Edited by Deadwood_Lane: 3/16/2019 8:44:08 AM
        Im pretty new, maybe played the game for 4-5 months or something. I really like pvp and play that a lot but clearly it is pretty unbalanced, I have to get 3-4 hits with my ace of spades while the enemy 1 shots you so yea I laugh at it cause I like a challenge, but it should be more balanced. :D But I noticed the trick is to build a lot of resilience and recovery too, right now im at 8 5 4 with speed, resilience and recovery. Will try to up resilience more. :)

Posting in language:

• Edited by Golden: 3/16/2019 5:31:30 PM
        Like how bungie forced people to play PvE for the last word which is a PvP gun?!!! [spoiler]My point is, y’all complain about anything PvP related. I can bet you if a quest required you to get 10 wins in quick-play, y’all would complain that it’s too hard. The thorn quest is a walk in the park, at least they didn’t bring back the death penalty for it like in Destiny 1[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• And I dont like being forced to play pve for quests, but that's part of the grind. So later bud✌🏻

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • How are you being forced to play PvP? That would be like a PvP player complaining that they have to play PvE for Thorn. But, in the case of PvE, that is actually required, while PvP is not.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Lol, these post are hilarious. Name the one segment of Destiny, that hasn't gotten much new content, if any other than some pinnacle weapons, since the annual pass started. The Crucible is the answer. No new modes, no new maps, and maybe just a slight change to Iron Banner? If you want all the gear and guns, you have to play all the modes.

Posting in language:

• same quest will force PVP players to play PVE and find people to do that strike with them

Posting in language:

• Oh heaven forbid you have to play PvP in a game with PvP... From the developers that brought you Halo. In all honesty if PvP is the thing that pushes you over the edge then I recommend taking a break from multiplayer games, at least for a little while

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • I'm planning on just getting to the PVP part of the quest on my warlock. Then just wait until Mayhem rolls around again.

Posting in language:

• I don't mind the exotic guns having PVP steps because, usually those guns are meant to be used in PVP. Thats fine. Things like Chaperone and Last Word tend to be used in PVP, so whatever. I can compromise. However, the Vanguard Loyalty quest is a PVE story quest thats forcing me into PVP? Yea, no. Not cool. Bungies trying way too hard to integrate both worlds and its only pissing people off more.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • You would have keeled over while doing the Thorn bounty in D1 from the sound of it. I don't understand the issue pve-focused players have with pvp. The enemies in pve were still created by living people. You're still fighting real people...it's just Google Explorer level slow.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Edited by Lahgtah: 3/15/2019 6:27:55 PM
                  Yup. Feel kind of ripped off as far as this season goes. Wish I could pick and choose which "seasonal expansions" I wanted to buy rather than having to also pay for something I'm not going to do. I wouldn't say I'm forced to do PvP, but rather feel I have nowhere else to go. It's like being invited to a dinner party or wedding you [i]really[/i] don't want to go to, but are being peer-pressured into by your relatives and friends. There's no "way out of it" aside from the most technical of terms. I really would appreciate if there were options, such as "You can get X kills in crucible, or you can do Y strikes/kill this many of Z type of mob." I wouldn't even mind if the latter, PvE steps were slower and grindier. I'm mostly just interested in the lore parts. I simply will not do Crucible, and neither will I touch gambit so long as invaders exist. Pursuits requiring them are instantly discarded, except for "into the fray" scrapper bounties so I don't get duplicates.

Posting in language:

• You guys just need to buy pve strictly game. Bungie will always have pvp, they’re known for it. Halo days.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • No one is forced to do anything...

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Lol pvp is the only good thing about this games

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                      • It's not that hard! I absolutely suck at PVP but I finished the thorn quest in comp pretty quickly. Hell it was actually fun until I hit Brave II and got my ass handed to me 😂.

Posting in language:

• Yeah I hate how bungie forces me to play pvp to get nightfall and raid specific rewards. Things like jotunn and whisper and anarchy force me into the comp playlist to get them.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Just try to get better :)

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • I hope you find a game to your taste as you move on & good luck in the future 👍

Posting in language:

• [quote]And since that’s what is obviously you thing you force everyone to play. I’m moving on sorry I tried to tough it out.[/quote] Cry me a river

Posting in language:

• Not [i]force[/i] to play... [i]manipulate[/i] into playing.

Posting in language:

• So?

Posting in language:

• Same. I played religiously from September 2014 to December 2018. Have barely played the last 3 months and still in the top 3%. My evenings are much more enjoyable now that I’m not red faced and yelling at the tv because I’m in crucible or gambit chasing a weapon I want.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon