JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

Edited by Lost Sols: 1/22/2019 1:49:38 PM

Tether is the worst super in the game

Been playing top tree Nightstalker since the beginning of D2. Love the neutral game with the snares and invisibility, but Tether is not a super, it's a liability and using it throws away at least 5-6 kills a game. There is nothing it excels at. It's not the best super suppression, that would be the Tractor Cannon. It's not the best suppression overall, that's suppressor grenades. It's the only instant-cast super in the game that gives zero additional damage resistance while casting. It's the only super in the game incapable of OHKing an opponent. It can't activate fast enough to catch most instant-cast supers and gets destroyed by some roaming supers before it can activate. It's a shitty trap. If it functioned like the Scorn tether and rubber banded opponents it might be decent. It doesn't and usually 2-3 steps or going behind a wall breaks the tether. Casting it as a trap works about 10% of the time. Casting it at enemies has a slightly higher success rate, but the user has about a 95% chance of dying during the cast or immediately after, and even when Tether does successfully get a few opponents, they get out before anyone can arrive most of the time. All in all it's a huge waste and it's really disappointing that outside of Mayhem, this super is so spectacularly bad.
English
#feedback #DTC

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by TJM99: 1/23/2019 6:22:21 PM
    I feel like people look at Way of the [b][i]Trapper[/i][/b] and go "Naw, I can shoot it straight at people in an unlikely workable spot". Super stopping can use help, but then it might end up becoming a situation where everyone has one just ready to screw the first person they see over like other supers since efficient super users are rare (looking at you panic spammers) A good tether catches the mob squad by surprise and lets the one guy drop them rapidly by the shared damage. Any good single use super should be minded for multiple targets and high action moments, not one person. Gotta have the trapper mindset to know how to succeed with traps. The smoke and tether don't leave radar signatures for nothing. It has no business one-shotting anyone unless it's a headshot. which shouldn't be the goal of someone using it as a trap, to begin with. I've made the point that Quiver would see unbelievable potential as a held weapon like golden gun (but bow) and it worked as fast as a bow, and by extension better as a super destroyer, as one instant hit would suppress, next one kills, headshot the guy running up behind him expecting orbs, boom powerful super. Trapper is designed for Crowd Control, aim for[i] crowds[/i]. You're not using it well otherwise.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon