JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

1/25/2019 4:09:07 PM
Yeah the core thing is starting to rub me the wrong way. The cost to masterwork a weapon and knowing that the power level cap is going to get increased again is becoming draining. I play a lot of destiny and i only have like 15 odd cores on me - and i lose most of them when i get a god roll weapon and want to masterwork it. Its just tedious and offers no benefit and makes the next thing i'm going to talk about more difficult... [b]The problem about the power level cap[/b] There's no benefit what-so-ever to increasing this. Whether you're doing Blind Well or in starter zone Trostland, you do and take the same proportion of damage. The PVE only lets you become more effective up to 50 power levels past the enemy. I'm not getting stronger. I can't go into Whisper of The Worm and easily do the heroic solo, because my damage is capped no matter how much stronger i get. This makes older content that felt inaccessible to casuals still remain inaccessible. You can't casually get a trio of people to steam-roll the Leviathan raid because your damage is capped (and another of other things too). So it just makes the power leveling a gate and pointless. [b]Back to masterwork cores[/b] im not looking forward to putting my enhanced rolled gear, master-worked weapons, 650 exotics into my vault again just to be dressed down in tangled web bum gear, a misfit with grave-robber paired with an either doctor and a sword as my highest level loadout just to participate in new content. i get double-nerfed every power cap increase and my cooldowns are dogshit again. It wouldn't be bad if there was new armor new perks new weapons to get WHILE leveling. [b] Comp and PVP is at its worst[/b] this week has to be the worst. I've never seen so many 6 stacks in QP with the same loadouts. Its like they're trying to sqeeze every last bit out of the meta they can to the very last minute. This is because the game population has dropped so much that the majority who's left enjoy the game for stomps and not for variety. Going for Luna's is like investing in the housing market. You pick the wrong time and wrong season and you're left under water on progression. Since the population has dropped and all that's left is the dedicated folks, most people are like "hey, nothing else significant to do - lets go work on Lunas or get back to NF grind." Its so common to get re-matched against the same players now. I tell my friend to count to 10-Mississippi before he hits the start button so we don't have to play the same people over again (even if we won) . [b]I hope season of the drifter is better[/b] You know the best time to start Black Armory? Now, because you don't have to wait around for everything to unlock. I'm afraid this season pass is going to thin out the game population. Say what you want about story missions, but at least they help kick off a DLC. They make releases feel more tangible. I think to the casual audience that waffles between this game and others, it just looks like thin content that doesn't flesh the game out (from an outside perspective). I absolutely love Destiny and I love complaining about Destiny.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Being over light level in d1 conferred a 0.7% scaling bonus. Why doesn’t D2 provide this past 20-40 light or whatever it was?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Odin: 1/26/2019 3:21:51 PM
    [quote]The problem about the power level cap There's no benefit what-so-ever to increasing this. Whether you're doing Blind Well or in starter zone Trostland, you do and take the same proportion of damage. The PVE only lets you become more effective up to 50 power levels past the enemy. I'm not getting stronger. I can't go into Whisper of The Worm and easily do the heroic solo, because my damage is capped no matter how much stronger i get. This makes older content that felt inaccessible to casuals still remain inaccessible. You can't casually get a trio of people to steam-roll the Leviathan raid because your damage is capped (and another of other things too). So it just makes the power leveling a gate and pointless.[/quote] There is 2 other issue that stands and the first one is the opposite of the power level that was the same issue in D1. Reaching max level also caused certain content to become (way too easy) even though the power level is capped. Gamers like running strikes as I did In D1. I could spend a couple hours playing them because there were things like dead ghost to look for, strike specific loot, they were more challenging, Loot actually dropped in the event like exotics that I did not have to be bothered by getting an exotic only to come to find out it's my 100th exotic sparrow that just so happens to be (the exact same freaking sparrow,) all around they were a lot more fun. IMO the way D1 strikes were designed were better. D2 has too many short maps, meaning you can speed run them in a shorter time than D1. Not only that? you can kill most of the bosses you see on the first encounter in 2 to 3 seconds and game over just to get glimmer, vanguard marks, and a s*** load of blues no one needs, The second one is when it comes to reaching the new max level is knowing the power level is capped and you're going to have to (redo everything) but masterwork that you have done up to this point to get All your gear and weapons to max out that you want to keep. As it stands of right now? a lot of gamers don't even wont to max out all 3 characters. This means things like the boring grind to max out for BL just to open one of them forge events will take place. I can Not see myself going through all that crap again just to have bragging rights saying... [spoiler]Look guys! I reached max level! Yeaaaaaaah!!!, knowing no one in even knows I exist when I'm at the tower. In D1 there was always someone looking at the new gear or whatever you got, in D2 the tower is literally dead.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• I agree with OP, I recently bought FFX/X-2, boy is the grind and story rewarding. I also bought Ace Combat 7 which came with AC 5. I didnt even bother with Iron Banner. The loot is lackluster, the weapons are ho-hum and the armor is basically the same as last season. Why bother grinding for them. In D1, the Armor was fantastic. I ran around with my Hunter looking like Robin Hood and my Titan and Warlock looked like Knights. The weapons were astheticly pleasing and they were great to use. Clever Dragon Pulse rifle was broken and the Scout and Auto rifle was fun to use. The weapons in D2 Iron Banner arent any of these things. The SMG is useless as are all SMGs right now and I dont care enough to remember the other weapon that could drop in this banner to remember it. The matches are sooo one sided, its a blow out no matter what side ur on. The bounties must a pain for those under powered to complete, feel sry for those players trying to catch up to the overpowered playing in Iron Banner. The one bounty I dont bother with is the one that requires you to make 50 orbs. I gave it good try, after my 15 matched I had 10 orbs made. How? At this point dont care, didnt pick it up last season wont touch it any other season either. Not going to play 100 IB matches to complete it, thats ridiculous. Bungie needs to find a way to fix this as it was a fun event in D1, but in D2 its not worth my time. From what I see from the playerbase numbers nobody was bothering with it either. The Crucible numbers have dropped by 300k a day to 500k, after sticking at 800k everyday after Forsaken dropped.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon