JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by oOUTSIDERo62: 12/20/2018 1:30:01 AM
Here is a solution that might just work. It would not stop the pub-stomps, at least not right away, but it would make pub-stomping and pub-farming useless. In the QP playlist, no stats are tracked at all, kills do not add to your K/D. Its a casual playlist, isn't it???????? Its just there for fun, isn't it?????????? So, nothing that happens in the QP playlist should be recorded onto anybodies account in any manner. This would make farming, just for fun, and would not benefit the elite in any way as far as ELO, K/D, or any other measurement.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• This.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• There simply has to be a gametype - even if just one - where the average and below players can go where they won't get stomped by players 4-5 times better than themselves. A level playing field and a game of 6v6 clash would suit me fine.

Posting in language:

• Edited by oOUTSIDERo62: 12/23/2018 11:50:09 PM
    I completely agree with you.I usually average between a 1.25 and 1.7 K/D. Right now its 1.25, for various reasons. That still puts me in the top 16%. I HATE stomping people, and also hate being stomped. Its just not fun to me either way. I love the games where even a single point can determine the outcome. I quit crucible completely, even for the bounties, and have not been in there in months. Its just not fun either stomping somebody every game, or getting stomped every game. Sbmm needs to come back in some form. Some level, some consideration. But with my suggestion, stats not counting in QP, it would take away the motivation of the top players to use QP as a method of padding their stats. Sure they could still go in to stomp and ruin peoples games, but it would no longer benefit them.

Posting in language:

• How about your 1st hour of QP on each toon per week is SBMM, then reverts to CBMM. Casuals can get their 5 games done in a fair environment. Sweaty players only have to spend 5 games actually sweating.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Chubbums: 12/22/2018 3:44:22 AM
    Stat tracking is a -blam!-ing cancer to multi-player. Bet a lot of people here remember having fun playing Halo on splitscreen or Lan. Win or lose you had a great time. Why? Because nobody gave a shit about stats back then and there wasn't a record of your shortcomings.

Posting in language:

• Well, you're wrong, first of all. 1. QP stats are absolutely counted towards your K/D, ELO and other Stats. 2. Competitive has so many issues that it's not even considerable to say QP is meant to be "casual" when there is no competitive equivalent. 3. Being pubstomped time and time again is not "Fun". - To add to this, back in Y1 the pvp community was dying, not only because of the lack of balance but also because of Skilled players getting matched against average players; completely pubstomping; and discouraging them from even entering the Crucible again.

Posting in language:

• I don't think you read my comment correctly. This was an idea, not to have the stats record. Maybe I could have made that a bit clearer. Sorry.

Posting in language:

• Been saying this for weeks now.

Posting in language:

• I would like to see how i did in that match, but leave it unrecorded. Very good idea.

Posting in language:

• Good solution. Although I think a separate k/d tracker would satisfy the ‘sweats’ more than just not having it.

Posting in language:

• I like this a lot actually.

Posting in language:

• Yea.. I made this post months ago. As per usual...downvoted to oblivion. So here is an upvote to see if it's just me everyone hates... or the idea.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon