JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Destiny 2 again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Forums

1/18/2019 7:51:13 PM
Fyi. Fanfiction is taking pre-exsiting character and putting them in a none cannon story. What people are doing is telling the story of there characters instead of allowing bungie to create a shit story based around our characters. For me I have created four chapters to my hunter telling how he came to be instead of allowing or accepting bungies story of everyone starts in the same place. So alot of them are not fanfic and are people trying to tell the actual story. There are some that are fanfic but still. Know the difference.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Fort Oink: 1/21/2019 6:34:28 AM
    That’s literally what a fanfiction is though. Harry styles and I go to the movies, Dan and Phil have sex with a hamster, my mom sells me to one direction, etc., examples of fanfictions (unfortunately) are all just taking the fandoms people and putting them in made up scenarios. Taking your hunter and putting them in a made up scenario is the same concept as taking Harry styles and putting HIM in a made up scenario. You aren’t different. Stop lying to yourself.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Jericho_Wolf99: 1/21/2019 9:02:39 AM
    No it's not. You don't get it at all. I have said it before trying to explain it. We made our characters not bungie. The only thing bungie did was make a not story for us to go through not giving any backstory or lore on our characters because that is up to us to make for them. That what alot of people have chosen to do. Case in point someone making a whole comic series on there titan calling him watermelon because of the choice of shader. Why do you think there was a watermelon shader in the game. That person made the story for his guardian the lore behind him and everything. No one called that fanfic now did they. So you don't get it at all not do you have any imagination because if you did you would understand what I have been trying to explain yo everyone who decided to open here mouth with the exact same thing basically copying each other. Fanfic is taking a complete orginal character and forcing into a universe and making up a story that would eventually run into the main character and so on or taking pre-exsiting characters and make them do shit that would be put of the norm for that character. What I have been trying to explain is that we created our guardian which have zero backstory or lore on them and it is up to us to make that for them. So just atop your not winning you lost this argument.

Posting in language:

• Edited by MasterChief2011: 1/21/2019 3:49:44 AM
    Are you sure? Because it DOES sound like fanfic.

Posting in language:

• You have fanfic? Could you give me a link so that I may add this to my [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/245771343/0/0]Archive[/url]?

Posting in language:

• I did them long ago. Like in November of last year. I can no longer access where ever they went from here. Also they are not fanfic it's the backstory lore I have given my characters.

Posting in language:

• That would be the definition of you writing a fanfic about your hunter.

Posting in language:

• But you writing your Hunters history IS fanfiction... YOU wrote it (The fan) not Bungie (The creator) hence its fanfiction, just because it’s a backstory (Which IS NOT CANNON) doesn’t change anything. Fanfiction is fanfiction...

Posting in language:

• Edited by Jericho_Wolf99: 1/20/2019 8:24:33 AM
    An your point is what exactly. Key words my hunter. In other words me telling the story of a blank character in better detail an better story doesn't mean it's fanfic. I'm taking my characters that I created and giving them a better in depth story from the point of view of the character. You do understand the difference between taking pre-exsiting characters and writing something up compared to taking blank characters that you have created and giving then a story yes. Or are you one of those people with little imagination and are willing to to take at face value any shit story bungie could come up with including starting everyone in the exact same place and telling a not story in a game that's suppose to have story.

Posting in language:

• My point is that what you write about your Hunter IS fanfiction. There’s no difference between what you write about your Hunter and what someone makes up about Cayde, they are both made up stories which means they are fanfiction

Posting in language:

• No there not. I understand the cayde reference an all towards so many people would like him alive or just make some shit up. But it's not fanfic when we create a blank character with zero backstory and zero reason for the character to even exist. An it is up to the player which is us to give our created characters there backstory and lore. Your still not getting it because you have zero imagination and can't see what is literally plopped down in front of you. Bet you can't even come up with any story or lore for your character or characters to even have a reason to what they do and why they do let alone being alive. Like I said zero imagination and still not knowing the difference between fanfic and creation. All three of my characters have there own story besides what bungie which is nothing. Bungie didn't not make our characters we did. The only thing bungie did was set fourth a bunch of trials for us to do they didn't not create a story for us to play because absolutely none of makes any sense and we are literally picking up gear that tell lore on characters that came before us and we are having to fix the shit they caused. If anything we are cleaning up there messes. So sorry you don't have a point because you can't come up with anything that is even close enough to an explination. Ten bucks says you will say the exact same thing or something close to what you have said twice already not being able to come up with a better excuse trying to prove me wrong.

Posting in language:

• What does any of this have to do with artillery?

Posting in language:

• Umm nothing?

Posting in language:

• Then the word you want is canon.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon