JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
12/5/2018 3:02:45 AM
Praeyx

WHY THE -blam!- IS NO ON TALKING ABOUT THIS??????

When we first enter the Black Armoury and meet Ada she tells us that this place is not meant for Guardians. Now hold on just a damn second, if the Black Armoury is not meant to be visited by guardians, then why the frick is it located in the -blam!-ing tower, literally the place where guardians gather. Secondly, how the -blam!- does a golden age armory exist in the -blam!-ing tower, and we guardians, you know, the ones who own the the tower, not know about this? Like it's literally located a 2 min walk away from the Vanguard Commanders.... How the hell does Spider know about this place in the tower and we don't? How?......
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Because the first rule of Black Armory is you don't talk about Black Armory...

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

12 Replies
    • That is also the first thing I thought. Little weird that it would be right in the tower....

Posting in language:

• Ada: "This place is not meant for Guardians." Guardian: *Pulls small item encased in plastic out of nowhere in complete silence* Ada: *Completely cucks and accepts it* Feels very forced. All they had to do was make it so it was something done out of necessity and not inherently anti-guardian. Instead they went the "Dark and brooding" route that I'm pretty sure is going to feed into that "Destiny 3:Ow the Edge" leak.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Looks like the tower is running it's own dark internet. Very interesting almost as interesting as Now this is a story all about how My life got flipped turned upside down And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air In West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground is where I spent most of my days Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys who were up to no good Started making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared And said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air" I begged and pleaded with her day after day But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket I put my Walkman on and said "I might as well kick it" First class, yo, this is bad Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like? Hmmm, this might be all right But wait, I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, and all that Is this the type of place that they should sent this cool cat? I don't think so, I'll see when I get there I hope they're prepared for the Prince of Bel-Air Well, uh, the plane landed and when I came out There was a dude looked like a cop standing there with my name out I ain't trying to get arrested yet, I just got here I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said 'Fresh' and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought "Nah, forget it, yo holmes, to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to a house about seven or eight And I yelled to the cabbie "Yo holmes, smell ya later" Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

Posting in language:

• The dialogue did seem pretty rushed to me too. Like she was very “get the hell out of here” at first then she has a weak fight with herself about allowing us in. Then she has this dialogue arguing with herself about the predicament we put her in. It all sounds very forced, unnatural. I hope the story pans out more as we continue on. Even though I’ll have to wait to continue because of the ridiculously high power level from the start. Timegating at its finest. I get that it’s a way to keep us coming back, but why make it so difficult, even for people like me that are at 600? The majority of the player base didn’t even make it that far and can’t even come close to touching the forges yet.

Posting in language:

• You forgot 1 other main question... Ada 'You are not welcome here' -Flashes key card- Ada 'oh well fair enough come on in what can i do for you sir' Da fuq?

Posting in language:

• - its not the tower - its still VERY weird that there is a golden age weapon dealer in a military building without the vanguard knowing - Ada needs to let go - who the hell was using those weapons

Posting in language:

• Spider clearly knows about it due to his connections, which he is renown for, he even talks like he knows more than the guardians do. And obviously Ada-1 has been betrayed by the guardians in someway and I’m pretty sure she even mentioned that?

Posting in language:

• Not to mention how this armory wasnt found or this tower wasnt destroyed in the red war... I guess even bungie is pretending the core game never happened.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Its probably because this isn't our tower. Ours was blown up in the red war. The vanguard knows they are here which is why it was sectioned off. If you actually look at the "tower" it is not really a tower just part if the wall.

Posting in language:

• It appears all the factions, vanguard, and vendors rent space from the Black Armory.🤔

Posting in language:

• I agree, its the biggest wtf moment of the entire thing. We just happen to open the new base of operations for guardians over a forge that has been hidden forever. Its just poor writing and their attempt to use assets already built for another purpose.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • More stella writing from the kids in the bungie writing department.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Its because of bad storytelling. Its utterly -blam!-ing ridiculous that armory is under our feet.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • We're not talking about it because we're currently too preoccupied with the fact we can't do anything there. But yes, it's ridiculous.

Posting in language:

• THANK YOU I was just like “Seriously ? The spider has couriers running in and out of here constantly and it’s right next to Ikora “? So you’re telling me an Armory that has never been heard of in the city’s history is just in the wall and no one ,NO ONE ,ever decided to look around that one area that even has a red jack stand and a landing pad I don’t understand why they couldn’t have just said “There’s a secret faction setting up shop in the farm” or in the “EDZ” or something This is so stupid

Posting in language:

• Arguably, it's because when the Armory was built, the Guardians were in the old Tower, which was recently trashed by the Cabal. Then, the Guardians moved to the Black Armory's doorstep, ironically unaware that they were taking up residence next to an ancient Golden age era death factory.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Maybe it's because this isn't the original tower?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • It we stopped nerfing weapons we wouldn't need ba because we would still have great weapons

Posting in language:

• They built a secret location so non-guardians could buy powerful weapons to defend themselves

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • bunch of nit-pickers. It's a secret organization only known to those who HAVE to know. Also did you notice the hidden door guarding the entrance and only opening if you have a special pass given to you by someone who knows? Odd how you decided to overlook that.

Posting in language:

• Dunno, laziness?

Posting in language:

• First thing that came to my mind after the cut scene. Then again this is a shooter/kill sh*t game. So I figure just go kill sh*t. Lol

Posting in language:

• If I am correct the armory was there before we moved in to the new tower, so it makes sense that the vanguard never decided to bust down an apparently normal wall in their new home.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Saw another post about this yesterday. It doesn’t make sense

Posting in language:

• Still kind of wish they made it a bunker inside the farm somewhere to make visiting the farm relevant again.

Posting in language:

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon