JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

1/25/2019 8:50:40 PM
[quote]Of course it's down to 617k players[/quote] Today, DTR says that yesterday, fewer than 600K played PvP. That by itself wouldn't worry me, if not for the fact that I see/feel no sense of urgency in Bungie right now. The game is quickly losing players and falling back to year-one numbers, yet Bungie seems totally unconcerned, which is odd, since during year one, there weren't two major games being released to directly compete with D2. If Anthem and Division 2 are both excellent, this game could see record-low player numbers, across the whole franchise history.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I don't think Activition were the only ones to abandon D2, other than adding the remaining season pass content I think Bungies written it off too. Ignoring D2 and concentrating on future projects makes sense.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• What sucks is I had to pay for the future content already. If I had known black armory was gonna be so boring...

Posting in language:

• I didn't expect anything but asset flip and busy work with assets drip fed they already had finished (guns n gear). Forsakens lootpool was pretty sparse and season pass is probably why. I skipped the pass, just didn't see it being worthwhile for me, don't see that changing with whats shown so far.

Posting in language:

• Honestly I like the BA content, it’s just the rollout that’s baffling. They managed to piss off nearly everyone by constantly trying to reinvent the wheel. But I enjoy the forges, and personally I don’t care about a story mode or campaign, so I’m cool with the chance to farm for god rolls of guns that are great in PvP. I like horde modes, tho these could be more extensive. But overall, for $10, I don’t feel cheated or anything. But things like cores for infusion are baffling. Everyone hates it, it’s so obviously a poor design decision, and they absolutely won’t budge on it because of ... pride? A need to be right? So much of the PvE side of the game seems tied to rng and relentless grinding. I never thought I’d say this, but the year one model was better. At least then I could use everything that looked cool (because drop rates were higher and I’d actually get stuff) and I could run all three characters without having to play 40 hours a week.

Posting in language:

• I guess I'm just hoping for better alignment of all aspects of the game. Seems focused on PvP to compete with the battle royale trend. But the lore is a master class in world building, but the way we follow the story in text makes me feel like a bystander rather than a guardian. That's the main reason I don't play much any more.

Posting in language:

• See, the irony is that, to me, it seems hyper focused on PvE to compete with anthem. PvP sandbox updates are every five months (unlike every month or even week, like some shooters), and they refuse to balance PvE and PvP separately. Most of the PvP maps are lower quality, comp is still a mess, and trials has been mia for nearly a year now.

Posting in language:

• Ha, that is funny, but it seems to get any of these epic weapons it's crucible or gambit grind. Strikes are a snooze after doing them 30 times... I guess I have a hard time finding incentive for PvE

Posting in language:

• Idk from what im seeing with the anthem demo I doubt they will be to much of a threat and really division 2 is just a copy and paste with a few new shiny parts but at least they listen to thier players unloke bungie

Posting in language:

• Yeah I mean, as a mostly PvP player, I'm not super excited about Anthem, I just know that a lot of people are. I never played the first Division game, so I'll wait and see before committing to anything. Really, at this point, I'm waiting on Titanfall 3 as the next PvP-focused shooter that I get excited about (assuming EA doesn't force Respawn to ruin it).

Posting in language:

• Ive died out of PvP games. It just gets old when its the same meta over and over

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon