JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

12/19/2018 4:38:53 AM
Sadly, Bungie plays into their desire. By putting lots of PvP bounties into effect, they pump unwilling players into the Crucible, and give the hardcore players an endless supply of cupcakes to stomp on.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I mean theres nothing telling them to go to thecrucible, i don't know where that idea comes from

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Weird isn’t it? Having to play the whole game for all the exotics??? [spoiler]Way more exotics in pve...[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• What universe are you from? half of the exotic quests have some sort of PVP element.

Posting in language:

• He hasn't played since February so...

Posting in language:

• I wasnt surprised.

Posting in language:

• You need to be capable to get a reward? It's the destiny way in pve and pvp

Posting in language:

• Really, so because I am not as naturally skilled at shooters as some I should have to play against whoever happens to be on that day; not the people I can actually contend with? The game rewards you for practically doing nothing. I could pet my chicken for twenty minutes and still get a "reward" from crucible once a week. The reward is not the point of bringing back sbmm for quickplay.

Posting in language:

• What, with all the quests and bounties tied to Crucible play? Crucible play is HEAVILY incentivized. If there were no Crucible quest steps or bounties, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I own literally dozens of games where I have never ever even tried the multiplayer mode. Just not my interest. This is also reason why I don't buy AAA shooters anymore -- their single player modes have become pointless, short and boring.

Posting in language:

• You can always just avoid it if you want

Posting in language:

• And not get Chaperone, not get Ace, not get a good portion of easily available Powerful Gear rewards per week... No one forced me to buy this game, so technically no one is forcing me to play PvP either. But can we at least agree that it is incentivized, which brings in players who don't really want to be there? I would prefer a full 100% separation between PvE and PvP game modes. I can play almost any other game with both modes on the market, never touch the multiplayer PvP and not have it affect my PvE experience in any way. But Bungie doesn't want to give me that because they want me more in Crucible than I want to be there.

Posting in language:

• So you have to be skilled enough to complete a challenge and get certain rewards?? That sounds fair to me

Posting in language:

• Yes, while fighting players who are AT MY SKILL LEVEL. You don't send a middle school softball team against the New York Yankees. The kids are humiliated, the Yankees aren't challenged, and the game isn't in doubt. And a Yankees player who complained about having to play baseball against opponents who were actually at or near his skill level would be held in contempt. Would that it was this way in D2's Crucible.

Posting in language:

• That's a far cry. The game dosent have a very big skill gap at all. I've been killed by some lower tier players on good occasion It's really not that one sided

Posting in language:

• When SBMM was fair, I was running an average efficiency of 1.48, and a K/d of about 1.10... since it ended, my Efficiency in many if not most games starts with a zero.

Posting in language:

• This has nothing to do with fairness. Or being good even, I got the guns alright. It's about asking me to do something I don't want to -- and holding out a carrot to entice me. You can have the NF, Luna's Howl, Mountaintop and all that. You can have any amount of Crucible rewards, I don't really care. Just don't mix the storyline quests with PvP, that's all I ask. I came here to shoot space aliens. I don't like playing PvP and I don't like being pressured into playing it. It's not about winning or losing or being good or not -- I just find it boring. It's like when you were a kid and you hated going to see your boring aunt but they promised you ice cream afterwards if you behave nicely so you grin and bear it... dreaming of the sweet ice cream, hating every moment of it. That's Crucible for me.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon