JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
2/11/2019 12:25:34 AM

we should NOT LOSE GLORY POINTS, when a person(s) drops out, leaving it 1v4 2v4 or 3v4

Just as how the game registers when you join a losing match, lose the match, and you do not lose valor points... It should register, when people back out during a competitive match, that the team who are in a 1v4 2v4 or 3v4 disadvantage, will not lose glory points. In theory, will bring back others who do not play competitive anymore and it will become a better experience.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• If you didn’t lose points, people could cheese the system and leave games when their team is ab to lose, just so everyone else didn’t lose points. This would made carries and recovs way easier and more abundant.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Shouldn't lose points at all. Period. .

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • I still remember one game I was alone because my whole team left. The enemy team saw I was just sitting there and gave up. Their response? Gravitons up my bum and teabagging me. If I see a 4v1 in my scenario I'll leave the guy alone. Try to be friends. Like seriously the guy is already out numbered don't be a jerk.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • Instead of not losing ant half it

Posting in language:

• Yes you should. If I leave it’s because I get killed by LH or NF. This is to stop otherws from getting that OP weapon weapon.

Posting in language:

• Lol these posts still going strong I love it 😂 How stupid would competitive be if you didn’t lose points , it would be another boring grind. Use lfg to find people to play it with or deal with crappy randoms 🤷‍♂️😁

Posting in language:

• Alright. Hey Joe, quit the match so we don't lose points.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
        • Take out losing penalties altogether. Boom! Problem solved.

Posting in language:

• You shouldn't lose glory points at all.

Posting in language:

16 Replies
          • I have you an up vote purely for the title of the thread lol. I agree...

Posting in language:

• So if I'm getting stomped throughout the match and then decide to leave last minute, my team doesn't lose any glory points? Yeah sounds pretty fair to me. All I have to do is back out on any losing matches and we're all good. Not an exploitable system at all

Posting in language:

• Sorry it's just an unavoidable reality to lose points when someone leaves as it would be exploitable otherwise. You could maybe limit it to the first 30 seconds of a match but even then you might just have a scapegoat on your team to back out when you see a stacked team that scares you and you dont want to lose points to them.

Posting in language:

• Comp in general needs to be rethought. The points system encourages stacks, which in turn makes stacks nearly mandatory after a certain point. Leaving the match you are losing basically just gets you into the next match sooner. Individual performance is completely irrelevant, so long as your team wins. No insulation from points loss once you hit a milestone or rank. No cap on points loss for a time period. More loss than win at high levels in points. Overall, the only reason anyone is there is for 2 weapons, period. This needs to be looked at long and hard, and the system needs to be redone as a whole, including the path to the pinnacle weapons. Having the fastest killing legendary primary in the game locked behind a wall of other people that already have it isn't doing anyone any favors or enhancing the game. On the whole, there needs to be more motivation than a single gun grind to get people to play it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • you should also not lose as much glory points for every time you lose

Posting in language:

• As I'm reading replies there seems to be a loop hole (kind of)... To avoid, people creating alt accounts or being in a 4 stack team to just back out (cheating) in order to proc the "no glory points loss". To add to my "suggestion" equation, rule a "NO CONTEST" once the match becomes at a disadvantage. Match ends immediately. The "NO CONTEST" will probably happen a lot but eventually, it will stop people from backing out on purpose.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • It’s not worth bungies time to create code that performs as you request. Just keep playing and if you’re good you will get through eventually. I know I’m not good at all so I just don’t try! Why embrace a headache?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • You still play comp my prayers are with you.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I agree totally but then you should not gain anything if you win!! Just even! That’s where the problem is... just my thought.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • You know what would happen if you didn’t lose points. Near the end the player will drop out purposefully to not lose points

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • Its easier to win survival with less teammates. Clash too.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • I will go a step farther and say you shouldn't lose glory rank if a teammate has a .33 KD or lower in a game.

Posting in language:

• the flip side of this would be that 3 stacks would abuse this and kick out or have a player leave if they are loosing.. save the streaks. There really is no way to combat this aside from penalties for those leaving the match. Hefty penalties. which wil just mean more afk players etc. in a faceless world where naming and shaming is not permitted, where fair play is not monitored by the developers, there just is no way to ensure players are competing and performing the objectives.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                            moustache_punch
                            moustache_punch

Hungarian Ass - 4/18/2019 9:07:30 AM

Just the other days,dropped in with 3v4 countdown,after 1-3 another player left from my team,I said -blam!- it with the punishment and I left as well. I,m not gonna be someone’s punching bag just because the system doesn’t give me the equal chances. Bungie employees are a bunch of basements wankers.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Agreed And also do something about 4 randoms vs a 4 man fireteam

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • Okay, so I'll jump on my alternate account so whenever we're about to lose I'll quit out and you won't lose any Glory points!!!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • Edited by rtopz: 2/12/2019 3:50:27 PM
                                  Ugh, love people's comments about exploiting, as if it's so difficult to get it right... -if you quit on purpose, you should be hit hard with loss in points...full 100%+ of win points -if you're in a fireteam and one of your buddies quits, you lose 75% of winpoints (or high % up to 95). The others that stayed lose 50% of points cause your buddy left -if you're solo, you lose 50% of normal win points if someone on your team quit Edit: Some other rules should be around people going afk...if everyone on that fireteam (solos) reports that person for afk

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon