JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by FL00FING AB0UT: 2/10/2019 9:06:43 PM

Luna/NF is 100% a Crutch Weapon

I’ll fight you on this. It literally always come out when people are getting their asses handed to them. Then they miraculously pull a victory out of their ass and wave their banner thinking they’re the greatest shit in the universe. You all know it’s true too. You’ve either experienced it or done it. Inb4 it’s not the gun it’s the player. You vs You in Crucible. One has Luna, one has Trust. Who wins? All you need. I don’t even care that it exists, just call it like it is, guys. It’s your crutch you use to help your injured ego when you’re getting beat.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I love how everyone keeps saying its OP. I went on a 15 win streak to get mine and in 11 of those games I faced stacked teams with Lunas. My loadout was Silicon Neuroma and Trust, occasionally swapping off to use AoS with Wishbringer when absolutely necessary. Learn how to counter Luna's Howl people. I was complaining about it the first few times I ran into it until I noticed how fast it's damage dropped off. Started abusing that and the gun isn't an issue when I have that option at my disposal. When its not I relocate and force the enemy into a favorable situation. LEARN HOW TO COUNTER

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I don't care if they earned it, Op guns are Op and need to be nerfed. They can still be rare and good without being Op.

Posting in language:

• I say Pinnacle weapons should only be allowed in comp. Easy fix.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Nobody wins because I have a trust with explosive payload and will flinch the Luna me so much it'll be a draw also this is because of all the -blam!-ing paid carries something that should be solved fast

Posting in language:

• False

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • 1v1 me same loadout same class and then tell me Luna is a crutch to win. Luna is a weapon that only the best players can get. Not forgotten is a weapon that godlike players and teams that work extremely well together can get. I’ve put in the time to get Luna on two of my accounts AND THEN I jumped on an my girls account that didn’t have Luna’s to help a friend get Luna. You can easily counter Luna with range. Instead of complaining about people using a weapon that you can’t get, do what I did. Watch YouTube videos from streamers who give pvp advice. Work to improvile yourself in crucible. Then find a team that works well together and grind for your Luna like everyone else who has it did (not counting to scrubs that paid for someone to carry them)

Posting in language:

10 Replies
        • If you've played enough PVP to get the LH and NF, you've earned it, because you're good or got good. If you pitted a person who earned LH,NF against a person who hasn't, and they both had the same weapons, the person with the achievement would win, because they have more practice and are better because of it. If you don't have it, which I don't but I'm trying, you're not as good as them or don't want to be, I guess. The only crutch here is the one you're clinging to because you haven't tried, or aren't good enough to get it.

Posting in language:

• 'Member last year when everyone was crying about graviton lance?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Everythings a crutch

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Lol I have Luna’s and rarely use it in pvp but I still body with blast furnace. It’s not the gun maybe you’re just not as good of a pvp player as you thought

Posting in language:

• Ya a god like your self stay below 2100

Posting in language:

• Oh and trash Luna's players get outshot easily

Posting in language:

• While some of this statement is true, some is a bit biased. Also who would use a trust vs NF/Luna's? Trust is not even viable at all. Most would use Ace or Waking vigil if they did not have NF.

Posting in language:

• You are so right both guns have the highest aim assist/noob assist in the game

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Edited by Lyanna Mormont: 2/11/2019 11:38:43 PM
                You do realize that what you are saying is completely true if you are standing in a vacuum and dueling a Luna/Not forgotten user in a straight line trading blow for blow. Why would any decent player do that . You know how many normal players can make Luna users look silly just by beating them to the punch or being evasive. If you want to stand in front of a shotgunner every time he runs directly at you , go ahead . It will give you something else to complain about . It’s not a crutch , it a tool. You know what is a crutch to a Luna /not forgotten player. His opponents inability to get out of his target zone . The crutch isn’t the weapon , the weak player is and a decent player will benefit from it all day long.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                • Edited by HotdogJones: 2/11/2019 3:45:25 PM
                  Let me ask you a question. In competitive sports, do people praise the player or the equipment? the driver or the car? the shooter or the weapon? the swimmer or his suit and goggles? the rider or their skis?

Posting in language:

33 Replies
                  • I love how you start a match and the guy you're beating down suddenly whips out Luna. Which he proceeds to punk everyone with. Is he good? No. He leans on the weapon to save face and KD. Yeesh.

Posting in language:

• Unfortunately they are just easier to kill with. 140/150 rate of fire hand cannons are the skill gap however why use that when 180’s kill quicker. I agree with you though. I would love to see the extinction of all 180’s tbh.

Posting in language:

• They are space aids

Posting in language:

• .57 ttk. 2 headshots and 1 body to kill. Ok use your argument only good players get it and go into the crucible using all blues. I gaurentee you pull it out as soon as you hit a team using it. It isn't a crutch but it is a pinnacle gun that outcompetes all other weopons right now. Just admit it...

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • It is a cancer and needs to go. Just make pinnacle weapons like they were in D1 trials. The lighthouse flawless weapons looked better with a small perk like snapshot. Nothing game breaking.

Posting in language:

• Love shredding crybabies with my NF.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                      • This is a fact, the weapons truly are a losers last resort

Posting in language:

• Edited by FataLVisioN_Oo: 2/11/2019 6:26:58 PM
                        ... it is you lol. Ran into 3 fireteams the past 2 days that all switched to not forgotten/dusk rock/wardcliff and still got bodied for the L while we were running dumb crap. You know what's great against luna/nf? Bygones/blast furnace/a bow/ace/vanguard sidearm/last word/black scorpion/last wish raid auto etc. I've even used sweet business against people that have luna to troll them. Fusion's are also a great counter or you could just flat out ape them with a shotty. Point is.... you have a ton of options that will compete with either weapon. High cal/explosive rounds flinch out nf pretty easily.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                        • Get it yourself,try it and then complain. Its good but doesnt turn a shit player in to a god. Signed,A shit player.

Posting in language:

• I dunno man, it may be an extremely good gun, but just because you have it don't mean it's an insta win button. For every good Luna user I fight there is always 10+ more who couldn't land three Crits even if I was frozen, standing 3 inches away from their face. Even "good" Luna users will tell you that it isn't a end all be all gun. In an ideal 1v1 scenerio, if you are fast you win melt face. Luna has a very very harsh range drop that not even Magnificent Howl can save. If people actually took the time to realize that, it isn't as impossible to beat as they say it is. Use Luna's natural enemy and in my opinion an even more annoying ass gun since everyone and their grandma has one, Bygones.. Heck, I was melting Luna's ass with SUROS yesterday.. damn that gun is Straight Fire... 😆

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon