Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
2/11/2019 2:18:26 PM

Bungie: You're balance system is an epic fail - Separate PVP & PVE in D3

Epic fail.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

We do make changes that only affect PVE in certain cases. When we changed Telesto in the last patch we increased it's PVE damage by 30% to compensate. We don't want weapons and abilities to feel drastically different when you go from activity to activity. That said, I will pass along your feedback. Let me know any specifics to how you would like to see things further separated.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

310 Replies
    • There’s a rumour going around about bungie toying with the idea of pvpve in the open world.

Posting in language:

• I game like Destiny should never have weapons/abilities nerfed on PVE because of PVP.End of story.I get it, PVP needs to be balanced, but rhe nerf hammer hits way too hard sometimes On the other hand, it's really nice to see positive changes like the ones Bungie did on theb latest patch with most of the old supers.That's what manyof us wanted,to feel powerful and have fun killing stuff I am not gonna lie, I loved D1's crucible and honestly I still enjoy D2's PVP ocasionally , but Bungie is clearly mistaken with their idea of balance.PVP need to be tretaed separately from PVE, otherwise Bungie will keep losing players that will never come back because the game is no fun

Posting in language:

• Edited by CookieNiki: 2/12/2019 10:00:24 PM
      I don't believe D3 will be much different from what we've seen in the last 4,5 years. I came to the point where I'm convinced that this game will never be what it was meant to be, it will always be looked as a case study about mismanaging a lot of potential with non sense decisions, lack of focus and stubbornness from it's developer, which in the end stopped it from becoming a cornerstone in the game industry. It will be remembered as a roller-coaster of steps forward and back without ever reaching near it's full potential. And in the end all that was delivered was just an average game. Original, yes, but average nonetheless.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Edited by blade329: 2/11/2019 3:55:26 PM
        PvP balance in this game is pipe dream. You can't balance a loot based game where you can take the gear into both PvE and PvP. It's not going to happen. Since that is a major feature of the game, it's a waste of time trying to turn PvP into a level playing field. People just need to stop taking the Crucible so seriously. It's not viable for competition and eSports. You want that, head over to Halo instead.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
        • PVP will Be this game’s demise. Literally, all they have to do is keep both separate. Not that fûcking difficult ! Logic says keep both separate so that they each game mode has its own respective META’s and what not. But as we all know, logic and Bungie are not friends. Activision is not in the picture anymore boys. So no more fûcking around. Let’s get this shìt done !

Posting in language:

7 Replies
          • Needs to happen. Picked Nova Warp cause it was a sick super, loved it in PvE, so cause of no separation, my fun was neutered. Before anyone says "lul warlock main you used nova crutch non stop" Yeah, been a Warlock main since D1, for PvP I rather much used the angry sith lord subclass. Even during Forsaken when NW was supposedly "OP". It's a super, supers guess what? Kill.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • NO D3! Destiny is supposed to be an MMO. Would WoW 2 make sense? Well...they need to update their engine-no, shut up! Destiny 2 should not even be a thing, but now that Activision is split form Bungie they can go other directions. This player base lacks basic common sense. D2 needs updates.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
              • Yeah, I tend to agree. The space magic, being a badass, has been negatively impacted repeatedly in PVE as a result of “changes” made to try and balance the PVP sandbox. The best part of this game is the gun mechanics. Sad, that many guns aren’t even usable in PVE content because they are so weak in order to not break the Crucible. Just plain sad.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Edited by Odin: 2/13/2019 2:18:55 AM
                  I don't agree with Cozmo thread and think things need to change with the sandbox. We want things to feel the same across the entire board is what Bungie said in D1. What Cozmo said is similar and what actually happened in D1 Bungie's sandbox actions showed otherwise. Example... Truth was nerfed from 3 in the tube to 1 and the reload time was slowed way down making it almost pointless to even use in PvE especially knowing the mechanics D1 had in PvE with the sponges. This was due because of PvP. Icebreaker regen was hit a couple times that most didn't even want to use it in PvE anymore after the last nerf. Yes, it was ok the first time to increase the regen taking a little more time because of some of the PvE events, but PvP did it in with the second nerf and whatever else was nerfed on it that it collected dust in the vault. Invective regen, rang, how much ammo in the clip was nerfed effecting its performance in PvE that was put aside as well. In fact, shotguns if I'm correct, all of them were hit 12 times in just about every single aspect of them because of PvP gamers. So, saying Bungie wants weapons to feel the same across the board knowing PvE is a totally sperate game mode? Nerfing thing to the point of collecting dust sitting in the vault is not what I can call having weapons feel the same as PvP. IMO Bungie is going the wrong way about all this when it comes to the adjustments to PvP and PvE. So if they are going to keep the balance the same across the entire board? how about the sandbox learns to buff things to make them compete with one another vs nerfing things creating a rotation so the next thing shins?

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                  • Edited by KayOsS882: 2/13/2019 5:00:14 PM
                    I feel like they need to completely separate pvp from pve. To me this is the bottle neck. You can’t just cherry pick what needs to be separated and what shouldn’t.

Posting in language:

• Op: YOUR grammar is an epic fail.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Didnt they literally just give Telesto a pvp nerf and pve buff?

Posting in language:

• Hell with d3, do it now.

Posting in language:

• D3 will be a mobile gacha game, so all hope is lost!

Posting in language:

• I hate to say this , but it will never happen

Posting in language:

• Been saying it since 1.1.1 The two modes need to be separated

Posting in language:

• We're listening.                                    -Bungie

Posting in language:

• Do you not know that they already are? Lmao

Posting in language:

• Downvoted for "epic fail"

Posting in language:

• your*

Posting in language:

• You know it's already separated... Right?

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                      • This post is an epic fail, jesus you can't even spell correctly why would anyone take you seriously.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Actually it is separate. Waaaaaah at least know what you're talking about before whining like a teen.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          • Yep...-blam!-ing horseshit from bungie

Posting in language:

• Balanced war, oxymoron!

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon