JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by FiFFeR: 3/14/2019 2:11:26 PM
FiFFeR

It's time for More Vault Space or Our Collections to finally be usable for rando items!

Hello Guardians! Since the launch of destiny 2, through the launch of Forsaken, and now the season of the drifter the struggle with managing vault space has been a real chore. With intent to use 3 characters, and have random rolls on gear/weapons, it's not surprising that a vault of 500 spaces can get filled with a mass of mixed rolled items. Now throw in Gambit Prime gear, and it's not unreasonable to expect a full set of gear for every character for all 4 roles. On top of that, because of random rolls, that throws in a handful of duplicates depending on the build/situation. That's +60 slots filled, and if were to assume doubling up on everything due to getting at least two pieces with decent/god rolls, you are looking at +120 vault spaces filled just with the gambit prime armor. Throw in the new guns/exotics, and expecting close to or over 200vault spaces for keeping one of every gun, and having a few duplicates... that is a substantial amount of our vault space filled for a single season, excluding all prior items. Proposed Fixes (fast and quick change, followed by a proposed overhaul to collections): 1) Simply give us more vault space! When compared to other loot based games or mmo's it wouldn't be at all unreasonable to jump our vault to 1000/1500 spaces. Since this is a feature that probably isn't needed for the more casual players, I would be 100% ok with entertaining the idea of a paid DLC (for minimal cost) to permanently upgrade vault space. 2) Collection Update for pulling randomly rolled gear! [b](HELP MAKE THIS HAPPEN COMMUNITY! HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON IF YOU LIKE THIS IDEA!)[/b] This would be a multiple feature update. For starters, once a piece of gear has been acquired and unlocked in the vault, that piece can then be retrieved and rolled randomly by spending a "Mysterious Armor Token" or "Mysterious Weapon Token". These tokens are purchasable/earned from a NEW npc character that will hang out next to our vaults in the tower! This new NPC will offer a selection of weekly and daily bounties. Ranging across all match-made activities across destiny. The daily bounties all offer either a "Mysterious Weapon/Armor" token each, and allow you to roll a given item that you have unlocked in your collection. The weekly bounties.... need another mechanic introduced: Perk persistence/collection introduction! Every item you have droped will have its perks tracked and added to the collection for every item. So when viewing the item in your collection you can see a list of "lit/shadowed" icons for each perk, indicating what perks you have seen drop for that item. So Weekly bounties: Allow you to pull out a custom rolled item out of your vault where you get to select the exact perks (that you have unlocked for that item) once a week. Once for a weapon, and once for a piece of armor. These tokens are time limited, and will vanish after each weekly reset. Hence why the two weekly bounties will reward tokens "Unstable Armor Token" and "Unstable Weapon Token". This way, every week, as long as you finish your weekly bounties, you could re-acquire a piece of armor and a single weapon that has the exact rolls that you want. I believe this feature set will in the long run make Destiny 2 a more balanced, and less RNG heavy game at the very end-game. Since every season a "meta" is established, the only real change is that it would allow more casual players, and simply players with terrible RNG luck, to get rolls on weapons that are "god rolls" as long as they had the item drop enough to see the exact perks they wanted. Second to this, for the truly bleeding edge players, it would allow them to experiment and play with item's/perk load-outs that they otherwise wouldn't have used. It would create more variation, and a more varied end-game experience. Not to mention, this would remove the immediate need to stockpile a mountain of items in the vault. And allow the player to simply pick/choose what they want. While making any regrettable dismantle only a week away from re-acquiring that piece of gear.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Bungie. You can take our fusion cores for obtaining random rolls from collections. I would say 10 cores could be fair price. With double price till week reset. Sounds awesome! Do you need new game designer?))

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Anyone else remember Bungie advertising the Collections as a way to save up vault space and to allow us to safely discard and retrieve an item whenever we wanted? I remember.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
    • Edited by VarHyid: 3/16/2019 12:33:11 PM
      I have a much simpler idea - you know how you can "lock" a piece of gear so you won't accidentally dismantle it? What if there was a similar mechanism (or even the same) to "lock" a certain roll and be able to retrieve it from the collection? For example - I like my Subtle Calamity bow which rolled with "Explosive Payload" and "Firefly" so I press R3 to lock it and when I do that, I can now always retrieve the same bow with those same perks from the collection (even after dismantling it) until at some point I "lock" a different roll for this weapon. This would not allow you to easily re-roll stats by retrieving gear so you'd still have to rely on RNG to get a "god roll", it wouldn't require any new tokens or mechanics, it would be very simple and easy.

Posting in language:

• With so many people quitting the game it shouldn't be hard to find extra space lying around bungie hq

Posting in language:

• I’m incredibly disappointed in how they chose to do the gambit prime armor...4 roles, 3 sets per role, only one set really worth it. They could have condensed those into one set without changing what you had to do. Deposit motes to earn the “perks” in the reckoning. Level those perks up through reckoning. Each perk when slotted in changes the color of the armor. Boom. Same effects, same amount of work, 12x less wasted space

Posting in language:

• Edited by FataLVisioN_Oo: 3/16/2019 10:34:21 AM
      Delete some items. You're welcome.

Posting in language:

• If you feel you need all 4 sets of Gambit gear then you might have a problem. A jack of all trades is a master of none.

Posting in language:

• 500 Vault space was good enough for Forsaken but with each season update and expansion it's getting tight. I'd like Eververse to remove the silver currency and start charging real money currency selling things that I'd support like more Vault space, character redo, etc.

Posting in language:

• I'm not sure I'm versed enough to comment on the rather elaborate rework suggested here, but as far as opening up more vault space? That seems like a no brainer. For anyone against more vault space, why? If you don't use the space it will remain exactly as it is now. It would be nice if they found someway to make the collection tab more useful to alleviate some of the strain but barring that it seems like an easy fix to just let us vault our stuff. From the perspective of a relative newcomer to the game, I don't know the best perks for guns just by looking so this gives me some noob forgiveness. With how wildly things can shift via the nerf bat, it's worthwhile keeping stuff on hand for when things come around again. More vault space hurts no one, but helps everyone.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • I'll poo-poo this idea. The last thing I want is Billy No-Lifer being able to just collect a bunch of engrams, trash them all, and then pop a god-roll out whenever they feel like it / have a token. A lot of people worked a long time to get perfect or near perfect rolls on items, and basically just handing them out to people smacks of the Y1->Y2 D1 move. I get where this comes from, and it's not a terrible idea. But it removes any value or respect for peoples currently invested time, and succeeds in making precisely 0 items special.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          the Dredgen
          the Dredgen

alright alright alright - old

I play daily and over 24 hours a week I don’t have a problem I use it for god rolls and some armors sets and materials if they made it to where you can save up to 3 rolls per idem in collections and you can swap those 3 spots it would be fine

Posting in language:

• Stop hoarding 4head

Posting in language:

• Edited by Anaxeimones: 3/15/2019 7:47:25 PM
          So, I absolutely agree that the collections system needs to be updated. I think there are two options, both with advantages: [b]1. Random rolls: [/b]this would work like crafting in other games (Diablo 3, The Division 1&2, Anthem, etc.). Players could gather materials (weapon parts, armor, planet resources, legendary shards, and you know Bungie would require enhancement cores), and then craft the desired weapon. This would actually be really fun, and would provide more incentives for players to engage in the open-world aspects of the game. This could also lead to unique recipes and unique crafting components for particular pieces of gear. [b]2. Curated Rolls for All Gear:[/b] This would give every piece of gear a standard curated roll. This would preserve and extend the system already in place. Every entry in the Collections Tab would be useable. This would also provide each weapon with a "set" or standard model. I think this would also be fun, and it would give a sense of character to each weapon. For example, I like how Shaxx, Zavala, and the Drifter all have seasonal gear with curated rolls. This would give Bungie the ability to give all the armor sets in the game distinct personality, which would be really interesting. Thoughts? I'd be happy with either method. What would other people like to see? EDIT: removed snark. I'm hoping the devs are thinking about collections, and how to make the system a more active component of the game. it's a great system, but it just needs updating and continual maintenance.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Delete your shit it wont be there in d3 anyways

Posting in language:

• Edited by Quaddity: 3/15/2019 2:44:08 PM
            Remember when Bungie said in D1 that vault space was an issue because of support for old gen consoles? Can we get an update on their excuse for D2? Seems like a simple thing to allow some more space in the vault with each content update. You should have enough space as is though really. I haven't cleaned my vault out in a while and still have 150 slots left.

Posting in language:

• How much are you hoarding that you've filled up your vault lmao? All the armor sets i swap between sit on the character that uses it, i have maybe 4 sets on each character for different things, my vault is mainly filled with "Oh that's not a bad roll, i might use this at some point in my life" that i've completely since forgotten about and never touched.

Posting in language:

• If they intend to promote Gambit Prime, they better start thinking of a way for players to save space. 4 different armor sets across 3 different characters will take up a lot of real estate. Not even accounting for different load outs. Of course, it's a non issue if you don't plan on playing Gambit Prime much.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • i literally have like 50 items in my vault. the loot pool is not THAT deep that you need MORE vault space. Just delete stuff, stop being a hoarder.

Posting in language:

• I have around 40 items in my vault mainly being a set of each eververse armor set since forsaken, and a couple weapons, you shouldnt need more vault space. Learn to control yourself. Im scared to see how you live

Posting in language:

• Edited by ScotchEggsRule: 3/15/2019 12:22:11 PM
              What on earth can you collect 500 of that's worth keeping, in this game?! There's a couple of decent looking sets of armour and minimal amount of weapons that are worth using. I've played more hours than 99.5% of the playerbase and still have 200 free slots.

Posting in language:

• i would rather more inventory, shader and bounty space

Posting in language:

• More Vault Space always means more Server capacity reserved just for that. Going for that demand is expensive for bungie, either in buying more capacity or recoding existing things to make it more optimal. Your "rework" of the vault, looking at the current content we get with the annual pass seasons, means at least 1 season of work just for that. no other content to play. Be more picky with your inventory, you have 10 slots per itemslot per character. Even if you going to farm items you can bring easy 5 Itemsets with you and dont use any of your vault. And be honest, even in your weaponslots you just use 3-4 items in total / slot And as far as i remember, Bungie already said they working on a collection Update for y2 random rolls. Thats one thing that will be hated by everyone, but they already working on solutions for the problems mentioned here and in the forums in general. Yes you all are tired of being told feedback is brought to the team, but guess what, stuff like this needs time to do. Some of the things that look "plain simple" in your eyes are complex as -blam!- under the hood. And in addition, even if so many people say it, bungie is still cooperating with Activision on the annual pass content. The Contract for both ends after the final releases of season of opulance. So everything Bungie is doing rn is still in cooperation with Activision. ( i know its offtopic but people will definetly bring that argument) personally i would wish for bungie employees to be more active in the forums (not just cozmo and dmg) but reading just the last few weeks and have at least some insight into developing struggles myself can definetly relate with them. Bungie forums are full of half baked complains and "easy" solutions like this. You have no idea how complex the stuff in the background is to implement, how much work is going into even simple features and what other businessreasons go into such a decision.

Posting in language:

• Clear you vault out then?

Posting in language:

• How the hell do you have your vault maxed out. Sounds like you need to clean it out.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Jonnnys: 3/15/2019 9:04:27 AM
              I’ve got one decent roll for most weapons, lots of materials and armour stored and I have 198 slots left. I think it’s time you stopped hoarding shit.

Posting in language:

• I've not managed to fill my vault but agree with the bit where the collections tab should work with all items, it's stupid that only a selection of items can be withdrawn

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
            ;
            preload icon
            preload icon
            preload icon