JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Sooooo Community is in Chaos
2/12/2019 5:24:36 AM
Bungie will continue in the lucrative ways learned from Activision. Its time to just quit purchasing from Bungie.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Bull: 2/12/2019 8:08:03 AM
    I totally disagree. On both points. For first: I am a D1 & 2 longtime player and spent a couple of thousands of hours in these 2 games. BUT in contrast to a large amount of the rest of the, so called, community I where patient enough to buy both games in their second year. The price was good, enough content to fit my needs. No problem here. Thing is:[i] its not time to quit purchasing. It was dumb to throw money at them BEFORE game launch. Twice. [/i] Now that they had split with their publisher, I think its time to show [b]some[/b] love & trust. Maybe throw some bucks here and there @ them, now or in the near future. Take a look what can happen if u let do a dedicated studio do their thing and have a loving, caring community. Look at Digital Extreme / Warframe. Its an awesome game, f2play and they are doing just fine. Help Bungie find a similar way and lets see how this turns out. I personally have the strong feeling it will be just fine and Destiny will get an awesome game experience. BUT it will take a while and they will need [b]our[/b] financial support. IF maxing out on money was Bungies top priority the much better approach would have had been to stick to Activision and follow their rules of engagement. For sure. Just my 2 cent.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I agree with both sides. I'm tired of spending money on Bungie to release bad content. But at the same time I want to give them money cause I hope they learned. And I think can really succeed on their own. Most of us know they can't make big changes in D2, the big changes will see will come in D3. But what I had hoped was they would focus on content drops, engage with community, be upfront, explain things. For example: they straight up did not like the Enhancement Core posts, to be fair they were very toxic in most ways. Some were trying to help with good ideas, different ways to go about it. But 98% were toxic. And instead of engaging with the community opening their own thread like they have done before. They started deleting posts and adding fuel to the fire. Then they said they wouldn't look into it at all. I think that is a poor decision. Now is the time too look into requests like this

Posting in language:

• I disagree now is the time to walk away and stop supporting Bungie.... Activision had little to do with the develope process of D1/2 people forget Bungie have always been an inderpendate studio they had a publishing deal that they agreed to... outside of living up to their agreement it was all on Bungie... Going forward Bungie need incentive to do ALOT better than they have been doing and money talks... when they see less money coming in they will have to do better... as long as the money is coming in they will carry on with what they have always done as why work harder when doing the bare min has the same payout.

Posting in language:

• Maybe, just maybe activision got tired of all of bungs errors and dropped them. Did that thought even occur to you?

Posting in language:

• Activision didn’t drop bungo, it was the other way around

Posting in language:

• Edited by Bull: 2/12/2019 11:19:53 AM
    Drop one of ur best or the best cashcow for some random errors? I highly doubt that. What do Activision have left in their portfolio for the next quarterreport? CoD? Really....? Who lost a shit ton of money in stockfunds afterwards and is now under suspicion of malvesating investors money? Obviously not Bungie. If that where the case, why where Bungie employees celebrating afterwards? So.... no. This thought never came to my mind. Bungie stated out that they where pretty happy with the state Destiny2 was in (at the time), while Activision parallel spoke out loud that they where disappointed in the sales numbers and the overall profit in general. Not that they lost money. No. The profit wasnt high enough to please their investors expectations. That took place in the end of last year. Public. So for me the conclusion comes to mind that Bungie are more likely to believe in their product and their freeroom of and for creativity whilst Activision was the bad Boy here who just wanted to make the fast buck over anything else. Every -blam!-in quarter. Why not support Bungie and see what the future brings? Nothing to lose, but potentally much to win. And I personally love to see this development and hope that this kicks off a trend in gaming industry in general. -blam!- off, greedy publishers, no gamer needs you, no studio really wants you.

Posting in language:

• So you were there at celebration? Or see some marketing hype. Bung under performed and under delivered. My guess is activision cut ties, especially since bung signed with them. A little common sense goes a long way

Posting in language:

• Edited by Bull: 2/12/2019 11:24:18 AM
    Bung under performed and under delivered. -> under Activisions time table. My guess is activision cut ties, especially since bung signed with them. -> Yeah, like Microsoft did back in the days, eh? Do you even follow gaming news? Sorry, but just google Activisions stock market price and maybe you will understand that your guess is pretty.... unadjucated.

Posting in language:

• They are being investigated by feds aren’t they Look at player numbers, they climbing or dropping Bung delayed d2 release because they resounding it. Even with an extra year d2 was trash, remember d2 beta and bung saying one we got was not best release

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon