JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny 2.
12/6/2018 4:09:23 PM

Can you just remove the core requirement from infusion already?

Seriously, I guess we all stopped complaining about this after we hit max light but it's two days into the update and I'm already out of cores when I've just been sparingly infusing. It's absurd how this is still a requirement when they are still such a pain to get. It's not an "investment" it's just adding to an already infuriating power level grind by forcing us to use garbage gear that drops.
English
#feedback #Gear

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by chrisakatrace48: 12/12/2018 1:27:10 AM
    Agreed. I look like an idiot with my 4 different types of Armour. I have the solstice Armour with glowing shades, but I don't have the time to find 100 dusklight shards everytime I level up. I kind of get it for Weopons, but still don't like it, but for Armour it's a nuisance.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• 17 cores to fully master work a weapon, 10 for armor and 2 to 3 for infusion!

Posting in language:

• As a loyal Bungie drone, I'd just like to assure you that we are listening and that we take your fart noises seriously.

Posting in language:

• Bungie will remove Cores from infusions soon. [spoiler]When Anthem releases... And exotics will even drop more often![/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• "Infusion" is an investment, not something to do blindly. You need to wait to infuse until you get big jumps in power for gear, instead of just infusing when you get something thats only 2-3 power level higher. Bungie already added enhancement cores to scrapper bounties and spider bounties, along with being able to be bought from the spider and found randomly from dismantling legendary gear. This is not an issue that Bungie is going to look into any time soon.

Posting in language:

• I think it should stay. It makes you use different weapons instead of just sticking with a Midnight Coup for the entire level grind. Makes you actually think before infusing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • If dismantling a legendary guaranteed 1 core it wouldn’t be as bad. I don’t want to infuse until I max out with the way the system works now. This makes it harder to find a decent load out for any activity that requires you to the highest light available. So for forge if I want to run my highest light weapons I’m stuck with memetic sniper side arm and sword. This is not how I normally play and makes it even harder than it already is.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • Im with you, get rid of them. Nobody asked for them and if they keep it around then make it easier to get them like completing strikes, pvp matches and lost sectors

Posting in language:

• Bump all day. The fact that you need to use cores to infuse is the dumbest thing they have implemented yet

Posting in language:

• I have a different idea. Keep the cores, but lower the cost if not get rid of it for corresponding weapons. What should cost more? Infusing an smg into a sniper, or an smg into an smg? How about a high powered handcannon being infused into a precision handcannon, or into another high powered handcannon?

Posting in language:

• I agree. The core economy sucks. Most didn't grind the previous dlcs as much so we don't have the same amount of cores as the people who did. At least let spider sell them for 10 mats or 10 shards.

Posting in language:

• I agree, having the core requirement is just an exercise in frustration, i'd rather keep using the gear I like rather than swapping out sets every time for an upgrade.

Posting in language:

• we didnt all stop - some of us didnt get max 'light' we got max frustration and stopped playing due to having items of crappy looking equipment we wanted to infuse but either no cores or no legendary shards because had to buy cores with them at extortionate prices. i got no problems buying cores. but we should be able to at LEAST be able to sell the stuff we have thousands of to get legendary shards and get more than one legendary shard per transaction of 10 yes purples drop and yes i dismantle most of them and yes i know some of the spiders bounties (which reset weekly not daily!) reward cores now. but you need to mess around on the reef earning ghost fragments to get the bounties? we have to PAY him to dispose of HIS enemies to get a reward??? what kind of -blam!-ed up logic is that? 'you give me $10 so i will tell you where to find my enemy, so you can kill him and i can pay you a core and $1000' sure that makes sense. why not skip the pay you first step?

Posting in language:

• I think they should revamp it, Auto rifle to Auto rifle, Scout Rifle to Scout Rifle no core.... regardless of what type, no core. Armor require cores only if upgrading an Exotic, or allow Class cross upgrading like D1 then require a core.

Posting in language:

• Cores really are hurting things and this is coming from an above average veteran player. They are ruining the power climb just as much as the power climb needs to be revamped. I'd personally like to see Taken King's power system but Im not opposed to the RoI one at all.

Posting in language:

• Reduce the max amount of cores needed to infuse weapons from 10 to 5

Posting in language:

• how is it possible so many people are so bad with resource management? cores are very easy to stockpile, having none is a personal issue that you have full control over.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
        • You're ozt of cores? Then go make spiders bounties or scrap bounties. Or dismantle old masterwork gear.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • i really dont see a problem unless ur always infusing i havent infused a single item until i was 610 to do the forge and really thats all u need u dnt need to infusion since the forge is the only activity that requires an increase in light

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I saw many posts saying "masterwork cores should be for masterworking only." Bungie responded agreeing with us and telling us they would change that. They did exactly what I expected- just changed the name of the item from masterwork to enhancement. Whether they're called "masterwork" or "enhancement" they still do the job of both masterworking and infusion. You tend to experiment with new loadouts a lot less, spending your precious few cores on the reliable weapons. Or, if you are truly enhancement core poor, using weapons you hate. Everything takes so much time now that farming for cores could set you back- you need to be spending time raising your power level. It's a very tight economy.

Posting in language:

• I'd be fine, if there were more ways to acquire cores. x Glimmer = 1 core More quests that reward cores Cores after strikes, crucible, gambit.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Amen!

Posting in language:

• Infusion and masterworking are investment systems. Without a cost there isnt any investment in your gear.

Posting in language:

27 Replies
                • Do you people infuse every single drop you get? Serious question.

Posting in language:

22 Replies
                  • Bump

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon