JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

#feedback

1/24/2019 11:10:38 PM

I haven't played D2 since Iron Banner ended and have no desire to log on and play right now

I'm really disappointed at the stance Bungie has taken on accessability in this game and the effect it's had on the experience of the entire community at the behest of the vocal minority. The latest response we've gotten that there are currently no plans to adjust the infusion system makes no sense. There's no benefit to the system and removing it wouldn't negatively affect anyone's experience. If players like holding onto gear and using whatever drops, they still would have that option. I currently have everything I want/need on my Hunter and I have no desire to log in and play anything. That never happened year one because I never got burned out on having to do things over and over and over again. I haven't played my Titan or Warlock since Forsaken dropped. I have no desire to play either of them because of the ridiculous infusion system and the fact that again, I'm so burned out on having to play things I don't like to get powerful drops vs just playing things I like and progressing. And honestly, PvP is basically dead to me outside of Iron Banner. I despise QuickPlay and what it's become, [url=https://twitter.com/TheTrueVanguard/status/1077978948204744705?s=19]but[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/TheTrueVanguard/status/1084449527271178242?s=19]it's[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/TheTrueVanguard/status/1088554185132572673?s=19]popular[/url] with big name influencers so... Of course it's down to 617k players and if Anthem takes even a portion of the casual PvP players away, it's probably going to hit year one levels of grim, but don't worry, the big time PvP players have a new idea to make Crucible even better, make [url=https://twitter.com/TheTrueVanguard/status/1088221041825058816?s=19]sniping[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/T1gigz/status/1086889982692749312?s=19]easier[/url]! [url=https://twitter.com/T1gigz/status/1087980696285650946?s=19]Currently[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/T1gigz/status/1088120037724942336?s=19]they're[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/T1gigz/status/1087020061754191872?s=19]really[/url] [url=https://twitter.com/T1gigz/status/1087402448841433088?s=19]struggling[/url] to get WROoM without DRB, Parcel, Nova Warp, Dawn Blade, Spectral Blades, Luna's, NF, etc. I'm sure that will save the Crucible. I want to enjoy playing Destiny again and with all that was wrong with year one, I never felt this way about the game. I have a VIP access code for the Anthem demo tomorrow. 3 months ago I had no interest in the game. Now? Different story. I still want Destiny to be great and I want it to succeed, but I just don't know what this game is right now and I know it's not being made for a player like me.
English
#feedback #DTC

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by kellygreen2: 1/25/2019 12:47:25 PM
    ....and another thing. Cozmo’s message about the Investment Team’s unwillingness to budge on this was a moment of clarity. Because the team revealed their hand. We are dealing with a faction within that company that is simply not interested in a healthy, or mutually beneficial relationship with this community. They don’t want to work to keep us joyfully playing. They want to manipulate us into compulsively, addictively grinding. Our frustration is not a bug. It’s a feature, and is what “meaningful” is their euphemism for. Which means it’s time for self-care. I was going to wait until Anthem dropped to reduce my play time. Well now I’m accelerating that schedule. I am nobody’s lab rat.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

47 Replies
    • The problem is that Bungie keeps catering to the guys who are the first to trash the game and leave when they get bored. The problem really started when they started changing the game for PvP streamers/Youtubers. The reality of the situation is that they did not build Destiny 2 to appeal to "Joe casual". Ask yourself when did they invite a bunch of casuals to a summit to ask them what changes should be made to Destiny? They didn't. The changes in D2 were for the PvP crowd. They changes they made were for the sake of balancing PvP, that is why the guns and armor were all watered down where the perks made little to no difference. How does any of this appeal to the casuals? The worst part of it all is how the casuals are the ones that take the blame for Y1 D2. What a complete joke. They failed in Y1 giving everybody everything so the game would be balanced. Now they are trying the opposite and making things more difficult to get, and being less concerned with balance. Also they made every part of this game a ridiculous grind. I have no problem grinding for guns and armor. I have no problem with stuff being exclusive to the raids. The level grind is overly extended and not fun. By the time I am high enough to even attempt the raid, I can't even find a group that will take me because I don't have "10 clears and emblem". I really can go on and on about this. I just hope Bungie opens their eyes and starts catering to the real fans of this game and not the guys that only care about making the game pleasant for themselves.

Posting in language:

• Even I know how bad that system is, and I'm a retired guardian Welcome to the club btw

Posting in language:

• Took you long enough. Welcome to the club.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
      • So I take it the summit didn't go as well as planned then?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Don't come back.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Hey so, I know people are sick of hearing about this but are you going to try out anthem?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Good. Go away.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Another pity post from sols lmao.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • Luke Smith returns, and Bungie once again becomes obstinate. People know he’s the kiss of death. Thus, the game hemorrhages 40% of players in a week. Franchise can’t survive his leadership. The man responsible for D2 vanilla must step aside.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Odin: 1/25/2019 5:46:49 PM
                  IMO the investment team really needs to go back and actually play D1 and see what actually worked for the game, what kept a gamers interest, what gave that incentive to want to run the content and apply it to D2. This is just my opinion, as of right now most of the in-game content is not being used as it's intended purpose. The lack of replayable content is an issue in D2 because there isn't that chase that gave the incentive like D1 actually did when it comes to just gear alone. Meaning how you could actually improve your stats, you had an in-game menu that you could somewhat customize your abilities. Random rolls played a big part in D1 because it gave the replayability running things like Raids. In D2 the stats are set on gear and even then most of it is applied to mobility that I feel was an unnecessary stat to be applied to gear knowing the mods. Again, just my opinion. [spoiler]things like vendors need an overhaul, using them as bounty placeholders in not working for this game when in D1 most of the vendor were useful. Speaking of that, where are the faction vendors that were removed 5 months ago, (that removed 3 full sets of gear among other items?) this kind of stuff and like removing the Ikor's inventory or stipping the Gunsmith leaving the gunsmith with little next to nothing at all as far as an inventory goes is hurting this game. Bungie needs to improve them and use them as their intended purpose. Just Tess alone took a good portion of what gamers use to have that gave an incentive to run certain content away. Tess hands out items like candy that have no sense of value anymore, that no one cares for anymore.[/spoiler] I go to the tower and the first things that comes to mind? Why is there even a tower anymore when this game has turned into a bounty game that is useless once you max out, and it's not hard to max out in D2 at all. I could go on about the in-game content that is a major issue in this game among other things, but that isn't what this is about. This is about (Bungie taking a serious look at the game) and figure out what they can do to actually improve it. As of right now if D2 had D1 loot system on how it was structured throughout the entire game. I would be putting all kinds of hours into D2 as I did in D1. Mainly because I would know there is that chase and I would have that replayability that I enjoyed in D1. Edit: One more thing and this annoys me that Bungie does not understand. [b](Bungie literally needs to stop trying to fix what isn't broken and leave it alone,)[/b] or they need to learn to build from what works in the game, move forward with it looking for better ideas, and expand it if they can.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • So first up, I'm going to put something out there... Infusion has little to do with "Power level". Right? We all on the same page? Good. So... What is the point of infusion? For me personally, infusion is a way of saying that weapon or armor item [b]A[/b] has a good set of perks (Enhanced xyz loader, Weapon xyz reserves, Weapon or armor perk xyz), but it's only 645... However I just got a weapon or armor item (item [b]B[/b]) that is 650 power, but it comes with undesirable perks. Seeing as I've achieved "Max Power" on that weapon or armor item the chase is essentially over, except for fact that I don't want to use the crap weapon or armor item... So I say "I value this weapon or armor item (645) over that one (650), so I will sacrifice one to make the existing item more viable... Because arbitrary numbers. I already own the good item, AND I have reached the maximum power... So this arbitrary number is no longer being chased... Why do I need to pay to reuse this number? That right there... "Why do I need to pay to [b][u]reuse[/u][/b] this number?" This is what I feel a lot of people have an issue with. Sure, I can farm bounties, dismantle stuff, buy mats to convert with Osiris' lackey, buy them from Spider... But why? Why would I [b][u]want[/u][/b] to do repetitive, stupid Spider bounties instead of actually playing the game? I'm not looking to play "Space Farming Simulator 2019". I see Enhancement Cores as being a means to "Enhance" an items base stats... Range, Stability etc. Kind of like the name implies. Even if cores went solely towards "Masterworking", it would still take time to get everything you wanted done unless you are no-lifing the game... And if not... Good for you. So my point and suggestion is this. Either remove cores from being required to reuse a number, but keep them to enhance an items base stats, or, come up with a way of earning them organically whilst simply playing the game. You love sinking your time into PvP? Great, at least you're playing the game, here have some cores. You only like PvE? Cool, here are some cores. I'm only suggesting that we should be able to earn them by playing the game organically as a show that the time we give Bungie is respected... Just like when weapon parts became an issue back in 2015... Because this is the exact same issue. Back then the investment team actually realised the issue and fixed it... So why not now? If you don't respect your customers Bungie, they won't respect you back.

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 1/25/2019 12:15:13 PM
                    At the end of the day, Sols, you can't save people from themselves. Especially if they don't believe they need saving. It took the sandbox team nearly destroying this franchise with vanilla Destiny 2 before Weisznewski and others like him FINALLY accepted the fact that this community didn't want to play a reskinned version of Halo. Even though we had been screaming it at them for over 2 years. [i](Weisznewski....to his credit....has been willing to admit that he simply thought he knew what was best for the game, and what we would like....better than we did.) [/i] The Investement Team, it seems, is going to have to learn that same lesson....the hard way. They are going to have to take this game to the point where they damage it and they damage its relationship with the community---again----before they finally are forced to listen. Its like dealing with an addict. You didn't cause it. You can't control it. You can't cure it. Until they bottom out, they simply can't hear you. Because----of the addiction---they are simply not in touch with the reality of their situation. So, you sometimes have to just row away from a drowning man....and leave him to his fate, if he won't accept help. If you stay, you simply risk them taking you down with them. The more I watch this circus unfold, the more I start to believe that Activision had simply had enough....and rowed away. In this case, allowing Bungie to"bottomiout"....is just standing back and letting the engagement numbers drop as Anthem and The Division 2 release.....and Bungie's offering around the limping Gambit comes out for Season 6. Then....hopefully....they'll listen. Like the Sandbox team---finally----listened. In the meantime, go have fun playing other games. I will. I'm looking forward to playing the Anthem demo tonight after work. Bungie's a big boy now. They can deal (or not deal) with their own problems.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                    • I haven’t played since the day after the fourth Forge was released (when people were still trying to unlock it). I haven’t been on the forums in a few days but figured I’d take a peek and see if anything interesting was happening. I read TWAB. The idea of needing to grind from 650 to 700 power added to the fact that they are going to throttle any edging to get a jump on leveling definitely makes me want to skip it. I used to play every day after work and most weekends if I wasn’t out hunting. It’s been 2 and a half weeks and I haven’t missed it. But I guess all their pet streamers can keep the game afloat if they lose daily players like me. I won’t purchase another annual pass and don’t expect I will buy D3. They have really ignored all of the lessons they learned during D1 and refuse to budge on the stuff that has made the game boring. That’s all on the development team. I suspect people that think this will be rectified with the split from Activision will be disappointed.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Edited by DeusFever: 1/25/2019 3:26:45 PM
                        Rookie. I haven't played D2 since the end of November. My problem is that the content is played out and the RNG reward system feels bad. PvP can be fun for ages because players can be unpredictable at times, except Destiny's PvP was never that good. Long term, Destiny needs major times. Short term, this game desperately needs an injection of fun.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I still want Destiny to be great and I want it to succeed, but I just don't know what this game is right now and I know it's not being made for a player like me.[/quote] Perfectly summed up right there. Thank you.

Posting in language:

• Yeah the core thing is starting to rub me the wrong way. The cost to masterwork a weapon and knowing that the power level cap is going to get increased again is becoming draining. I play a lot of destiny and i only have like 15 odd cores on me - and i lose most of them when i get a god roll weapon and want to masterwork it. Its just tedious and offers no benefit and makes the next thing i'm going to talk about more difficult... [b]The problem about the power level cap[/b] There's no benefit what-so-ever to increasing this. Whether you're doing Blind Well or in starter zone Trostland, you do and take the same proportion of damage. The PVE only lets you become more effective up to 50 power levels past the enemy. I'm not getting stronger. I can't go into Whisper of The Worm and easily do the heroic solo, because my damage is capped no matter how much stronger i get. This makes older content that felt inaccessible to casuals still remain inaccessible. You can't casually get a trio of people to steam-roll the Leviathan raid because your damage is capped (and another of other things too). So it just makes the power leveling a gate and pointless. [b]Back to masterwork cores[/b] im not looking forward to putting my enhanced rolled gear, master-worked weapons, 650 exotics into my vault again just to be dressed down in tangled web bum gear, a misfit with grave-robber paired with an either doctor and a sword as my highest level loadout just to participate in new content. i get double-nerfed every power cap increase and my cooldowns are dogshit again. It wouldn't be bad if there was new armor new perks new weapons to get WHILE leveling. [b] Comp and PVP is at its worst[/b] this week has to be the worst. I've never seen so many 6 stacks in QP with the same loadouts. Its like they're trying to sqeeze every last bit out of the meta they can to the very last minute. This is because the game population has dropped so much that the majority who's left enjoy the game for stomps and not for variety. Going for Luna's is like investing in the housing market. You pick the wrong time and wrong season and you're left under water on progression. Since the population has dropped and all that's left is the dedicated folks, most people are like "hey, nothing else significant to do - lets go work on Lunas or get back to NF grind." Its so common to get re-matched against the same players now. I tell my friend to count to 10-Mississippi before he hits the start button so we don't have to play the same people over again (even if we won) . [b]I hope season of the drifter is better[/b] You know the best time to start Black Armory? Now, because you don't have to wait around for everything to unlock. I'm afraid this season pass is going to thin out the game population. Say what you want about story missions, but at least they help kick off a DLC. They make releases feel more tangible. I think to the casual audience that waffles between this game and others, it just looks like thin content that doesn't flesh the game out (from an outside perspective). I absolutely love Destiny and I love complaining about Destiny.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • This is a good thread. Lots of valid points. This might sound pathetic, but I am also livid at Bungie for screwing up my favourite game. How is it that they could end up perfecting D1 and then -blam!-ing it up twice in D2. I just am so mad at them for destroying what would and should have been the best game of this generation. Muppets.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          • [quote]Of course it's down to 617k players[/quote] Today, DTR says that yesterday, fewer than 600K played PvP. That by itself wouldn't worry me, if not for the fact that I see/feel no sense of urgency in Bungie right now. The game is quickly losing players and falling back to year-one numbers, yet Bungie seems totally unconcerned, which is odd, since during year one, there weren't two major games being released to directly compete with D2. If Anthem and Division 2 are both excellent, this game could see record-low player numbers, across the whole franchise history.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                            • Edited by Blump: 1/26/2019 3:51:13 PM
                              I have no proof of this, but I suspect D2 is pretty much on autopilot at this point. Maybe a few hot fixes after each of the remaining DLCs to fix critical issues, but other than that, D2’s final state has pretty much been scripted straight through the end of its life. The only other thing we can expect are the predetermined/seasonal meta shifts that are supposed to “keeping the game fresh” but generally just piss everyone off.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                              • Anthem is overhyped

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                                • Test Anthem: 46CK-JAKP-533L-CQJ2 DYZT-4PGY-42CZ-CAEC BWDX-ETBV-YPES-TRE7 HP6N-M73Q-A277-35ZX HVB7-BHGX-PRPZ-QWSW 7CKF-B4J2-DACG-PASN 9BHS-W5BP-SM79-GGKX 8ZNQ-LZH7-EGTN-NSGZ FE3M-LFWU-UNGJ-2Q8B HYGT-9WSB-EZXQ-7VPZ 9HCN-Z6BG-RMPV-4VVS Anthem #anthemcode

Posting in language:

• Yeah I was in the same boat just finished. I’ve played this game since dark below and have never felt so out of touch with the game. The infusion with cores totally destroys a major part of the game which is trying different builds.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Doctor_Roidberg: 1/26/2019 2:24:16 AM
                                  Sup Sols buddy. Still don’t have a problem with Telesto I see. After our lovely discussion about how Telesto totally isn’t broken in your opinion, as far as your 70 or so Comp matches say. Funny how you’d like to see sniping come back, considering it requires considerable skill. Unlike Telesto. Which is getting nerfed. Because it was broken. Just sayin. Oh hey you’ve taken up the weapon yourself. Gee imagine that, the guy who claimed he “never gets killed by Telesto” is actually using it! Huh. Leaving Destiny? Damn, gonna miss ya buddy. Have fun! :D

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • There is no PvP in Anthem FYI. So I’m sure much of the core PvP crowd that are here will stick around until another PvP game tickles their fancy.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • I'm ready for a break and hopefully something new to play. Forges just aren't fun. PVP outside of IB has been a letdown lately. Cores for infusion was probably one of the worst decisions ever in this game. I just recently maxed out my main... with a somewhat comfortable loadout. Forget trying to get enough cores to max out another toon... and -blam!- actually MASTERWORKING the gear I'd like to. I'll tell you what tho: I'm done Max leveling. DONE.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon