JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
2/12/2019 6:22:12 AM

Can D2 max out a 2080Ti? (Rutabaga)

I'm new to PC gaming, but I built this PC to play D2. i9-9900k, 2080Ti FE, Aorus Z390 Xtreme mobo. Playing on my old monitor until I get a new one - current monitor is an LG 34UC98. I do have Freesync turned on. I'm playing at 3440x1440. The monitor does 60Hz (overdrive to 75). Generally speaking things work really well. Frame rates well north of 100 usually. Every once in a while, in big area with lots of people (was just doing an Escalation Protocol) I'll get big slowdown. This time it was so bad I got the rutabaga error. I had HWINFO going so I saw that Performance Limit - Power was reached. Not sure why that would just happen in those big open events like EP. I do have settings cranked up, but I figured this rig could take it. I should note that I did see the same thing playing on the monitor I had in the room I built the PC in - an old Dell 2407WFP. On that monitor I had the frame rate capped to 60FPS (since it was a 60Hz moniton with no Freesync). Still not sure why this would happen though.
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by suttungur: 2/12/2019 6:30:42 AM
    For one, Freesync is AMD technology and not interchangeable with G-Sync, which is the NVidia equivalent. You'd want to have a G-Sync monitor with your setup and turn off VSync (in-game), as you don't want to have them both on at the same time. In any case, I recommend reading about the differences and what they actually do. [url=https://www.google.com/search?q=freesync+vs+g+sync&oq=freesync+vs&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.4695j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8]Google search for Freesync vs G-Sync[/url]

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

3 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon