JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Is Crucible fun?
2/17/2019 10:21:36 AM
If I play with my friends who are good PvP players, we get hatemail for being a toxic sweaty stack. If I play with my friends who aren't so good, I get messages about how shit my team is. If I play solo, I get teamed with blueberries who aren't sure which end of the gun the bullets come out. If I try to win in QP, I'm an asshole. If I want to use fun guns like Jotunn, I'm just a scrub who can't use a "real" loadout. If I use a "real" loadout, I'm a meta scrub. Honestly the worst part about player vs player, is the goddamn players. I hate knowing I'm ruining someone's day, when I'm having fun. I hate when people try to ruin mine by bagging or sending messages telling me "kys". The gameplay can be great fun, and going in with some friends, always a giggle. Gunfights can be really satisfying. So can it be fun? Hell yeah. Would I classify it as fun? Hell no. I hate what it does to the community. I hate the constant bickering about fun vs balance. I hate the nerfs that end up hurting PvE. I hate so much about the gamemode, and most of it stems from the players. I grew up with couch PvP, and that was such a different world... No one talked shit that they couldn't back up, there was never any lag or fear of some Network manipulation, if your buddies little brother only played odd-job, you could punch him, send a REAL message. It was still a game back then. There was no sense of missing out on rewards if you lost. There was no quest dictating how you played or what guns you used. That, was fun. This? Not so much.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• NO ODDJOB [spoiler]the golden rule[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• The reason people don't like the things you do is because the meta is broken and people who use it actually do ruin the experience for others, when people stack 4-6 in quickplay which is the only playlist for any one other then a sweat, gets stacked against a full team of sweats which is why most people just quit because people can't have fun in quickplay when they play against a full team treating it like competitive. It's especially terrible in iron banner where you can't go one match without a 6 man team ruining your experience and discourages anyone that doesnt take the hour to look for a full 6 man to run against casuals. The jottun might be fun but it's cheap shit, and the same thing applies to people who use wardrift cool, lunas howl, not forgotten, dust rock blues, wavesplitter, OEM W/ any titan super but especially sentinel. All of that is easy mode and when people use it sometimes then fine but when people abuse it is when you get the hate

Posting in language:

• Yawn.

Posting in language:

• This. Over and over again.

Posting in language:

• My friends and I had an agreement: no one plays Oddjob, and we all played with lowered health so games were quicker and more reliant on twitch reflexes and controlling the Kevlar vest spawn/rocket launcher spawn/Golden Gun spawn/Remote Mines spawn. Ahh, N64 GoldenEye... it was my first return to FPS shooters since my uni days playing the original Doom in the comp sci lab with my plumber friends. I wouldn't have that much fun again until Unreal Tournament.

Posting in language:

• Oh I hated players who picked oddjob. I would make it my mission to destroy them. Same with the p90s bc only pussies used them lol I miss GoldenEye and perfect dark.

Posting in language:

• That RCP90 did shred though 😂

Posting in language:

• Real men used the destovy or whatever pistols lol but yes those bastards did shred

Posting in language:

• Ha Jaws & Klobb was the way to go

Posting in language:

• I can respect the klobb bc it was Soo bad lol

Posting in language:

• The sound of that thing still haunts me

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon