JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by LateMinotaur051: 12/19/2018 6:41:22 PM
I ended D1 with ~60K kills in the crucible and with a 1.1 k/d (when combining all current and deleted chars). Loved it. I'm an average player. Some games I was the bug and some games I was the windshield. I have less than ~3k opponents defeated in all of D2, and I can't remember a game where I lead the winning team - I don't think there is one. I had lots of the "Best Around" medals in D1. Now, I most often appear near the bottom of the losing team. Games like the following should never happen, where the top player had 4.6 times more opponents defeated than I. https://www.bungie.net/en/PGCR/3058423061?character=2305843009261052703 The one big question I have is... "why does Bungie allow this to happen?" I have a guess, and it ain't pretty. Bungie could/should make a statement about what you found and tell us what drives their crucible design. From that, we would have a better idea how to move forward - as a fan/consumer.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• The kills that they have don't matter... A .9 could have 50k kills, still doesn't mean they aren't shit at the game.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Doubtful because the people getting the 50 kills are Diamond and Plat level Elo. .9 players are not reaching those levels.

Posting in language:

• As long as you put a lot of time into pvp you will get those kills, doesn't take skill although.

Posting in language:

• Unfortunately the way the game is designed the only [u]meaningful[/u] time that can be put into pvp is very small. My limited time to play means I have to also focus on leveling which because of milestones is like 80% pve. Especially now they IB have level advantages on. The time I have to split between pve and pvp makes all this overzealous grinding cost more actual time for me than you think.

Posting in language:

• First of all this isn't D1. Elo is a very arbitrary and pointless system that doesn't mean much in this game unlike D1. Many sub par players such as 1.2s-1.3s can easlily reach those elo levels, doesn't mean they are good although.

Posting in language:

• Here here

Posting in language:

• Here's the saddest thing. Rather than realizing and admitting there's a problem when players started regularly putting up 50+kills (In thousands of D1 matches I saw someone hit 40 [b]twice[/b] and never anything close to 50), Bungie decided the best thing to do is make a 50 kill medal and give Shaxx wacky dialogue for it. It's literally a joke to them.

Posting in language:

• Edited by LateMinotaur051: 12/19/2018 8:05:04 PM
    It's ironic, but even at my skill level I run into weaker players every great once in a while, and I always have empathy for them. Kids trying to get handcannon kills come to mind. They can't shoot well, so I sometimes just stand there for them. If I'm frustrated, they must be near self destruction. What worries me more is... How can so many top players/streamers feel 40-50 opponents defeated per game is fun? How can Bungie?

Posting in language:

• Same. If I'm on a team where it's obvious it's a couple high levels on my team just spawn wrecking opponents, I'll just hang back and not join in. Can't stand that garbage.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon