JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by AngryBovine1419: 2/12/2019 5:33:59 PM

Competitive? Not even close Bungie...

I have finally given in and have started the quest for the OP HC in Comp, solo... at about 65% for the final blows portion. That’s a lot of rounds for me and I finally understand what folks are saying... IT BLOWS! Nothing competitive at all, it’s all luck, luck you get a decent team, luck you don’t match against a sweaty neck beard (SNB) 3 or 4 stack. Points up and down, win one lose one win one lose one, WTF? One game almost is competitive and the next is against SNB. Has Bungie even acknowledged this yard sale? I know it makes no difference what I say, but I will tell you this... if Anthem is any good, gone, I will these steamy pile of dung behind and be glad to finally do it. If you run in a SNB stack, your comment does not count, if you’re a solo doing this mess, please leave a thought. Before anyone looks up my KD and posts it, here it is... 1.26 overall. EDIT: I have received more responses than I thought I would and most are encouraging, which tells me I’m not the only one who feels or has felt this way. I was heated when I posted this, obviously and yes I was salty, appreciate the encouragement and even the salty responses. I will continue on with the advice and suggestions and make sure I do not have access to the forum when playing...lmao. Peace!!
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Welcome slave! lol You're sitting in the same boat I'm in right now. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one. Win two or three in a row? NOPE! ....go ahead and take 4 steps back. Match making is basically RNG... All I need is to reach fabled at this point. I'm sitting at Heroic iii, a little over 1600 (was over 1700, but we know what happened there). I can now only hope RNG turns in my favor this week.... I would suggest LFG, but I looked into that yesterday and most want $$$ to help you.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

14 Replies
    • Honestly I've been finding Comp to be less sweaty than quickplay lately. I don't know about you all, but I've historically used QP to just test out new builds, weapons, classes, etc. Not really caring about K/D or win/loss. Whereas Comp is the place I "buckle down" and use only my tried and true loadouts cuz I actually want to win. Lately though it seems like every other person in QP is a sweaty try-hard running around with Luna's and NFs trying to boost their overall K/D. In contrast Comp is easier than ever if you play smart and avoid overextending into 1v3 encounters... So while I feel for those of the community that are not frequent Crucible players and struggle with their K/Ds in certain questlines, I also think you can mitigate some of the dying you do by playing smart and sticking with teammates. Hell I'm a not very great crucible player myself (only 1.2 K/D in Comp) and I still managed to get TLW and am decently far along the Luna's quest. I just played smart, stuck with my team, and immediately regrouped at spawn any time I saw 2-3 of my teammates die right in front of me. Limiting your exposure such that you are only fighting in 1v1's and team shootouts can help your K/D immensely. There's no shame in fleeing an engagement if you are outnumbered.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        Sweaty neck beards? You mean better players that progress up the ladder?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I play Crucible as much as PvE and everything wrong with Crucible would be fixed if Bungie would: A) Nerf Titans and Warlocks abilities to so ever consistently one-shot people or give Hunters the same ability to do so by buffing their terrible melee options B) Buff Hunter's 3 shot Golden Gun to be more of an ult-shutdown because hey, only having 3 shots and not even being guaranteed a kill against a Titan or Warlock that doesn't have to aim or do anything but run towards you and press left click with their Super isn't -blam!- at all. Not to mention the Hunter has to pop their super, aim, and hit TWO FRIGGING SHOTS TO KILL A TITAN OR WARLOCK and by that point you're more than likely dead C) Nerf Shotguns and put more emphasis on aiming, good positioning and teamwork D) Nerf Titans overall to not be so tanky or aggressive.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
          • I'm on the Luna's grind too but I'm only at the 2nd step of the quest. I can only handle 3 or 4 matches at a time before I rage and have to stop playing. I HATE competitive! So many games end up in 2 v 4 and we have to suffer through it instead of it being called... STUPID STUPID STUPID! Why would anyone want to stay in a 2v4 ? How the f'k is this fair to us on the 2 side? NO GUN should be put behind a competitive [b]quest[/b] FULL STOP! If they want to put a gun behind competitive then it should be random RNG drop like 1k voices is in raid! Quests should be both challenging AND FUN! This shit makes me want to quit playing the game... so tired of these quests full of dread and misery! On the plus side... Anthem is out this month and I will likely be another VERY loyal Destiny player finally fed up and leaving.

Posting in language:

• Control needs to be removed. I do ok in all other modes in comp. The time it takes to capture a point is ridiculous. Small maps just means I big red flag saying they are over here team rush.

Posting in language:

• Destiny is not a competitive shooter. And it’s not going to b. You can have PvP but that doesn’t make it a competitive game. Having a comp playlist is just a joke if they are going to throw specific loot in there too.

Posting in language:

• I'm almost done getting LH. I mean if you're not gonna make an effort to put a team together that's on you. It does suck to run up against people who already have LH at a tier where you dont yet.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Edited by mja calg: 2/12/2019 4:30:41 AM
              They should not be allowed to call it Competitive when the network has no host servers (Peer to Peer is what "Hybrid" servers are) and he/she who lags most wins the match. The worse their connection is, the harder it is for you to kill them.

Posting in language:

• Good luck. I wont even bother with any Crucible pinnical weapons. Just not worth my frustration or time. Same applies to the raid exotics and any dreaming city cosmetics. Hell I am on Mythic in Gambit and can't even force myself for that third reset.

Posting in language:

• I got to 32% solar kills then gave up. None of my clan want to play comp most have stopped d2 until season 6. Getting killed by the very weapons you're trying to get then losing points too, that was the final straw. Unbalanced drivel

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • As someone who solos and currently at 1700ish I agree to a point that it is luck with the matchmaking but also come a lot to do with skill. Hear me out on this, people who go into comp solo most of the time think it’s a quick play game or just slay out. You need to know how to hold 2 zones without flipping spawns, know when to pop supers and not just panic super. Know how to use cover and just not open area run. Need to know how to stick with team mates and when to set charges at the right time. Yes I agree that comp matching is bs but your in there for a reason for 2 great guns of course it’s going to get sweaty. 30%match luck and 70% players knowledge of game mode and game. With everything there’s always luck involved. I felt just like you at 800ish points just keep playing you’ll get on streaks and lose some. Stop playing after you lose 2 in a row and take a break

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Yeah this season has been SHITE. Stacks running Luna , not forgotten and worse still one eye mask. That has been a curse on this season and disgusting that bungie has let this f-cked up exotic dominate crucible. Months it’s been left unchecked.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • I am on xbox and I must say I have had a lot of fun getting this quest done. I started with a .68 kill death ratio in comp and now I've raised it almost to 1.00 . I only need to get glory rank 2100 and I got it.... I'm on xbox if anyone would like to help me get to 2100 I'm at 1978 at the moment... good luck guardians!!!!

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                    • I've solo-queued for the whole Luna's Howl quest, currently 30% on HC precision kills in comp and sitting at about 900 glory. It's been a grind for sure, I think I've played more crucible this season than in all of year one combined. But I just got Redrix Broadsword a few days ago, so at least I've made some progress. Comp sucks though. Maybe I should get a team, then it would be easier

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • If you are solo queing and can't carry especially at the lower levels then you are done. You may progress extremely slowly but the season is almost over so you don't have the time to play the tortoise race...you aren't going to get anywhere anytime soon. Better find ya a team but this late in the season the people you are going to find at 900 glory are legit 900 glory players.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Edited by its-Skullshot: 2/11/2019 3:41:51 PM
                          If you can’t carry you’ve hit your rank Honestly this games pvp is so bad just go in the -blam!- around. Taking it seriously is a colossal waste of time. It isn’t worth trying to improve as its n anti competitive game currently with a weapon class all on its own far above the rest of the guns and people actually defend it. Just mess around with what’s fun to you, if you find you aren’t having fun overwatch is a fantastic pvp game with limitless skill ceiling.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                          • I don't want it, but run it with my friends so they're not completely solo, and it's just QP with loss penalties which really sucks. The match making is 90% determination of who wins. One game you romp, the next you get romped, it makes no sense to me. If you only lost 85% on a loss, but they kept the steak bonus I think it would make the losses when a teammate bails easier to take.

Posting in language:

• You have a better K/D than I do and I got my lunas solo and made it to 2600 this season 90% solo. It does suck though. The game is rigged I think. You win, next match, you win it till the end and then all of a sudden nobody takes damage like they where before. You lose. Lose the next one, then win, then win, then lose 3x then win then lose and repeat over and over and over. Eventually, if you are lucky, you'll win 5 in a row, you get a little boost and then you lose 7 in a row. I don't think it has anything to do with who you face and they are all so good, cause I beat plenty of 5500 glory stacked players. I do think the game is rigged to make it hard. I've hit plenty of sniper head shots for it to make the noise, the spark and zero damage. In D1, you could play trials and win 4 in a row all the time. Sometimes 5 or 6. In D2. You are lucky if you win 3 in a row. Other games are out this month. Good time to let destiny die for a few months to a year and come back and see if bungo does a better job. Forsaken they done an awesome job.. But the game is blah again.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • I solod last season for Howl. It was tough... Very tough. This season is even more tough. [spoiler]SNB had me dying that was great[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• I did it solo last season, my advice is find a team. It was different last season, not as many people had it. This season with more people having it I would suggest finding a team told your skill level that you can play with. You’ll find out more about yourself as a player if you play with a team. Find how you can improve on your gunskill, map knowledge and team play. The problem with solo queueing is no one is playing for the team, they are just trying to not get last place and still win. Get a team, grind it out, play through the losses and you can make it.

Posting in language:

ChickenO Crimsom
                              ChickenO Crimsom

The weak 1s gather to justify the strong - old

Lol, points for trying.

Posting in language:

• Agree 100% that is why I put up a post to change comp!

Posting in language:

• I just started as well. I’m at 85% on hand canon kills and it’s going to be a long road. Best of luck to you man!!!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • Why complain the game is working as intended> Bungie does not care about normal hard working people. They only Care about the Sweatie Cowards and you tube streamers

Posting in language:

• I resent the term SNB as someone incapable of growing a proper beard

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon