JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
2/11/2019 6:44:46 AM

Why is sparrow racing dead?

Why are so many game modes from the first game dead? why no sparrow racing? I understand Salvage sucked, but people liked Trials and SRL why can't we do that?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by Odin: 2/11/2019 8:20:12 PM
    Do not take this as me being a "hater" it's so annoying how people do when I'm just pointing out the facts and nothing more. It's because that is work and this company doesn't have the manpower to maintain this game. Think about this for a second... Trials were removed Factions were removed All the vendors have either not been updated, their inventory stripped, just used as bounty placeholders, ignored for 4 years like Amanda Holliday etc.. Way too many duplicates in every aspect of this entire game The RNG is more messed up then D1 The collection tab has items that 75% cannot be collected The loot pool is dry Things like EP have been left behind making them irrelevant The lack of replayable content. The lack of effort put into updates and the biggest issue this company has and has had for 4 years now. The lack of actual communication that doesn't benefit anyone at all. ...and many more things that have proven without a doubt that this company does not have the manpower to give this game the attention it actually needs. That's not including all the issues in this game that has not been fixed, or things like the sandbox literally taking over a year just to buff scout rifles knowing they nerfed them prior to the base game being released. Edit: They might add it later but who knows what later means to Bungie and when they will have the actual time to do it. D2 is not a small game in terms of content when you look at D1 vs D2 so you have to look at how much more work there actually is to deal with and what has taken place with Activision, other studios that might be leaving, and Bungie working on 3 projects that just might be themselves now. That's only if they don't have plans for having another company helping them. Again, who knows...

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

35 Replies
    • The better question is, Why is this game dead?

Posting in language:

• Because Pigeons can keep up the pace for longer.

Posting in language:

• IDK why they haven't brought it back but I want to race with my Vespulaser (the Warmind themed exotic sparrow) and use a sparrow horn again

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • And rift

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Why do we have triumphs for surpremacy when we can’t play it?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Why are factions dead?

Posting in language:

• They don't need to add anything else until they fix what's broken already.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Why are so many game modes from the first game dead? why no sparrow racing? I understand Salvage sucked, but people liked Trials and SRL why can't we do that?[/quote] Trials was clearly only for PVP players... the majority are PVE... so why bother as there's plenty of PVP activities for them and it's obvious sparrow racing really wasn't popular enough to keep going.

Posting in language:

• It was too powerful

Posting in language:

• Because Bungie liked shooting themselves in the foot. The tracks are there buy aren't in use for SRL....despite many people wanting it back

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Edited by Kanashimi510: 2/12/2019 9:23:47 PM
              A lot of the players that will tell you to "get good" when you have trouble in the crucible got their asses handed to them at sparrow racing. Massive amounts of salt and tears followed, and bungie caved and let sparrow racing die off. They will deny it, but this is exactly what happened.

Posting in language:

• Because of that damn fork lift.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Because a couple of the devs didn’t like the game mode cause they weren’t any good at it.

Posting in language:

• Bungie have already told players why. "Content is hard to make". Says it all really.

Posting in language:

• “Why are Destiny and Bungie dying?”

Posting in language:

• The whole Sparrow racing thing has been covered already a hundred times: streamers said they didn't want it back. People that watch streamers, youtubers and content creators blame yourselves.

Posting in language:

• Because they don't have a team to work on it or they just don't give a -blam!- about it. All I know is that they said they had know plans on ever bringing it back which is bs. If they can constantly bring back other old maps, game modes, weapons and other content, why not SRL?

Posting in language:

• The same reason there is not a max lvl strike playlist for the first time in the franchise. Bungie is in over its head and doing everything in its power just to keep from drowning.

Posting in language:

• The player base is what it is now. There are some big releases coming that are going to remove more players. Bringing back Factions or SRL is not going to bring people back, so what's the point now? My theory is they are going to release what's obligated, try to keep the people who still play somewhat engaged. With most effort going to D3. D3 is going to be their make or break as far as a stand alone company goes. They know nothing they do now is going to increase player count and sales. You will get what you paid for, but not much else. I do maybe seeing them trying a few things as a test to see if it would go well in D3. But other than that they have basically moved on.

Posting in language:

• Because Bungie can't get the basics right. As much as I loved SRL, this game has too many other problems that Bungie either can't....or won't....fix.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Everybody was fed up with the cheating that was going on in srl.there was alot of people who were helping their friends to boost to get first place.Instead of trying to learn it on their own they would ask hey help me boost.I loved srl it was awesome but the people who cheated ruined it for eveyone so you can thank them for that.

Posting in language:

• Most people didn't like SRL; pretty sure on one of the last D1 streams they said as much.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • It was never really a great addition to the game in my opinion. The only thing I miss is my horn.

Posting in language:

• SRL was ok but it wasn't really great. I'd much rather see bungie deditcate time into weapons and quest than a mode only liked by a group of the community

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Edited by RainbowCLaws22: 2/12/2019 8:24:55 PM
                      Alright, the game mode is STILL IN D1 . Go play it if you want! It’s been in private matches forgotten for like 2 years.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon