JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/14/2019 5:29:12 PM

Enhancement cores

Infusion shouldn’t be a “important choice” as they say. Destiny is a looter shooter. If I can’t use my loot to shoot why am I looting for?
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• yes, infusion cores ruined the game for me , i had to delete the game immediately after i finished the forsaken storyline

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

2 Replies
    • I'll be honest, I found enhancement cores very hard to keep but after reading a couple of helpful posts I have more now than I've ever had. The things which worked for me was: 1. Not infusing weapons until I had at least 20 levels higher to infuse with. 2. Buying exotics from my collections and using them to infuse weapons/armour (no cores cost) 3. Buying consumables from Spider and giving them to each vendor and dismantling what I didn't want which can yield cores and legendary shards 4. Doing Spider's weekly bounties and cache bounties when they appear. I did those things for 1 day and had more cores than I've ever had before. 4.

Posting in language:

• Go play Anthem.

Posting in language:

• i think a step the right direction would be to recover the cores when you dismantle the item at least, but the whole hog just f#ck em off all together

Posting in language:

• you have a choice to infuse now, or infuse later. you have a choice to do the weekly grind for powerful gear. you have a choice to infuse the gear with cores or glimmer. Cleared out my vault, got over 600 shards for that shit, I love seasonal updates - its like spring cleaning, got about 9 cores from useless shit lying in my vault. lets look at it this way, the decision you make, has consequences. they want you to play a game with an artificial grind. I have NO issue with the Economy of the game, yet I think using them for infusion is a waste. I would Rather ENHANCE MY WEAPON with, wait for it.... its coming... ENHANCEMENT CORES.... as in re Roll a weapon etc. (don't mind spending 50 Cores on this, daddy got deep pockets because I don't infuse anything into everything). Same goes for Armor, yet the MW version of Any Armor is a joke. I would rather add an additional perk per armor set. Because EVERYBODY wants Kinetic Ammo Finder & BOW reserves on their armor don't they. Hey you want Heavy Ammo Finder on your armor as well? here, have it for 15 Cores. (I would grind for that shit) (how about this, EVEN ADD a +10% Buff in Weapon Damage for certain armor sets) (PVE ONLY) - the PVP portion would get their own armor set to grind for to get these perks, that will ONLY work in PVP.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • LFG Raid group, grinding VoG. Must have: 1) Armour with relevant perks (no bonus points for a matching set, or looking pretty) 2) Triumph score of +3k 4) 100+ Enhancement cores

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • There’s no reason to infuse everything you have. You only need certain weapons for Endgame content. You do not need to be Infusing every weapon you get

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Edited by hooverben: 3/16/2019 3:34:35 PM
            Do people not get that there's no need to infuse other than to get it over the power level of certain activities? Like right now in the game for instance, say you're still working towards Tier 2 reckoning, just don't bother infusing until you get a drop that's over 670... because infusing your 650 gear to 660 isn't going to make it better in any other activities and it'll still be underpowered for a 670 (it'll better for Tier 2 , but not really worth trying for a little while), so just keep that stuff in your inventory until you get more powerful drops. It only needs to be in your inventory, you don't need to equip it. You'll sometimes get cores dismantling new gear you don't need, and you can buy one or two from spider anytime you log in for the day. (30 shards ain't much, because you'll also be getting that back from some of the dismantling you do. You'll also sometimes get a scrapper bounty from doing this that rewards a core, which will often reward you for an activity you'll do anywhere. Or Finest Matterweave as well. Various activities will sometimes reward cores, so you barely even need to go out of your way to get them. This isn't even about me defending Infusion, it's about having a bit of patience to build your supply and not infusing for no reason.

Posting in language:

• I consistently have less than the number of cores I need to either infuse or upgrade my weapon to into masterwork. I am new to the game on PS4, and this hurdle, along with the fact that it costs $30 if I want to skip the campaign, makes me almost not want to play the game at all. [b]Remove the cores from infusion, but leave them for masterworking stuff, like it was, and the recipe is perfect again.[/b]

Posting in language:

• Edited by ALM1GHTY PUN: 3/16/2019 11:29:33 AM
            Ya I'm with this guy...I don't care if u have time to grind...some of us don't...I can't be chasing coers with my 30 minutes a week to play...hell after loading I only have 15 minutes...bungie should check ppls play time and us with like 2 hours a week should just have stuff waiting at the post office...[spoiler]I don't really need to say it do i...sarca...naw y'all get it[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• I disagree. It should be difficult and rewarding to masterwork your best gear

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • They made this game a grind for a number, the loot sucks so we just play to infuse. Enhancement cores are the endgame and the fact that nothing is clicking over at Bungie is extremely frustrating. This system doesn’t work. We like to play to become powerful in terms of the items we us, not that we balance a system out by having a number that doesn’t impact how much damage we do. Destiny is a pea shooter right now, nothing is powerful. Nothing is worth playing for. If people want to claim grinding for a number is a fun, more power to them.

Posting in language:

• 100% right. Infusion should neither be "meaningful" or even very "important". It's a base equipment maintenance mechanic to let you work on maximizing your own personal builds and loadouts. Cores in Infusion should have never been a thing and needs to go.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              • AGREED

Posting in language:

• If you want a proper well made looter shooter play borderlands I promise you won't regret it it's a masterpiece to this day and still nearly 5 stars and on the most popular section on Xbox after all this time and 3 comes end of this year!!!!😊😊😊

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                • They're not going to listen to us, they prefer to jack off the streamers and build the game to their liking and not ours. Infusion cores should be for masterwork only, they should only cost 10 shards a pop from Spider and you shouldn't have to grind the same boring crap over and over just to increase your LL by one damn point.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Resource farming is an element of RPG's and should never be so heavily relied on in an FPS. I play FPS' to shoot, not farm resources a la Skyrim.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                    • In my legendary shard, convert to mercury mats for levels up on to get more weapon parts. All to try and get a good roll on an erentil fr4 (which I didnt even get 1 fr at all), I got approximately 100 cores in 2 hours.

Posting in language:

• Requiring cores for infusion was a mistake, a really bad decision by Bungie.

Posting in language:

• *chores

Posting in language:

• [b][i]BINGO[/i][/b]. “Enhancement cores” are just another cheap and lazy way to draw out the anemic wasteland that is D2’s endgame and trick the player into thinking there’s depth to it.

Posting in language:

• Yeah, everyone here has stopped playing. The whole "enhancement cores" thing is garbage. You can all argue about it as long as you like. We stopped playing and DGAF about the game anymore.

Posting in language:

• It wouldn't surprise me if d3 goes down the same road. Maybe they will suck even more fun out the franchise?

Posting in language:

• While I agree they should be removed, it’s not that hard to get enough for a main load out. I just did my first infusion and I think my warlock is 672. Lol immediately after infusing, I got multiple drops at 676. I’m waiting till I get to 685 and I’ll do it again for reckoning tier 3. I think I have around 35 or 40 left after infusion and by the time I get to 685 I’ll have 60 again. I do agree there is an issue due to having multiple sets of armor ( Dreaming city, prime , PVE and PvP) and weapon load outs. I’m not interested in spending hours chasing them down instead of playing newer content and quests. Even the streamers agree they should be removed from the process. Hopefully they listen.

Posting in language:

• Are these lyrics?

Posting in language:

• Disagree. Current system works fine.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon