JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

3/7/2019 10:59:13 PM
Sbmm has nothing to do with falling numbers Just more of you pushing your agenda of not wanting to face good players And tbh it undermines your points
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I don’t play quickplay for the specific reason that matchmaking is broken since they pulled SBMM. You could say that I’m living proof that SBMM does in fact have a bearing on player numbers. Speaking of which, numbers are way down on this time last year, not saying that’s solely due to matchmaking, but it’s definitely a factor.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• And tons of players returned when they did pull sbmm as evidenced by wm More pro its removal then anti, as shown in Y1 of D1 when the community raged about it for weeks

Posting in language:

• Edited by d3benway: 3/8/2019 12:27:57 AM
    Lol @ “the community”, as it it speaks with one voice. Numbers on the couple of days I checked last week were 75K and 150k(!) lower than the daily average for February 2018. Yesterday, as in the second day of a new season, was 25k lower than the daily average for March 2018, which was supposed to be right at the time that “The Franchise Nearly Died Because Filthy Casuals” ... and I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that within a week or two it’ll be much worse than that. Looks like The Community is voting with its feet. But you enjoy the temporary buff to your KD, just don’t pretend you weren’t warned when you’re crying in a month or two because Crucible is a sweaty wasteland with nobody left to farm.

Posting in language:

• So casuals favor SBMM even although CoO was a wasteland. Then use BA and these past times as proof not having SBMM is killing the game, which isn’t true. Warmind is living proof. The outrage for pvp in CoO was more than the outrage right now. Like I said pvp would be fine with a more casual-friendly meta, (A weapon that all can obtain) which I disagree with. Nevertheless I see that’s one of the leading problems. Besides no pvp endgame content besides Comp, which isn’t that good. Also no maps.

Posting in language:

• Edited by d3benway: 3/8/2019 8:01:01 PM
    [quote]So casuals favor SBMM even although CoO was a wasteland..[/quote] This time last year was right in the middle of the CoO era. Crucible numbers are worse now. What does that tell you? Imho the meta is a red herring, all the cries for nerfs and bitching about Luna’s/NF/DRB misses the point. Leave these weapons strong, just let people play against their peers skill wise. Better players with more hours played will dominate, whatever the meta. Granted, there are a *lot* of other problems, but if they bring back trials with great rewards so the sweaties have something to grind for, bring back SBMM in quickplay or introduce a second SBMM list and this alone will revitalise Crucible overnight, because the shooter mechanics are still peerless.

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]So casuals favor SBMM even although CoO was a wasteland..[/quote] This time last year was right in the middle of the CoO era. Crucible numbers are worse now. What does that tell you? Imho the meta is a red herring, all the cries for nerfs and bitching about Luna’s/NF/DRB misses the point. Leave these weapons strong, just let people play against their peers skill wise. Better players with more hours played will dominate, whatever the meta. Granted, there are a *lot* of other problems, but if they bring back trials with great rewards so the sweaties have something to grind for, bring back SBMM in quickplay or introduce a second SBMM list and this alone will revitalise Crucible overnight, because the shooter mechanics are still peerless.[/quote] But you aren’t understanding what I am getting at. I don’t won’t those pinnacle weapons nerfed but I see the truth. The meta weapons currently aren’t casual-friendly. SBMM not being in Warmind and being more successful than CoO is proof. TL;DR The reason why pvp is dead right now is not because it’s lacking SBMM, it’s because of the current meta, lack of pvp endgame, a sub par comp system, and no new maps.

Posting in language:

• My point is that although we don’t know for sure why Crucible is dying, probably a combination of factors including those you mentioned, clearly matchmaking is a huge issue for players in the lower 60-70% of the base and I don’t think the meta has any majorbrelevance to this situation. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a “high skill” HC/SG(lol)/RL meta or Mida or Uriel’s or Graviton Lance, the fundamental point is that pitching higher and lower level players against each other will lead to the latter group getting annihilated enough that they stop coming back for more. Granted, the potency of the current meta arguably exacerbates any skill gap, and bizarrely this is apparently intentional on Bungie’s part, plus anyway Luna’s / NF are effectively out of reach for casual players even if they would’ve been able to wield them effectively, but the fundamental point remains that the meta is of secondary importance at best when you’re pitching guys with multiple hundreds of hours of crucible experience against guys who play an hour a week at most.

Posting in language:

• [quote]My point is that although we don’t know for sure why Crucible is dying, probably a combination of factors including those you mentioned, clearly matchmaking is a huge issue for players in the lower 60-70% of the base and I don’t think the meta has any majorbrelevance to this situation. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a “high skill” HC/SG(lol)/RL meta or Mida or Uriel’s or Graviton Lance, the fundamental point is that pitching higher and lower level players against each other will lead to the latter group getting annihilated enough that they stop coming back for more. Granted, the potency of the current meta arguably exacerbates any skill gap, and bizarrely this is apparently intentional on Bungie’s part, plus anyway Luna’s / NF are effectively out of reach for casual players even if they would’ve been able to wield them effectively, but the fundamental point remains that the meta is of secondary importance at best when you’re pitching guys with multiple hundreds of hours of crucible experience against guys who play an hour a week at most.[/quote] Yes and I agree with some of your points. I still feel like casuals would still be fine as long as they play better people with the same guns, so they can have a chance at competing.

Posting in language:

• People are leaving due to pve having zero to do and being dead bored Not because of pvp lmao What funny is you call me stat padder when I barely play and have never statted anything, guess you just throw that term around at anyone that doesnt think that being good means you cant play against everyone else huh? Smh

Posting in language:

• Edited by d3benway: 3/8/2019 4:47:18 PM
    [quote]People are leaving due to pve having zero to do and being dead bored Not because of pvp lmao[/quote] So PvE (which is running on a par with this time last year, ie well into a downwards spiral) is causing people to quit Crucible (which is doing significantly worse than it was this last time year). Well, ok then.

Posting in language:

• 1. Sols himself says pvp had higher numbers then pve...pve is whats hurting 2. Any game will be worse population wise in its second year then its first - the fact that weve got the same numbers as Y1 in Y2 isnt half as bad as having those numbers in Y1 to begin with

Posting in language:

• Well, the commonly received view is that Curse of Osiris was a disaster that Nearly Killed The Franchise, but Forsaken / Y2 was a triumph that Saved Destiny and The Game Is Now In A Great Spot, so what does it say that numbers even are worse now? Fwiw Crucible yesterday was at 234k (guardian.gg) and 646k PvE (Destiny Tracker)

Posting in language:

• You know, I honestly don’t care whether is SB or CB or a combination but what I hate is people whining. The losers always have an excuse and it always ends up being Bungie’s fault somehow. Numbers are dwindling because nothing game changing is happening, not because the quality of the game has dipped or whatever. Currently we have a game that from its release up until now has been the result of people complaining. Every time Bungie do [i]anything[/i], someone feels as though they’ve been conned. If you ask me, they should stop listening to all of you and just make the game they want because let’s be honest, none of you are ever happy with it. I know the game I want it to be as I’m sure you do and I’d bet it’s not the same game. Bungie should stop trying to recapture what made D1 good (because it’s different for different people) and just try and make something new and game changing like Destiny once was.

Posting in language:

• [quote]If you ask me, they should stop listening to all of you and just make the game they want because let’s be honest, none of you are ever happy with it.[/quote] I absolutely agree with this. Trying to design by focus group and pandering to ”The Community” (ie those with the highest follower count) is why things are how they are now ... imho an incoherent mess. It’s a fascinating case study in online consumer politics - I see this stuff becoming prevalent across a range of industries, not just games. Personally, I’d rather see talented professionals execute a clear vision than trying to keep tweaking so as to keep the most vocal online mobs off their back.

Posting in language:

• Well that we absolutely agree on. When Destiny launched, it wasn’t perfect but it was untainted. It was more-or-less the studios’ vision of the game before it got pulled from all sides.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon