JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/6/2019 6:41:03 AM

What happened Bungie? You completely contradicted yourselves

"WE WENT BACK TO THE BOARD AND LOOKED AT EVERYTHING AND SAID, ‘HEY, HERE ARE A COUPLE WEAPONS WE FEEL LIKE ARE IN A REALLY GOOD SPOT.’ AND BY ‘REALLY GOOD SPOT,’ THEY’RE KIND OF HOT. THEY’RE PROBABLY TOO HOT FOR D2. IN D1, PEOPLE WOULD HAVE SAID (PROBABLY CORRECTLY), THAT MEANS WE WOULD NERF THOSE THINGS. THEY’RE NAILS THAT ARE STICKING UP OUT OF THE BOARD, AND WE WOULD HAVE HAMMERED THEM IN TO BE EVEN WITH THE BOARD. FOR THIS UPDATE, WE DID THE OPPOSITE. WE SAID ‘THESE THINGS ARE KIND OF HOT. LET’S BRING EVERYTHING ELSE TO THEM.’ SO WE STARTED RAISING EACH THING UP WHETHER IT BE IN PVE OR PVP.” So what happened to this mentality back in Curse of Osiris, Bungie? Why don't you understand by now that as players we don't want these changes? Why can't you bring the weaker weapons and gear up to be on par with the fun and powerful gear? No one complained or told you to nerf code of the juggernaut. No one complained about Whisper of the Worm. 9 shots? Really? Out of the past 4-5 years, this is the absolute worst update yet. Well done

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The Whisper need was because of all the steamers. They all play on PC mostly and it's really easy to hit your headshots on PC if you have a little skill. So this was a direct Nerf to PC and streamers . Which in turn is way worse for the console players

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • I wanted Juggernaut nerfed a little Jus sayN you don't speak for everyone

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Because in this game only Handcannons are allowed to be broken & stay broken, and nothing else is allowed to be competitive, cause apparently they have some type of obsession with this god damm broken asss CrutchCannon Metas that make 0 fcuking sense

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Whisper and sleeper ammo nerf was un called for, really bungie what are you doing. Forcing players to use other weapons by nerfing their favourite weapons is not the answer. Bring other exotic up to same level or make them more appealing

Posting in language:

40 Replies
          • They’ll say anything to promote you spending money but lie through their teeth after they get your money. I’m so glad you posted this.

Posting in language:

• They nerf the old weapons to make you want the new weapons it should be called the pay to win pass not the annual pass

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • [quote]FOR THIS UPDATE[/quote] There's your answer chief.

Posting in language:

• Thats exactly what they did with shotguns Not sure how everything could be brought to the level of whisper though

Posting in language:

• Oh no, bungie made a few minor changes to guns that were light years ahead of any of their competitors. Grow up and move onto the next good gun. Try acrius, ward cliff, swords, two tailed, or any of the other shit they buffed. People used two guns in pve exclusively for 9 months because they were just that good and you dudes think something shouldn't be done about it? I guess this narrow minded bs is pretty normal around here though.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • Edited by TotalDramaGamer: 3/7/2019 2:16:17 AM
                I honestly feel like if Bungie had any sort of consistent grasp what a 'reasonable' nerf looks like they would be getting a lot less flak. I mean, look at the flood of 1 eye mask change posts, right? Oh wait, there isn't one, because Bungie didn't decide to make it completely useless. If they had kept the reserves around 12-14 rounds the Whisper backlash would be much smaller. TBH, we got a lot of great buffs. It's just the fact that Whisper got mercilessly slashed by 50% (hmmm... where have I see that take happen before... *warlock cries in corner) that it's all blown up like this. Seriously though, I still think Whisper should have 12 in reserve at base. 9 is just... really low...

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • activisions involved till d3 at least

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • 'We're gonna raise things up" might be the "See those mountains? You can go there!" of Destiny 2.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • Reminds me of when tripod was taken from truth in d1 out of nowhere.

Posting in language:

• this is the last bungie game that I would buy

Posting in language:

• This is what a Bungie owned Destiny looks like....

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                      • Edited by MattyG78matgreen: 3/7/2019 7:29:38 PM
                        I'm mentally disabled and because of this I do struggle with gaming. I put time, effort and I had a huge amount of help from a friend (who is a really good gamer), just so then I could obtain a Black Armory powerful machine gun, and then Bungie goes and shits on it a few days after I obtained it, by making it less powerful against bosses. I don't want to have to change my heavy weapon because I really like it. I just don't understand why Bungie like to make really good things like weapons and armour really shit. I can understand Bungie wanting to make other things better but what I don't understand is why do they have to shit on everything else? They're a bunch of fcuking arseholes!

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Try the sniper and linear fusion rifle reserve armor perks, they're delicious.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Vox Imperium: 3/6/2019 1:47:56 PM
                          To be honest, it feels like they are more concerned with this game being a damn Esport rather than a fun MMOFPS that has a mix of everything. D1 did this almost perfectly, if not a little flawed. They are more concerned with making everything fair for everyone with no sense of gap between skill and none at all. You think Sleeper is really powerful and is fun? Well, -blam!- you. You like high boss DPS with Black Hammer? -blam!- you. You like machine guns? Well... -blam!- you. That is all Bungie seems to be telling me. These nerfs make a modicum of sense. I am not saying they aren't understandable. What I am saying is that not everything needs to be balanced to the tea. No weapon in D2 is exciting to get, because of the fact that it doesn't feel special. There is no Gjallarhorn. No Black Hammer. No Raze-Lighter. No Vex Mythoclast. No Crux of Crota. Were some of these weapons too powerful? Hell yes. That is why the majority of people consider Y1 Destiny the best its ever been, minus TTK. Just a bland as shit game that is trying too hard to be something that the game wasn't meant to be. This game feels like the COD of MMO's. The TTK for weapons in PvP is so low that is the worst it's ever been. Abilities have been overly simplified and gear perks are completely useless, unless aimed at something so specific. Weapons have no sense of choice involved. The PvP has no variety and lots of maps are just reworks of other maps. This game wasn't meant to be what it is now.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          • [quote]FOR THIS UPDATE, WE DID THE OPPOSITE.[/quote][quote]FOR THIS UPDATE[/quote][quote]THIS UPDATE[/quote][quote][b][i][u]THIS[/u][/i][/b] UPDATE[/quote]

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • #StopWhining

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                              • Bungie: secondhand car salesmen.

Posting in language:

• D2 is like some dehydrated plant, sitting in a hot window just begging to be watered. But what do they do, nothing that's what, so it just keeps wilting and dropping leaves(players).

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • Because if everything was as powerful as Sleeper and Whisper the in game activities would be trivial and you would then complain the game is too easy.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                  • Remember when Bungie said they would never Nerf a weapon but bring other weapons up to par... ? Yea they lied..

Posting in language:

• Far more buffs than nerfs. Far more improvements over the few nerfs. I hate nerfs just like anyone but the buffs seem great. Chill my dudes!

Posting in language:

• I actually feel that the nerfs in this update were warranted, with a few exceptions. (Whisper sleeper machine guns)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                                    ;
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon