JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/14/2019 10:23:07 PM

Do you feel your feedback is being heard?

Yes

No

If yes, what do you like about the current feedback loop? If no, what don't you like about the current feedback loop?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Sols, its kinda hard for me to believe you even asked this question. Look at the time and effort you have taken to try to bring some form of SBMM back to Crucible matchmaking, yet we are in the exact same situation without any word from Bungie. Look at the complaints about Lunas and NF, yet when nerfs come, those two are not a part of them. Sadly, Destiny 2, and Bungie has changed. The game has changed from being a game anybody can play and have fun with, to being not that much different then a job. Bungie has gone from a game company that gave everybody a fun game to play, to pretty much giving a game only the best can have fun playing. The simple fact is, that if they are listening, it makes no difference as they have their own ideas for the game, and how it is played, and who the game is best suited for, and whatever goes against that, goes in one ear and quickly exits the other.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

8 Replies
    • Surprise! This ratio looks much like IQ ratio. “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” Henry Ford

Posting in language:

9 Replies
      • The current feedback loop is pretty much the same as it has always been.

Posting in language:

• Well when Bungie listens to you scrubs we get vanilla D2. This time last year their was less than 1/3rd the player base. -No Fun, exciting and rewardful Raid -No Depth -No Random Rolls on Weapons and Armour - No Vareity in Play style -Snipers are completely useless -No Actual Story -No Grimoire in and outside of the game -No Amazing Looking Armour -All weapons and abilities are nerfed by +20% -Best gear locked Behind Eververse instead of Trials or the Raid. -No fun/And or Difficult Destiny 1 Modifiers for Strikes and Nightfalls - 50% of items locked behind Eververse - No Replayable story and Daily story Missions with Modifiers. -No Unlimited Shader Use -No Bounties -No Strike scoring -No In-game leader boards for anything rom pve/pvp kills to raid completions . -No Hidden Time gated exotics that are hard to get but are worth the effort. -Sbmm lag fest across quick play and Competitive. - No customizable skill trees -"Free" Updates just reskinned content -All guns in an archetype feel and sound the exact same. -No titles -Nothing to grind for

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          There are a lot of different opinions when it comes to feedback and from what I've seen the feedback on this forum doesn't seem to have that much weight vs Streamers. Actually, it never has and It's been this way since D1 and it will never change, not that there hasn't been a lot of positive constructive feedback in spite what some may say about this forum over the years. It's just knowing Bungie is going to do what they want to no matter what anyone says on this forum. 1 million gamers, let's say that again, 1 million gamers before the cores were changed and only a hand full of streamer mainly people like Datto that came up with the idea completely changed the leveling system that was (never broken.) The cores were changed from their intended purpose and that was to only masterwork items. [spoiler]This isn't about whether it's easy or hard to acquire cores because everyone plays different and some people have this notion if you're not playing "their way" you're doing it wrong. That is a false claim and no one has the right to tell anyone how to play and Bungie should stop controlling how gamers play their game. Games were created for gamers at one point in history so gamers had more freedom to enjoy a game how they wanted to play. Not anymore with most of the top companies out today and streamers that are not helping this game at all. There is no right or wrong way to play Destiny because there is no destiny when it comes to this game. Not even Bungie knows what they are doing with the game and mainly listening to the streamers and how the investment team has handled things is why this game is in where it is. 90% of streamers only think about PvP and themselves, and the (important changes like cores) that we as a community never had a say? people like Datto that suggested among others is a prime example that Bungie doesn't listen to the community. Again, 1 million gamers and a couple of people "opinion" were taken over that 1 million. That in no way benefits the average gamers when it comes to feedback this company takes. In fact, it doesn't benefit anyone but Bungie and the streamers. Not even this next "community summit" is going to improve anything for the average gamer that makes up more than half of Bungie's player base. One thing I come to learn about this company. If it's small petty stuff gamers want to be added to this game Bungie will do it sometimes, but important changes you literally have no say at all. Think about this for a moment, has anyone noticed how a lot of suggestions that are asked of Bungie takes 6 months to a year or longer that the community asked for like how Bungie tried to "glorify" going on 5 years later that hunters can see their entire cloke now? But, important things like faction vendors, or just the normal vendors have been literally ignored only saying "we have no plans". I find it really funny how Tess always gets a full upgrade on ever DLC but all the other vendors are the ones that actually need a major improvement that matters in this game are barely touched. So when people say Bungie is listening? sure, they are, I will agree, but it's only the small petty things you guys ask for.[/spoiler] I found this interesting and IMO it explains a lot on why this game is where it is and tells me this game is not being made for anyone on this forum. In fact, it wasn't made for anyone but Bungie. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/250951984?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1 This notion gamers have that they are a "hardcore gamer' or a "casual gamer" is nothing but a label gamers gave themselves. This game isn't built for either, [b](It was a game pushed out the door to meet a contracts deadline and nothing more and Bungie has been struggling since to make any sense out of this game and so far they have not done that well other than for forsaken.)[/b] Bungie's and Activision's actions prior to this game being released prove's that in spite of what anyone wants to think? Actions have and always will (speak louder than words.) What you do with it is up to you.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
          • Edited by Kelador: 3/16/2019 7:05:52 PM
            All we hear is the same old line of we will pass this on to the team...and when they do make updates it's rarely anything the community wants...Bungie will do what Bungie want they should just be honest and tell us all to shut up as it's doesn't matter what the customer wants when it comes to Bungie.

Posting in language:

• I believe they’ve been listening to twitch streamers and reddit users.

Posting in language:

• I don't blame them to much there's literally thousands of trashposts from non players and quite frankly dumb players. There needs to be play time requirements to actually post or comment in the feedback forums.

Posting in language:

• Unless your a big streamer, they see all of us as $$$ signs

Posting in language:

13 Replies
            • sad just sad

Posting in language:

• Edited by Mitch: 3/15/2019 10:35:46 AM
              Yes, but they dont care. Things people asked for since forever: - Cores to be removed from infusion - matchmaking fixes - Year1 gear with random perks - collection needs to let you buy random rolled gear/weapons - Strike specific loot (it belongs in the heroic list, not to nightfalls) - exotic droprates - useless Xur - no sparrow horns - boring skilltree with no options And so on... There is ton of good feedback people made to improve the game. But Bungie prefers to not do anything, or just nerf things and make the game more of a chore...

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              • Heard, yes. Implemented, no.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Donnybearcubs: 3/16/2019 10:10:17 PM
                You know what they say about ppl want to be heard they come in herds

Posting in language:

• Honestly, yes I think they do. They listen to the feedback but may not necessarily implement it exactly how everybody wants them to. That doesn't mean that they completely ignore it though.

Posting in language:

• It's heard, but it's always up to the developers themselves as to what they do with it. The community managers or what have you do a fine job, it's no fault to them. They don't make the big changes in the changes in the game: they're just the mailmen. As the old saying goes, don't shoot the messenger. I do feel such feedback, as my own gripes with swords being some of the most unrewarding weapons in the game, or lack of "options" when it comes to completing quests. I'd love for swords to be truly worthy of their power weapon slot, and not require titan exotic gauntlets to drop to make their guard function worth using. I'd also love for alternate paths to complete pursuits. Say you have a pursuit, and it would give you the option to complete it via crucible, pve, or gambit rather than pigeon-holing you into a gamemode you may not like to play. Whether the developers do anything with this? Who knows?

Posting in language:

• I feel like feedback is not being heard because comp is still the worst and most aggravating experience and we are in our fourth season of comp. Can’t even get to Heroic 2 now, you lose so many points and going on losing streak makes me feel like I’m just wasting my time. I don’t want D2 to be a waste of my time, so I have made various posts and gone through various posts, and I have only seen one reply on a post by a bungie developer, it’s just sad. The updates they bring to the crucible especially just seem like they don’t care at all, and they haven’t even mentioned fixing crucible and comp issues in forever. This is why I think this feedback is irrelevant.

Posting in language:

• We’ll lets find out shall we? -We been asking for transmogrification since D1 vanilla, and yet we got nothing. -We been asking for chatting system since D1, yet we don’t have it on consoles. So no they don’t listen to majority of us, unless we stream their game and advertise it.

Posting in language:

• Here's my problem. Bungie only ever listen when the game is in serious trouble. It's always reactive and not proactive. We go through this every time the game hits a bump. Bungie go radio silent. People get pissed because it feels like they're being ignored. Said people leave and play something else. THEN Bungie responds. It's completely ass-backwards and why I get so fed up. We've had this going on for like 4 years and nothing ever seems to change. They say they listen but they never communicate it properly. Other developers actually TALK to their community. Not just vague statements.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Cores. Enough said.

Posting in language:

• The reason I say no is because generally when changes are made, they aren’t the changes I want. Now fair enough there’s a lot of people with a lot of ideas and opinions, but let’s be honest here, I want the changes that will make the game the most fun for ME, not other people.

Posting in language:

• I like how I can see Cozmo and Dmg_04 in the forums actually replying, instead of them just being static images.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Yes and no lol.

Posting in language:

• If appreciate if they involved the community more. I also wish that instead of massive game changing overhauls every new season (every 3 months I believe) they patch in changes in between that time that would fix the game now than 3 months from now.

Posting in language:

• New content is coming out, these changes are coming, we fixed this....all things destiny covers very well. What you think a business should be ran by committee, and everyone gets a say..? Start your own business, try that model then get back to me...

Posting in language:

• Edited by Spaceman Spiff: 3/15/2019 12:38:59 PM
                    Hi, I was one of those people they responded to concerning cores, and my answer is a firm "no". My post, though a bitch fest aimed at core fans, points out that the path to obtaining cores is chore. From gathering ghosts, to waiting (and hoping to hit) HVTs for a single core is not a fun way to play the game. The rest is "pray to RNGesus". The response I got? "This is how you obtain cores..." He might as well have copied my complaint. It was a slap in the face. And the "cores add meaningful decisions". Here is a truth, there is so little variation in available builds (thanks PVP balance) that there really is no reason to try new gear. It all literally only looks different. I just need the perk and the stats I like, and that is literally the same from season to season.There are no new perks to experiment with. The new armor and guns are not different. They are the same, with new skins. So fun fact about Destiny: THERE IS NO MEANINGFUL CHOICE TO MAKE. THE MEANINGFUL CHOICE IS A LIE. The system is designed to make you grind. Chew on that "cores are fine" fans.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • Edited by Kung Fu--Slap: 3/16/2019 7:42:30 AM
                      Unfortunately I moaned about light for light as part of dregden quest. I grinded for weeks but got it and then shortly after they listened to feedback and changed it to make it Easyer. I now feel annoyed as I robbed myself of an achievement that is easy to get now...... They hear the complaints but don’t act on them for whatever reason they want,because it’s there responsibility to manage the game. I don’t know why players feel they own or have the right to design and manage content for such a small investment in there leisure spend. Yes moan and complain/feedback,but grow up and treat it like the rest of your leisure activity’s that you spend money on. You have to accept your opinion is just minimal to them,unless you are prepared to not purchase content in a mass action. Many of you are in a negative spiral fighting battles with someone who isn’t and doesn’t need to fight...so really you are just fighting yourselves why Bungie just does whatever it wants to... My opinion anyway.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon