JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny 2.
Edited by Spawn: 12/7/2018 1:56:44 PM

How can you defend Black Armory launch?

I won’t speak for anyone else, just myself. I understand that this update was meant to drip feed content for months. Yes, I can read. Yes, I understood that there would be no campaign. But, I didn’t realize that I would download the content and have absolutely nothing new to do on day 1. I honestly don’t believe that ANYONE expected to pay and download and then head directly back into the blind -blam!-ing well to do the same old shit they’ve been doing for months. Whether you’re cool with waiting or not, I honestly thought EVERYONE would agree that something exciting should have happened on day 1. But I guess not??? Even after Osiris I was excited to jump into Warmind to get new weapons and armor. But this... this has been the most anti-climactic dlc release ever. If a Zero excitement, wait-and-see approach is the future of dlc, I think I’ll find a new hobby. But, please, if you support this model, tell me why. Because this is probably the worst experience I’ve ever had with a video game, and I’ve played Superman 64. *edit: I appreciate most of the comments. I really wanted to understand how people weren’t disappointed. I can’t say I agree, but at least I understand a little bit better. To me, day 1 of any dlc should be exciting, and this one provided zero excitement. Seems like people who expected nothing on day 1 got what they paid for. I love the excitement of new content, so this model will never be okay with me. To the people who said I couldn’t read or I’m a deadbeat for being sad about $35... I’m sorry you missed the point, but thanks for the bumps. Much appreciated. [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been moved to #Feedback forum so that other Destiny players can weigh in.  [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/139533839/0/0] See Cozmo's thread here[/url] for more information about the #Feedback tag and its uses. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• That’s the nature of fanboys that can’t separate their self identity from a video game: nowhere else will you see consumers defend getting less for their money

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

5 Replies
      It takes more than 4 hours to get from 600 to a solid 604, black armory needed activities to get us up in level. That is what new content does, it brings new activities to play. We all anticipated new stuff and yet were locked out by level disadvantages. Shooting at over-leveled enemies does not count as new content and does not count as a new "challenge". That is where the rage is coming from. If new activities helped level us up, the rage would be misplaced. Bungie needs to plan better, this is their day job. This repetitive game experience is slipping away and watching Bungie struggle is getting old....#HowToLose10mlliongamers

Posting in language:

25 Replies
      • I was just bummed cuz when I had to be 615 or whatever to even complete the first quest she gives us I lost my shit I’m 560 I need new shit to do but if I have to grind old shit let me level up fast increase the soft power cap to 600 so my blues get me up to 600 and the. I can grind milestones and shit to level up from there

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 12/7/2018 1:58:24 PM
        I 'defend' it this way. NOTHING HAPPENS IN A VACUUM. We have a community of players who believe that the game needs to be customized to their personal preferences as a gamers. Bungie over the last 4.5 years has tried to provide us with every spectrum of content. 1. Make the game accessible (vanilla D2) ....the hardcores and content creators blow thorugh the content and then bad mouth the game and Bungie that its too easy and there isn't enough to do. 2. Make the game "aspierational" (that is you have to work up to content, ala' EP Protocol in Warmind) then players with less available play time complain. . Which is what is going on right now. 3. Try to meet somewhere in the middle...and BOTH sides of the player base complains. In short. WE COMPLAIN NO MATTER WHAT BUNGIE DOES. BECAUSE WHATEVER THEY DO IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING THAT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE DOESN'T WANT AND DOESN'T LIKE. Frankly, I'm a daily player....and so having the Forges be power-level 615 just isn't a problem in my eyes. I'm looking for stuff that will keep me playing for months. Not something that I'll blow thorugh in a day, and never play again. In my view---and I posted on this yesterday----is that the community is complaining about a SYMPTOM. The "disease" is the game's broken and misguided progression system that TIME-gates progression by limiting the number of drops you can get to progress your character on a weekly basis...THEN layers RNG (getting the right itmes to drop) on top of the time-gating. THEN bottlenecks the infusion of those items into the gear you want to use by demanding that you use an item (enhancement cores) that are STILL one of the rarest and most difficult to get items int he game. It's completely insane. People wouldnt' have minded 615....if they could have grinded for a few days to get up to that level. But instead people who didn't either get very lucky.....or gamed the system by hoarding powerful drops and bounties leading up to the launch.....are looking at 1-2 weeks of having to grind old content because the game is DESIGNED to prevent you from progressing any faster than that no matter how much you play. Which is terrible design for this kind of game.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • What do you mean there is nothing to do? 1. You can fast travel to the Market in the Tower. 2. You can go see Ada and not buy anything. 3. You can climb up the air vents and get into that little room with the red robot things. 4. You can go to the forge and run out of time. WTF is the matter with you?

Posting in language:

17 Replies
          • I avoided the disappointment by not buying Forsaken or the lackluster annual pass. Actually buy not buying then I've become more satisfied.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • People that are defending the state of this launch are basically saying that they think an arbitrary grind for a bigger number on a screen is “new content”. Because that is basically what we’re being made to believe, that the grind between 600 -625 (or whatever the recommended forge level is) is new content. If the new max cap was only 630 and all actual new content was doable now (albeit harder than attaining max level) would it be any less of an expansion? No. Or alternatively, if the new max cap was 800 and you had to grind for months to be able to play the new stuff, would you say that is more content than we’ve got right now? No you wouldn’t. Light level is just an arbitrary number that offers no inherent gameplay value. There is no point releasing new content if it’s not playable on release. Bungie may as well release all upcoming seasons’ content right now, increase the light level to something silly like 2000 and then power bracket all the different seasons’ content in order so that we can only play it at the time of year they intended - once we’ve grinded the old content as needed over time. Same principle.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
              • I don’t understand why we are getting charged so much for this now. I’m not rich. I really enjoy this game though i am disappointed. I’ve never felt the need to get onto forums to complain about anything but I really feel robbed and left out about everything going on with this update. I’m not even close to using the new content since i’m not at that level yet. Though i’m sure you know what i mean when i feel that bungie owes us something for the way things have been handled in this game. :( i think bungie should try to be a bit different with the way some of these other big game developers have been behaving. I don’t know where to put this so this is where its going.

Posting in language:

• They should have made it like Prison of Elders where there's a low level version that drops normal rewards and a high level version that drops end game gear.

Posting in language:

• I gave some honest feedback on Reddit and got downvoted like hell. There’s a lot of fanboys out there that can’t handle the truth!

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                • You got the mountain top? You got breakneck? You got Luna’s Howl? You got Not Forgotten? You got Loaded Question? You completed the Volundr Forge Machine Gun, Auto Rifle, Armor, and Exotic Quest? Oh, you just have complaints. Got it.

Posting in language:

17 Replies
                  • I am loving this dlc. I am grinding my heart out to build a wholesome collection of auto rifles. So far my best one is.... High caliber rounds, zen moment and rampage. I'm going for all of them.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • I completed it my first time this morning, then completed it two more times after that with a different group for my exotic quest key and another weapon frame. Apparently breaking 610 is the magical number. We had a good plan too though

Posting in language:

• Seeing that you have 2 characters over 605 - if you can't complete the forge that is a you problem - sorry man. Now your post is more thoughtful than most so if you'd like some help I'm happy to talk with you about it privately.

Posting in language:

• Just go away and play Call of Doody. Next time, write a longer post. And to follow up to your novel of a post, no, you can't read......

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • I wasn't disappointed because it was explained to me. This is an addition of "end game" content. It's not a new patrol area, or story, it's end game activities. The forge was not impossible to beat day one. People just need to find their fireteam. We haven't got into the raid yet, or saw the other forges. It may not have the content. I've enjoyed what I've got to play

Posting in language:

• Edited by tsigkanos_2006-: 12/6/2018 11:51:07 PM
                        The dlc actually needed a small storyline because jumping into the black armory and learning that Ada despises guardians without any further explanation on why this is doesn’t make any sense. I really hope the content that will be released and especially the raid will be up to par with the Forsaken content. Always taking a step back.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • I like it because No Man's Sky has been dripfeeding us for months, but we can access it both at endgame AND start game

Posting in language:

• They said it’s not a dlc

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                          • I'll defend the annual pass not Black Armory. Hopefully based off the launch of Black Armory people will learn three things. 1. Get to max light or as close as you can before the season ends. 2. Expect to be drip-fed content for a year instead of TTK where there was nothing. 3. HOPEFULLY Bungie learns that not everyone is max LL so they make activities accordingly. Black Armory isn't necessarily bad, Bungie just didn't level accordingly. Although, we should have forseen this due to Last Wish requirements for Day 1 raid.

Posting in language:

• So I think I figured it out. Notice how everytime they mention the forge power they never specify which forge it is? I think it's because all the forges are the same difficulty. Think about it, you have to activate a forge to build a weapon? But it never specifies which forge. If you didn't need to complete a specific forge than wont people just do the easiest? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Posting in language:

• Topic body

Posting in language:

• You don't. Welcome...to a world without light.

Posting in language:

• I don’t. It sucks. I’m tired of grind focused imagination.

Posting in language:

• I got diablo 3 on xbox one so most of my time has been going there. I'll probably wait I few weeks before I give black forge a try

Posting in language:

• I believe the idea is cool but normal DLC are better. I love stories.

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon