JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
2/11/2019 1:33:33 PM

Bosses die too fast

In strikes, the boss phase, which used to be a long and challenging fight, is now rendered to 30 seconds of flailing around, firing everything at the boss until it dies. Dying is normally due to misadventures and not the fight itself. A small buff to heroic strike boss health would be appreciated.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• do pyramidion and break the boss' head before he goes behind the walls he makes. that's gonna be a long and challenging fight

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

12 Replies
    • So you want to fight bullet sponges? And hope you get appropriate ammo drops. Go doctor your Nightfall card and try and solo Strange Terrain. Get back to us when you've succeeded. Oh and uh, leave MY playing method alone please and thank you.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • It’s because we are higher light now. Do a nightfall and put the handy cap as high as possible.

Posting in language:

• "Long and challenging" Huh? In your opinion, a boss that suppress supers, stomp and toss you out the map, have the "immunity" bullshit, spawn lots of minions that happened to be carrying a torch hammer or a captain's boomer while theyre not minotaurs nor captains, have this "damage phase must not kill me yet", is not enough? Even if it has couple or many of the above skills, you also want bullet sponge boss encounters, cause that is what makes it "challenging"?? Halo franchise up to the 4th, Lost Planet 1 and 2, GoW up to the 3rd, Borderlands 1 and 2, they all got it right with boss encounters and how to make em [i]challenging[/i] by game mechanics and environmental elements, not some bullshit [i]immunity, damage me but wont kill ma yet tho[/i] or [i]shoot me a lot cause i can take all that iron pal[/i].

Posting in language:

• i agree, i personally run with my surrounded threat level and legend of acrius on well of radiance warlock so bosses die with ease

Posting in language:

• Strikes were never long and tedious. Nightfalls maybe but not strikes. Mix up loadouts

Posting in language:

• The same shit was said about the raids that it was to easy we need more raid mechanics blah blah blah! I haven’t done a single raid since Kings fall because Wrath of the machine had confusing mechanics. Then D2 raids came and more annoying mechanics F.U.C.K it

Posting in language:

19 Replies
        • Try killing them with shit weapons

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by TotalDramaGamer: 2/11/2019 6:14:21 PM
            [quote]which used to be a long and challenging fight[/quote] tbh... no, they weren't, and almost never were. In D1 a 'long a challenging fight' was Valus Ta'aruc eating 1000 Icebreaker shots whilst you camped underneath some stairs. Then, as soon as his health was nerfed, and Ghally was more common, everything just died. Then, way later on, the only other iteration of this was 'insanely damaging bosses' like Kovik with Void burn, with an unkillable ogre, and sniper shanks that unleashed neigh unaviodable death from above. Omnigul with Arc burn and brawler was pretty bad as well. Insta deaths all over the place. D2 had a version of this as well. That Fallen guy on Nessus, the one that drags the fight on without actually fighting at all..., there was a heroic version of that with old melee modifier where melee hits insta killed guardians. Again, more insta death, and that boss fight was neigh impossible without a raid like loadout and strat. -- In short, this is how it's always gone: Boss fights are almost always the shortest part of a strike, every time, no matter the era (except maybe the first few months). OR Boss fights are so grossly hard and unfair that they aren't a 'fight', but rather, a group hiding in a corner and hoping they can wittle their way around the obstacles... because they have no other choice. A middle ground for 'average strikes' or even heroic strikes is nearly impossible when set in a loot based game. They're designed to be challenging the first few times... but then shortly after they're a breeze. If you want something more, you'll have to resort to nightfalls. Most strikes are just not what you want, and really never have been. They've either been consistantly easy, or insanely difficult.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • Edited by piratepatchy243: 2/12/2019 9:05:49 PM
              Sure, as long as we don't get a RocketsMcDickFace. [spoiler]on that note where is Broken Record, this is perfect for him.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Anyone remember rocketsMcdickface

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Use all gear you get from Eververse, dont infuse it. Then go run a Strike or NF or EP or anything other than patrol.

Posting in language:

• A max character is 150 power levels above the max in the Strike playlist. Nightfall strike playlist is what is needed.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • No. Simple as that

Posting in language:

• Have you, sir, every heard of a raid?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • That is because of modifiers.

Posting in language:

• Just, no. Too many already have ridiculous invulnerability phases as it is. If I wanted mechanics-based gaming, I’d’ve bought a platformer.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • That's because people can stack buffs like empowering rifts, melting points/tractor cannon, and lunafaction rifts so the entire fireteam can unload ammo and get the boss over with. basically, the equation is sleeper/thunderlord/1k/anarchy + melting point + lunafaction rift + luna rift melee = boss health goes from maximum to 0 in seconds. Also, it's fun.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • You can always make it harder yourself. Why make it harder for everyone.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Bosses die too fast In strikes, the boss phase, which used to be a long and challenging fight, is now rendered to 30 seconds of flailing around, firing everything at the boss until it dies. Dying is normally due to misadventures and not the fight itself. A small buff to heroic strike boss health would be appreciated. [/quote] This is a consequence of the raised light score cap. If you're not happy with it, just equip some lower grade gear to drop your light score. Problem solved :D

Posting in language:

• 30 seconds?. That's kinda long

Posting in language:

• I came back after a few months break and I can't believe how easy the heroics are compared to at the end of the last season. I'm just farming strikes for rewards because they're so easy. People in my fireteam have been able to basically one shot bosses. If everyone running through is >500 power then heroics need to be scaling for that. Having said that, if Bungie read this can you hold off changing the difficulty until I I've farmed enough primes? I'll let you know when I'm done. Cheers.

Posting in language:

• Strike bosses should be dying fast like that. Raid bosses however.....

Posting in language:

• Agreed. Public events as well. They all feel like you're playing s tutorial.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Long? Yes. Challenging? LOLno.

Posting in language:

• Have you tried just using melee abilities? Maybe a sidearm? I’m pretty sure that will give you the challenge you are longing for.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon