JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by kellygreen2: 1/25/2019 12:15:13 PM
At the end of the day, Sols, you can't save people from themselves. Especially if they don't believe they need saving. It took the sandbox team nearly destroying this franchise with vanilla Destiny 2 before Weisznewski and others like him FINALLY accepted the fact that this community didn't want to play a reskinned version of Halo. Even though we had been screaming it at them for over 2 years. [i](Weisznewski....to his credit....has been willing to admit that he simply thought he knew what was best for the game, and what we would like....better than we did.) [/i] The Investement Team, it seems, is going to have to learn that same lesson....the hard way. They are going to have to take this game to the point where they damage it and they damage its relationship with the community---again----before they finally are forced to listen. Its like dealing with an addict. You didn't cause it. You can't control it. You can't cure it. Until they bottom out, they simply can't hear you. Because----of the addiction---they are simply not in touch with the reality of their situation. So, you sometimes have to just row away from a drowning man....and leave him to his fate, if he won't accept help. If you stay, you simply risk them taking you down with them. The more I watch this circus unfold, the more I start to believe that Activision had simply had enough....and rowed away. In this case, allowing Bungie to"bottomiout"....is just standing back and letting the engagement numbers drop as Anthem and The Division 2 release.....and Bungie's offering around the limping Gambit comes out for Season 6. Then....hopefully....they'll listen. Like the Sandbox team---finally----listened. In the meantime, go have fun playing other games. I will. I'm looking forward to playing the Anthem demo tonight after work. Bungie's a big boy now. They can deal (or not deal) with their own problems.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Well said.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Well, Anthem sucks so Bungie dodged one there.

Posting in language:

• Gameplay is fun. It’s not a FPS, and is a different experience. The severs however are a mess right now. Growing pains.

Posting in language:

• Gameplay has major issues. Maybe it would be better if they'd started everyone at zero with tutorials, but with no explanations of anything, it's pretty lame. Enemies are meh. There are no waypoints/quest markers to guide. No abilities to set waypoints... And the game freezes/kicks constantly. I would not have put this demo out.

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 1/26/2019 5:38:42 AM
    This is a server stress test. 1. There is a tutorial, I played it in the alpha. They didn’t release it here because it would be a major story spoiler. 2. There are waypoints. But it’s a 3-D world with tremendous verticality so navigating is going to be complicated. 3. The combat is some of the best TPS gameplay I’ve ever seen. But it is not a FPS and is going to be a different experience than Destiny. As I’ve said, this game has nothing to offer those lootkiny for a FPS to replace Destiny. This is a loot game whose play has more in common with Warframe and Mass Effect:Andromeda. 4. The problem is EA underestimated the demand and didn’t have enough server capacity, so they are being overloaded, And there is a major bug affecting matchmaking. But I’ve only had one mission crash, one of the strongholds.... and no problems with actual play. The only screwups here were that BioWare should have called this a beta and not a demo....and trying to probably protect the game’s story very little is explained. Which people would have probably been more accepting of if it had been called a beta. But the networking right now is not ready for release. Because the alpha that I played had matchmaking that ran more smoothly than this.

Posting in language:

• I just don’t understand the recalcitrance to change what isn’t popular. Also, what was the need to deviate from three years of precedent of the first game. Almost feel as if we’re back to the vanilla D2 days of decision making.

Posting in language:

• Control and [i]hubris.[/i] ...and in many ways we are back to Year 1 and Bungie not listening to us. But we are now fighting it out with the Investment Team and not the Sandbox and Weapon Dev teams. We now, apparently, need to teach them the same lesson that the Sandbox team got hit over the head with.

Posting in language:

• I feel like I upvote everything you say anymore, Kelly. I'm in total agreement. See you at Fort Tarsis.

Posting in language:

• No you wont, severs are down ,over heated ,molted or whatever.

Posting in language:

• [quote]No you wont, severs are down ,over heated ,molted or whatever.[/quote] Servers are back up. Feels like good times. Not exactly like destiny but the spirit is the same.

Posting in language:

• Lucky you ,i still cant get in. Maybe calling it an beta would have bin better. Calling it a demo gives you the idear you can play it from the get go. I live in Europe maybe thats a thing, i dont know ,saw a lot of streamers from the US streaming it. From what i saw it looks a lot like Warframe , for me that a good thing ,have bin playing iWarframe a lot over the years. Cheers and enjoy the demo.

Posting in language:

• Well, I still have a few hours before I can try. Maybe they can get a skilled welder in there to cobble something together. Ha! If not, well, patience is a virtue I suppose.

Posting in language:

• It’s not like we haven’t had to wait a few hours for LIVE servers at Bungie to get sorted out.

Posting in language:

• they better put in a good root and tig wield it then .

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon