JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Niobe Labs Clarification
1/12/2019 11:03:47 PM
As a software tester, I do find it very, very hard to believe that something like this was missed [b][i]if[/i][/b] proper testing was carried out. I'm not even referring to regression testing... I'm referring solely to this new content. Stand alone system/functional testing along with play testing should have caught this before being released to production. Now, I'm aware you can never with 100% certainty identify every single defect, it's a well known fact... But this, being a major feature of the activity being missed, really should cause Bungie to look closer at their testing team. All the people who essentially wasted their time on this activity should rightly be pissed.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Necrogen: 1/13/2019 2:03:23 PM
    That wasn't a waste of time. Had they not got there no one would have known level 7 was broken. So what we mean to say here is [i]thank you for figuring it out.[/i]

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by xenomorph: 1/13/2019 8:20:30 PM
    [quote]That wasn't a waste of time. Had they not got there no one would have known level 7 was broken. So what [b]Bungie[/b] meant to say here is "[i][u]thank you for figuring it out.[/u][/i]"[/quote] Fixed it for you. Why would we thank a company for releasing broken code? That's some Stockholm syndrome shit that you're proposing.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Necrogen: 1/13/2019 8:24:05 PM
    Excuse me, don't do that. No, [i]we[/i] say thank you to the [i]players who figured that out[/i]

Posting in language:

• You're totally ignoring Bungie by saying that.

Posting in language:

• And that's proven how? Because I'm not writing literally that I blame bungee for x y and z? can I just make a more positive post and say thank you to the players who actually took the time to show the error? This is honestly bother you?

Posting in language:

• As a software tester? Yes, it 100% bothers me. To me, this is a critical incident that should never have happened in the first place. Thanking people for identifying a critical defect doesn't admonish Bungie, but you never acknowledged that. Sure, you want to be positive... But you need to acknowledge the people responsible for putting us in this position. Not doing that comes off like you're ignoring facts. They released an untested, broken product. Thanking people for forcing Bungie to do their jobs seems a bit redundant to me.

Posting in language:

• Okay? And that gives you an excuse to correct me? If you want me to clarify what I mean you can just ask me. Don't sit there and [i] correct me[/i]. It's my responsibility to clarify what I am saying.

Posting in language:

• You are Corrected princess

Posting in language:

• In the same vain... You're now putting that responsibility onto me? Right.

Posting in language:

• Okay I'm done talking to you. you get muted now. I hope somewhere on these forms someone is going to share in your mutual hate boner. Piss off guy

Posting in language:

• Well. At least I know what kind of person you really are. I never called you any names, or personally belittled you. Reported.

Posting in language:

• As a software tester myself i do not think they have testing at this rate. It’s just unit tests and green build. Issue with quest locked to only one character is one more proof of that.

Posting in language:

• Bungie do not have a testing team mate. Cowboys...

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon