JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

1/29/2019 1:59:22 PM

Crucible Sandbox Suggestions

I would like to voice My opinion on the current sandbox in the crucible. I would like to give a few suggestions that may help the Competitive Game-Mode too. I have been a sherpa in Trials of Osiris, Trials of the nine and now try and help players in the comp playlist. 1.Matchmaking - Revert back to old MM as this may impact lower rankings going up against High ranked players but they will never get to Legend now due to matchmaking times and when you eventually get a game you will only come up against Tournament level players on account recoveries. In a ideal world where destiny had a huge competitive player base this would work well. unfortunately there is not at this moment and time, so to help the community get their desired weapon (Not Forgotten) /Title which others have gotten with ease in previous seasons I would recommend changing it back. I waited 25 minutes in matchmaking yesterday with a 4 man team. My friend playing solo Legend received free wins constantly or put in against a duo. There are tournament level players gaining 500+ glory points playing one game of comp. I don't know how this is even acceptable at this point when players from 3500+ points struggle all the way to legend against four stack teams whilst these "top tier" players are getting a number of free wins. It's really broken and please have a look at it.... or tweak the current MM system. 2.Heavy economy - Heavy dictates the flow of most game-modes Control, Clash, Survival. In a control game it should drop at The middle of a game once. Clash once in the middle and survival once in the third round. Heavy ammo destroys any sort of competitive experience in this game-mode. your Kinetic and energy slot weapons should be used the most in comp thats where the skill gap is and it seems people main wardcliff at the moment with the current heavy ammo spawn times. I think the mechanic where both teams can wave at the beginning of a game it will make the Heavy disappear, Like trials of Osiris in original Destiny. 3. Weapons /Armor - I would love to see a banned list of over powered exotic weapons and armor in the playlist. I believe there needs to be a balanced playing field for both sides here and using one eyed mask, shards of galanor etc. restriction to only movement exortics would be a good idea. in my opinion it just does not fit the game mode. Telesto , wavesplitter are being nerfed as of today but weapons like this or similar should be banned from a competitive playlist. Applying the rule sets established by tournament organizers such as Getrekt or Destiny2EDsports would create a more competitive and enjoyable atmosphere in the playlist.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Agreed, especially points 2, 4, and 6. Competitive now is mostly centered on spamming heavy 24/7, getting supers and spamming them to get more heavy in a continuous cycle until the match ends. Also, purposely suiciding without being punished in certain gamemodes needs to be addressed. I can't believe there's actually people who defend suiciding as a strategy. It's a cheap way of denying points for the enemy team when things aren't going your way.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by ill skillz: 1/29/2019 3:44:31 PM
    *Bad ranking system in general. Players aren’t rewarded for beating teams of higher a skill. Beating a 5500 tier player with not forgotten is the same as beating a scrub. The reward and win amounts should be adjusted according the ELO/progress. If you sweat and beat and stacked and higher ELO rated team. You get higher rewards for a win. Simple. *To much heavy. *Badly matched teams. *Quitting (yesterday I lost 4 matches) having randoms quit in the opening stages. *Players lagging out or having a teammate quit on the opening stages should cushion the points lost for team mates. Not by a lot (as it could be abused) but if people legit lag out, it’s unfair on the loyal remaining players. *Tie all progress into the bounty. Then the progress doesn’t reset each season. It’s nice to say “get good” blah blah - but people have wives, work, kids ect. It’s a game after all not a second job. *Stop giving game changing crucible weapons only to top tier players. It’s like giving Ursain Bolt steroids and performance enhancing drugs. Already gifted players don’t need that level of an advantage .

Posting in language:

• [quote]Heavy ammo destroys any sort of competitive experience in this game-mode.[/quote] I don't agree with this. I remember players in D1 complaining that abilities were the main problem in competition. Bungie neutered space magic in D2. Now players are complaining that heavy ammo is the main problem. Bungie would be crazy to neuter it, imho. If they did, then players would complain that special weapons are the main problem. On and on and on. My opinion is that the perpetually complaining over competitive PvP players are the main problem in D2 competition.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • 4. Supers - Supers are fun, Supers are great but supers are over powered in Destiny 2 pvp. Every single one of them. I believe every super no matter what should be a shotgun melee to kill or 1 shot to the head with a High impact sniper. There was always a counter play in Destiny whether getting rushed by a super or being the last guardian standing and need to clutch it up. 1 v 1 against a spectral in Destiny 2 is a very one sided thing.I think reducing armor on all supers across the board will really work well. There is no counter play. we need the ability to clutch this increases the skill ceiling and makes the game play more exciting and enjoyable for the players or audience. SUPER MODS SHOULD NOT STACK AND SHOULD NOT WORK IN PVP. Thanks. 5. Weapon reliability- This is more of a General sandbox suggestion but weapons are not reliable or the perks to the armor pieces that are meant to complement them. Flinching is really bad in Destiny 2 right now. We see it more in snipers but across the board it destroys consistency in all players gameplay. Maybe reduce the flinch globally and it may shift the meta to a more balanced sandbox to players that simply just don't want to run the generic Comp loadout of Luna/NF + Shotgun + Wardcliff but are forced to, to be effective in Higher ranked Comp. 6. Intentional Deaths - In comp im sure everyone has got this at some stage or the other in their comp career, players jump off the map in a game of clash so that the opposing team won't receive a point. Mostly happens when rushing the enemy team with a roaming super. People have suggested -1 to the players who jumps off. I think this is a good idea but what about non-intentional which happens too. I think maybe if the dev's could work on a mechanic where a super is active and an enemy of a opposing team fall/jumps off the map it will -1 point off the scoreboard.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon