JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by Ndog921: 12/7/2018 10:32:06 PM

Connection issues around Boston

There seems to be connection issues around the Boston area. Lots of error code "Grape", "Chicken", and "Baboon". edit: this seems to be the New England area, not just around Boston. edit 2: I talked to some people at work and they had no issues with ISPs other than Comcast. So it does seem to be Comcast being terrible again. Edit 3: I just installed a VPN and i can connect just fine. It is effecting more than just me: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a3ub23/connection_issues/

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I'm in Mashpee onthe Cape. Any loading screen gets me a fruit error mostly fig or grape. I tried to load into a forge 8 times before I got past the error wall. It's mega fustrating

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• From Gloucester / Beverly. Getting the same issues as everyone else. Can't even connect to a world anymore. I know 2 other people in the area experiencing the same issue. I tried a VPN like someone above but didn't have any luck.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Edited by spin156: 12/7/2018 6:28:40 PM
      I am in Salem, NH. Got Comcast, hardwired, rebooted Xbox, router and have had a ton of errors. Any time I fast travel, change characters, or almost anything, I am getting disconnected. Got weasel, chicken, fig, grape, elderberry errors, and more. Quality of service (from game/server side) is pretty lousy right now. I am not having problems with other network services. It's on the Bungie server side. Not my Xbox, not my connection. Please Bungie, get it together.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Westfield, MA here. Same issues in Destiny 2. Can’t connect to D2 servers or frequent disconnects. I replaced my modem, using DMZ for my PS4, all new cables from modem to telephone pole. Comcast ISP, but Destiny 2 is the only game this is happening with (and only within last couple weeks).

Posting in language:

• Edited by JoeOfAllTrades: 12/8/2018 3:25:11 PM
        I've been dealing with the same [b]issues since 12/6.[/b] In Gloucester MA Comcast provider. Only D2 on ps4 is affected, all other systems are working normally. Updating this with time stamps and codes as they occur. 12/8 - EST 8:16 : Unable to Join - (unknown) - Login Screen 8:23 : Can't Connect - Grape - Login in 8:30 : 1st Mission in game wouldn't advance to next mission part - Had to leave game 8:40 : Grape - Traveling from Orbit to Annex 8:47 : Baboon - Traveling from Tower to EDZ 9:36 : rabbit - Joining friend in progress of dreaming city mission from orbit 9:42 : rabbit - Joining fireteam in EDZ 9:43 : rabbit - Joining fireteam in EDZ 9:44 : rabbit - Joining fireteam in EDZ 9:45 : Could not connect to D2 Servers - grape - Orbit to Quick Play 10:10 : Could not connect to D2 Servers - fig - Orbit to Tower 10:12 : baboon - Removed from game world 10:24 : elderberry - Solo que into EDZ forge

Posting in language:

8 Replies
          I would recommend everyone who is suffering this issue to proceed refunding recent purchase such as forsaken or the seasonal pass with battlenet or their credit card processor. Speak with your wallet.

Posting in language:

• Please start using Twitter to contact Bungie help. Tag with #bungiehatesitscustomers

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • What VPN did you use?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Edited by UBERCRUZER: 12/8/2018 9:13:21 PM
              I've had the same problem for the last 3 days! It's getting irritating! I haven't had any problems when connecting to other game servers, or even any websites, online services, or... ANYTHING! It would be nice the company to at least acknowledge there's a problem, because I'm fairly certain it's not me given I haven't had problems with anything else. Edit: also in Boston.

Posting in language:

• I'm stuck signing in it say the servers are not available for me I need a fix or at least a tweet saying theres a problem. As soon as the problem with blind well started this started. I don't understand why there is not a fix for this in the works.

Posting in language:

• Same issues here a bit north of Boston. Constant errors, elderberry, grape, fig, baboon. Comcast as a provider, not sure if that matters, but thank god im not the only one with this problem. Really bad time to have these problems when I wanna play black armory so bad.

Posting in language:

• New Bedford same issue! I finally get a day off to check out tye expansion and connection issues ! This really pisses me off !

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Has Bungie addresses this yet? Anyone know?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Bungie, I’m glad you guys are looking into the issue... but more frequent updates would be appreciated. Also, this is a big chunk of the player base alienated. Not to seem entitled, but some sort of “make good” package to the players affected would be cool. It’s not the end of the world, but this blows.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • On the cape and I keep getting disconnected from the server

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • Mass/ Comcast/ same issues Error codes grape/baboon/chicken

Posting in language:

• Same Here On The Cape . Just Checked Again , & I Still Cant Logg In . Been That Way Since Tuesday . i Dont Think Its Comcast My Dudes . Warcraft , Amazon , Youtube , Hulu , Facebook ... All Working Just Fine & With Pretty Good Speeds . I'm Sorry To Say The Problem Lies With Bungie & they're Sh*t F*Kin Servers . If Its Not Resolved By reset Tuesday , Ill Be Uninstalling . Im Over It

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • Western NH. Been like this all morning. I get dropped from any playlist, if I can even get into a match.. Didn't have a problem yesterday before 2pm est.

Posting in language:

• I made a post about this yesterday, coincidentally I'm in the Boston area. I've never seen so many error codes in my life. The forge is unplayable right now if I'm lucky enough to make it there without an error code as soon as I start it boots me back to orbit with an error code.

Posting in language:

• Also Northeast USA, been having issues for about 24 hours now. This is ridiculous, they've issued zero response.

Posting in language:

• Looks like the problem is either on Comcast end or Bungie. Hopefully whoever has the issue gets it fixed quickly.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
                        • I'm in New Hampshire/Comcast/Xbox. All my other games work fine, like Halo 5, Red Dead, and Fallout 76, I only have issues with Destiny 2, and it happened after they did the "server update" for the Forge. First I was getting "chicken." Now its "fig" and "grape."

Posting in language:

• Same for me too it’s really hard to do anything. I’m in Massachusetts and have Comcast as well. Since reset this week I’ve been getting nothing but error codes and disconnects. It’s been rough and hard to get anything done 😣 please fix this issue... until then I won’t be hitting the light that I wanted by the end of the week. 😞

Posting in language:

Same issues as everyone else, been that way for 24hrs. It's gotten progressively worse; can't even connect anymore. Massachusetts, comcast. 'Chicken' errors, login issues, and various symptoms of severe packet loss.

Posting in language:

• i am having this issue now im from near boston.. i cant connect to the game.. chicken error, fig and a lot more.. i cant figure it out how to fix it anyone figure it out?

Posting in language:

• [quote]There seems to be connection issues around the Boston area. Lots of error code "Grape", "Chicken", and "Baboon". edit: this seems to be the New England area, not just around Boston. edit 2: I talked to some people at work and they had no issues with ISPs other than Comcast. So it does seem to be Comcast being terrible again. Edit 3: I just installed a VPN and i can connect just fine. It is effecting more than just me: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a3ub23/connection_issues/[/quote] Yea it's happening to me in western mass aswell it's really getting annoying

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon