JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by MathWeis: 2/10/2019 9:13:25 PM

Hey Bungie! Time to do something!

Helluu people. You'd think this will be a typical example of a triggered player that has some constructive feedback to Bungie after some bad experiences. [b]AND YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT[/b]! Just a little milder. I found Gambit to be one of the modes that fits me perfectly. I love PvE and partly PvP, thus Gambit is the combination I've always needed. Lately I've been giving myself a go at the Dredgen title 'cause it looks fancy and is an aspect of D2 that I truly enjoy. So far I've gotten all triumphs as well as all items but one (you guessed it, it is the shell 8) ). You have to reset your Infamy rank three times in order to claim this shell, and I've already resetted it once while being halfway through my second reset. I'd say I'm getting experienced in this mode, played at least 100+ games or so. One thing I encountered was fireteams of 4 that would play Gambit matches together. Nothing wrong in that, I honestly support it and I've done it myself (recommend it). But I can't always play in 4-stacks, therefore I've played solo or in 2-stacks a lot of times as well, but mostly solo. Meeting a 4-stack of players that co-operate well while you're on a team with 3 randoms is mind-wrecking. It's easy to call them tryhards, but they are extremely clever and kudos to them for taking it seriously. Like, they're winning so it must be working. What I would love though, and what I am sure a lot of other players that play solo also would love, is that matchmaking is given a rehaul. An example is Overwatch. If you play a 6-stack, you're more likely to face a 6-stack, making it fair on grounds of communication. Implementing a system like that in D2's Gambit would definitely be of help and would cause less frustration to your players. Just a suggestion and I am really curious to hear what you have to say about this small idea. Sincerely Math :)

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by thermal contact: 2/11/2019 12:26:19 AM
    My problem with this, for both Gambit and Crucible, is that the "solo players can't communicate/coordinate" excuse is just wrong. You can. It's this thing called team chat. People just choose not to. There is a huge difference between "can't" and "won't". One is Bungie's problem, one is yours. Another problem I have with this issue is solely based on my own experience. Yes "stacks" can be hard to beat. But I've come across some that we, a team of randos, managed to not just beat, but dominate. So while it seems like a "big, game breaking problem", it's really not. I would say, again in my own experience, it's more like 50/50 win/lose, give or take.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

7 Replies
    • do you think bungie would ban someone just for trashing the game on the forums? has this ever happened?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • The truth is, matchmaking will never be super until we have a great player base. But, I do not believe we will get a great player base until we have super matchmaking.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • Edited by blade329: 2/11/2019 6:01:05 PM
          [quote]An example is Overwatch. If you play a 6-stack, you're more likely to face a 6-stack, making it fair on grounds of communication.[/quote] That's why I call Overwatch the game of waiting, with a little PvP in between. I spend more time waiting in lobbies and hanging around than actually playing the damn game. That's why I don't play it anymore

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • They are too busy fixing transmat effects no one knew existed and worrying about bounties. And nerfing all kinds of guns and gear. Funny thing about the nerf is I recall them saying they will be bringing weapons and gear up and not nerfing. All you fan boys who are you going to blame when the same moronic things keep going on long after Activision is out of the picture?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            • Same thing I've said in redux, Gambit exacerbates the teamwork gap even more than much of PvP. The impeccable send two ogres and then invade timing. The two second primeval melt. Meanwhile in randomville you have "gung ho Gary" camping the portal, grabbing all the heavy, and just waiting to go get picked off because the other team has the spawn in points covered, maybe he'll help with a blocker when they pop up. But probably not. Then there's "must have 15 motes Maury" dying before he gets to bank them pretty much every single time. And "I guess he's answering the door Dave "who just stops playing for half the match. Playing in a 4 man fireteam is almost a guaranteed win unless you get put up against another 3 or 4 man team.

Posting in language:

• Whats up? So ive faced stacks that sucked and ones that rocked, for that reason (as a mostly solo player) id uually argue against that, as it limits games and makes load times longer BUT, having a way to make it more likely to match people as yoy suggested, would be cool, as long as the system didnt due so too aggressively to where a four stack is waiting forvere to play a game.

Posting in language:

Mk300mk
              Mk300mk

Peter Popoff needs your money to help u - old

I hate gambit because it has a power advantage which really put you in a disadvantage when choosing higher light weapons over good weapons.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Gambit definitely needs a solo mode. If it had a solo mode I would probably run it a lot, but as it is, I want NO part of it. It’s usually the LAST milestone I force myself to do each week.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • And don't forget to force people into voice chat! Make voice chat always on in gambit/pvp!

Posting in language:

• Trash game mode developed by a trash game developer ....... gambit is the same as the crucible it’s nothing but cancer and should never of been introduced. The community asked for a separation between pvp & pve not for bungie to come up with a game mode that does the complete opposite

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • The only problem with Gambit are the idiots running around with 12 motes looking for 15, who more times than not die, while the Drifter is yelling to bank your motes to pull a Primeval.

Posting in language:

• How bout when the drifter says bank motes for a prime evil all enemies leave the field forcing that one person who has two motes trying to go and kill everyone so he can deposit 15 motes even though we have 73 motes in the bank and are just waiting for his last 2 motes. And while we are all waiting the other team caught up and melted their prime evil. -blam!- people deposit your God damn -blam!-ing motes not that important that you can't deposit your motes for our prime evil. And on top of that kill the -blam!-ing wizard first this past weekend I have been paired with a bunch of idiots that still haven't figured out how to play gambit yet.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                    • Destiny 2 needs a complete overhaul.

Posting in language:

• Check out the player numbers and you'll understand why full stacks cant be matched against other full stacks. Or why fair matchmaking cant be implemented in any serious manner. FYI: its only about 250k daily players across all platforms.

Posting in language:

21 Replies
                      • I play random and this happens to me a lot. When I see that the other team is really a team that we can't beat, or that Bungie simply isn't going to let me do well against this particular team, then I take a minute, review my bounties, and just work on them. Winning is no longer a goal. Completing bounties becomes the goal.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Frèák: 2/11/2019 3:13:56 PM
                        I like both pve and pvp but I find gambit to be an absolute bore fest... I might have to find something else to play in season of the drifter.

Posting in language:

• Agree - but the problem is the low playerbase population. To do what you ask you need lots and lots of folks playing all the time, not just solo but in teams. Bungie tries to keep matchmaking as fast as possible so you don't spend much time at the "matching" screen. As the playerbase continues to shrink, the matchmaking times lengthen and the ability to match like-sized teams diminishes as well. So, Bungie lets any team match against any other team no matter the composition. Finally, what is the point of winning Gambit? You get rewards win or lose. The only thing it slows is infamy progression.

Posting in language:

• I about 95% solo'd my way to Dredgen last season and the only thing it realy gets you is a de stain for playing gambit

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Agree 100% 👍

Posting in language:

• We should play together I love gambit I got 65% round win after playing in 4 stacks and a 68 percent game win now aswell we should play I can always find people

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          • I started playing a little gambit recently and my strategy as a solo is to hang back. I only grab the left over triangles. I only charge when there is a high value target. Also I'll have my hammerhead ready for invaders. I try not to care about wining or losing since I only am doing it for the powerful engrams.

Posting in language:

• They arent going to do anything because of the low player count but do they understand why there is a low player count in the first place?... Well people are going to avoid or give up on a mode when it has bs like solos vs fireteams. Solos vs fireteams should never even be a thing. So dont change anything and you can't change anything since a low player count will remain. Change something to cater to more players then maybe the player count wouldnt be so low.

Posting in language:

• For the amount of time that Gambits been out it’s staggering how bad so many people are at it

Posting in language:

Destiny needs overwatches matchmaking *everywhere* in the game.

Posting in language:

• Just learn how to carry in the PvE aspect along with the PvP aspect and you'll be just fine.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon