JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by X7xSHADOWSx7X: 2/19/2019 7:22:30 AM

Simple request to have a debate on Jotun. Please dont make this a "OMG Nerf This" Post

Bungie we need to talk about Jotun. Why is there a Heavy weapon in the special slot? I miss yhe old days when i could have a gun battle with people in destiny skill vs skill. I hate special weapons but thats a different topic for a different day. JOTUN is the perfect exotic Heavy weapon. It does the damage of a heavy weapon in both pvp and pve alike (to include shutting down supers), it can both single target and add clear in pvp and pve, its a very versitile weapon at all ranges in both pvp and pve, theres not really a problem with the weapon.... except that its in the special slot. If you simply moved it to the heavy slot and didnt change anything the gun would not be affected in pve and pvp would be less fireballs tracking around the map. I just dont understand why its not a heavy.... please anyone enlighten me with a well put together thought process. EDIT: So as i was having this debate with some d2 streamers 1 of them brought up a good point, even though it was against moving Jotunn. Jotunn has all the quailties of a Heavy weapon: add clear, massive damage, very versitile. And yet Queenbreakers Bow is the exact opposite, it has none of the qualities of a Heavy weapon, it cant really effectively add clear, it does ass for damage, doesnt really get your worth for you ammo. If it didnt have a crap ton of aim assit almost nobody would use it. If Jotunn isnt heavy capable than why is queensbreaker? And before anyone says due to weapon class: 1k is a fuison in heavy, darci and whisper are snipers in heavy, tractor cannon and LOA are shotguns in heavy. And the reason they all are is damage or they give ability to increase damage...... just like the Jotunn

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I've had it for a couple of weeks now. It certainly helped my stats, but that being said I was trying to compete against some other pretty good weapons. When it works, it works. It's flashy, instant and irritating to lose to. That being said it's extremely limited and misses a ton. I'm looking at a screen shot right now where my dot is on the player, the round is just about to leave the gun, it's the perfect distance and it still misses. The other guy is standing against a wall and the splash damage only gets rid of 50% of his shield. In essence you'll hit a lot of bad players, but rarely hit the good ones. The ammo limitations make Competitive play nearly impossible. You start out with 2 ammo and if it's a match with limited lives there's nowhere near enough ammo drops. You're going to end up with Last Word versus Service Revolver. You can get away with it in the right map and as long as it's Control or Clash.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I think it’s simple; increase the projectile speed, then classify it as a linear fusion rifle and make it a heavy.

Posting in language:

• As I say, balance in all things. If one were to take away, say, the OHK, what would need to be brought up to fill the void? Charge speed? Projectile speed? Both?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Its really slow though, in every aspect. You can catch someone on the reload, or when the weapon is charging, or even just dodge it. The tracking isn't THAT insane like the D1 tracking rocket launcher days lol PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE TRAVELER don't ruin this weapon for PVE. Don't touch it. This is how exotics are supposed to feel. Every other trash exotic should be buffed to be on the same level instead of nerfing the few good ones.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • It’s easy to dodge, it has a slow charge time, slow projectile and you start with only 2 ammo.

Posting in language:

• Or y'know, strafe.

Posting in language:

• You’re a titan with Luna and OEM equipped, what are you even talking about?! Git Gud 🤡🤡

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Well, Whisper and Queenbreaker should stay in heavy. For Whisper the damage and infinite ammo is clear but QB, if it was secondary everyone would spawn with ammo so invading in Gambit would be more annoying than it is now.

Posting in language:

• No, nerf herder.

Posting in language:

• If you moved it to heavy slot, it'll be a very poor heavy weapon because of bad tracking, bad dps compared to most exotic heavy, and very slow charging time. Most of the time, jotunn can even miss the shot at point blank due to uber bad tracking while telesto have no problem with that. This weapon need no nerf.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • I honestly think it is fine the way it is. QBB could be a special too, but some people would just destroy with it then. Jotunn is very inconsistent and a completely different type of weapon.

Posting in language:

• I like the gun. Think it’s just fine being in the special slot. Paired with a hammerhead and a pulse you now have a load-out that’s very capable of countering the Luna-Dust Rock combo. (Keep your distance-jump back as you pre charge when getting aped) I’m looking forward to using it in IB. I think the potential is there to get some nice multi kills when the opponents are capping a point.

Posting in language:

• People using a gun which counters the meta. Get gud.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • You basically have to be right in someone's face or else they can just move out of the way. It doesn't have the blast radius of a rocket launcher and in most situations you have to be charging it before you can physically see the person you want to kill or shooting it at someone that doesn't know you are aiming at them. It's fine. It's definitely no pre-nerf Telesto.

Posting in language:

• Buddy if I were you I’d go ahead and unequip that shotgun/Luna’s/ wardcliff combo you’re rocking before you go having a cry about wanting gunfights based on skill, because nobody is going to take you seriously. You’re upset because jotunn is killing you before you can get close enough with your easy mode shotgun, or it’s outranging your Luna’s, one or the other, or probably both.

Posting in language:

• It’s very easy to use, but it’s not hard to play against it if you know how. I usually go about it like a sniper. Don’t peek lanes too long, don’t get caught running out in the open. Like a sniper and a fusion rifle, in order to dodge effectively you need to move horizontally, and not vertically. The projectile tracks well vertically but not horizontally, even sidestepping will work. It does a lot of damage, I’ll agree, but I don’t think it should be a heavy as the tracking isn’t 100% solid.

Posting in language:

• I kinda agree. Like I’m against actually moving it to heavy, but it absolutely deserves to be a heavy. I thought it was a mistake it was a special.

Posting in language:

• OMG Destiny why is Dust Rock Blues not in a Heavy slot. It does the damage of a heavy weapon in both PvP and PvE alike (to include shutting down supers). I just don't understand why a single shot 500 yards across the map guaranteed kill by Dust Rock Blues is NOT IN HEAVY BY NOW. So frustrating. Nerf Dust Rock Blues Please, pretty please, please please please. Thank You.

Posting in language:

• I got jotunn today 3 powerful frame try at begusia, and the first thing I do? Crucible time. I put on catapult lift, and lion rampants, and just flew over everyone, hip fire charging. So much fun

Posting in language:

• No more -blam-ing nerfs!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • i think the charge time is too long.

Posting in language:

• It’s b+ at best. Honestly the easy strat is to stop shooting and move once they fire. It’s not like they will kill you if you stop shooting to evade.

Posting in language:

• More often than not I trade kills with a jotunn user. It’s velocity is very slow, they’re usually dead before I am. Definition of not overpowered. A skilled player will decimate with jotunn, just like they’ll decimate using any other regular fusion, sniper or shotgun. It’s a wildly inconsistent weapon, not op, you just got killed a few times by it and you’re salty about it

Posting in language:

• Edited by lCertifiedl: 2/19/2019 12:53:47 PM
                You make it completely redundant in PvE if you move it to the heavy slots, we need more viable choices in every slot in PvE or the all the good exotics are in heavy and the competition is much greater. Just because you don't directly change its damage it's still a nerf in PvE not matter how much you dress it up. Your just another PvP whiner who can't handle getting killed, like the vast majority of the forums at the moment. It's not even close DPS wise to whisper/1K voices so will never get used, it's perfect in the special slot. Let me guess you run Luna/not forgotten and wardcliff, I don't even need to check, you just don't like being outplayed. edit - haha how right was I 😂

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • Debate all you want. Do whatever you want. As long as it doesn't affect pve.

Posting in language:

• People wanting gun battles in Destiny is part of the reason we got D2, with its weak supers, grenades, and melees. The fact that you state that you hate special weapons makes you biased from the get go. I am not a fan of the fact that it can one shot you out of a super, but other than that fine with it. If you moved it to the heavy slot I would probably never use it unless it was revamped in some way. It would become another exotic sitting in my vault.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon