JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BraveCole: 12/5/2018 7:39:23 AM

Fanboys defenses, and why this shit is garbage and inexcusable.

Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• You can do it with 3 605s.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• In my opinion they have been open about what they were selling and how much content there is they even have type of calendar. I knew exactly what i was buying when i bought it, of course i want more but i looked at the price tag and what they said they were selling and decided it was fair for me. It seemed better than having a years content drought. They only thing i would say they could have done a little better was just lowering the forge to 605 or 600. just working that one out a bit better thats all but i don't mind grinding the light level a bit i would have been doing it any way and not getting nothing out of it.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
    • It's Bungie what did you really expect? Forsaken was a honeymoon that fell flat in the first month. To expect any amount of quality is completely baffling at this point. You can't just keep giving them money and then act all surprised that the game sucks balls. Its been like this since launch.

Posting in language:

• First off, while it is an expansion in the general gaming community term, you can NOT think about it as an expansion in terms of a Bungie DLC. They have straight up said it is not the same type of expansion that they’ve put out in the past. Secondly, it’s $30 for a years worth of content. Not $10 for three DLCs, not $30 for one. It is $30 for one year’s worth of DLC. That’s it. You need to shift your thinking and see it from a different perspective. Thirdly, from what I’ve seen, Black Armory comes packed with secrets for the community to figure out, for those dedicated enough to try. There’s a lot packed in, but only if you care enough to look for it. I don’t have BA nor do I intend to get the Annual Pass until I hit the 610 range (since the cap is raised to 650 for all Forsaken players). Even so, my opinion is that everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. Y’all complain about how you don’t want to do the same things y’all been doing for weeks, but had BA not come out, guess what you’d be doing for the foreseeable future? The same shite y’all been doing for weeks.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • This is not an expansion. The annual pass is serialized content. Each SEASON is a reset, with the idea being that you work towards unlocking new things and engaging in the new activities AS THEY APPEAR. It's been a day. The ONLY thing I think they dropped the ball on with seasonal content is not doing full vendor refresh for all destinations.

Posting in language:

• Bungie could have made the first forge 600 and then raised the subsequently released forges between 610-640 for example. Good point about the raid, but then opening raid night is catered for streamers and youTubers now. Forget it being a community event.

Posting in language:

• Forge is doable at 600. So not sure the point. If your not good enough to complete it at 600. Then go grind some more.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I played destiny for a long time, even i admit that this is shit.

Posting in language:

• It doesn't cost 30 dollars for Black Armory. That is an incredibly stupid and illogical argument made to make your claims seem legit when there's no substance to it. 30 dollars for nine months of content, delivered over nine months. You cannot judge whether that was worth it from one day of those nine months when a tiny fraction of said content was even available. Yes, you had to pay 30 dollars for the bundle. But there's no way to know if it will be worth it until all that content has been delivered. You knew (or should have known) before you made the purchase that this was the delivery method. If you were uncomfortable with that, you shouldn't have bought it. Seriously, this need for instant gratification is ridiculous, but even on top of that, twisting the facts in order to make your spurious arguments which basically all boil down to "I WANT MY TOYS NOW AND I DONT WANT TO WORK FOR THEM" is inexcusable. You have no one to blame but yourself if you spent your 30 dollars and didn't understand what you were paying for. Bungie has been extremely clear about what they were making, when it was becoming available, and what sort of content it was (end game). Whether you play the content today or next week doesn't change the quality of the content. Maybe you'll like it and maybe you won't, that's not for me to say. But you're still getting what you paid for. It's the same crap people were bitching about when Last Wish first came out. "Wah wah, how dare they release something I'm too low-level to participate in!" Well guess what- just play the damn game and that problem will go away. We have /three months/ of Black Armory, and this will literally only be a problem for the first week. -blam!-ing gamers man, I hate them.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Edited by Shatterday: 12/5/2018 4:31:40 PM
            Edit : Actually just looked and you already have a 605... So it's pretty clear you just here to bitch. I'm just gonna redact my entire post.... [quote]If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings[/quote] Surely you don't expect to be playing season 7 content during season 5 tho...right?

Posting in language:

• [quote]Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.[/quote] Excellently written!

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • Edited by Jubblator: 12/5/2018 4:08:25 PM
              I like how it has even less to offer any newcomer like me, what they suddenly forgot how to make events scale light power wise? I didnt expect the newest and coolest weapons available to me at my light level, but i also didnt expect to get NOTHING for me to do thats new for at least a month due to my power level being at 544. Next time they should instead of artificially caping players out, make em challenging by scaling everyone down to a lower light level (just the intro so you can unlock MOD COMPONENTS PURCHASES FRIGGIN FINALLY).

Posting in language:

• I love how I pay for the DLC and then it comes out and there are ZERO Exotics available at release and so I think "Well I will go do the forge then". BIG MISTAKE. I would have loved to have something to do but NO I have to go grind old trash to be able to play the new stuff. Nice job Bungie you did it again, Anthem is looking better by the minute.

Posting in language:

• The whole games ass backwards compared to other games. You grind to hit 600 and games over. You already seen the whole game getting to 600. They can't comprehend the term End Game .

Posting in language:

• [quote]Defense #3 "This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one." Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an expansion. A terrible one.[/quote] No, now hold up, you can't just change the definition of an "expansion" to meet your point. Its the same as saying any gameplay content addition is an "expansion" according to your. This is the one point where you failed as a point.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Edited by TheWagn: 12/5/2018 3:13:12 PM
                Just level up I think a big mistep bungie took was giving us the pinnacle weapon quests last week. If they came out this week people would perceive them as "dlc" and wouldn't complain so much. The thing is people we are not doing dlc anymore. The annual pass is releasing ENDGAME content over the course of the year that will require higher power. You can literally do anything in the game to grind for power. Just play the game. I think the problem is people just don't like destiny which is fine. Go play a different game. This is becoming a true online mmo that requires dedication. If you don't want to "grind milestones" aka playing the game guess what you don't like destiny MOVE ON and leave our game alone.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Bwah hah hah hah. And this ladies and gents, is why I finally bowed out after vanilla D2 and ignored all the Praise for Forsaken - especially with the recent murmurs that Activision wants to crank up the MTX. All it took was 1 shiny new DLC to get people to forget how awful and shady Bungie has become. Now here with the season pass crap (oh I'm sorry, ANNUAL :P) and it's right back to form - gouging the players and forcing more grinding of existing content and within the 1st hours people are mad. I wanted to see if Bungie could at least go a full year with quality content, to show they may be woth investing in again but looks like they're right back to doing the very things I got fed up with. But go on, keep supporting them, handling over your monet in advance and expecting things to be different. Clearly as long as they throw just a single passable piece of content about once a year or so like Forsaken that gives them a free pass to pull whatever BS they want with you people because they know now at the end of the day more than enough people are willing to throw money at them.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • It’s a subscription service, you clown. Pay attention.

Posting in language:

• Considering what you said about defense 2. [quote]"I only want to go on one ride in that theme park so I think the tickets are over priced"[/quote] That is what you are saying.

Posting in language:

• Edited by bigcorry: 12/5/2018 12:25:01 PM
                    Every content release just highlights the actual issues the game has. Progression is completely on the wrong side of things. We shouldn't be playing for a number, we should be playing to create a character that is as effective as possible. The challenges and rewards should fall in line with that. So challenges that aren't about being at a certain number, and rewards that aren't worth it simply because they are a higher number. That's the madness that this game is surviving off of. It's incredibly boring and not to mention unnecessarily frustrating. Also they still won't help groups get made in game because dumb reasons like "please use our clan feature, and associated [u]web page[/u] we pissed time away on." So things like raids are near non existent. Oh and I find their response to a legitimate complaint in not matchmaking for activities like escalation protocol laughable. They answered by making a newer one that you have to buy. Escalation protocol is still left being bad. Piss off with that, and there are plenty more actual issues with the game going unfixed for years now.

Posting in language:

• At least we can still collect enough motes for a Primeval. . .

Posting in language:

• So what you’re saying is no one cares?

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• [quote]Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in.[/quote] So? You keep playing the game like you have for the last three months. Another week isn't going to kill you. [quote]I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light.[/quote] Where you planning on grinding the forge until 650? I would think it would be obvious given the light level of Last Wish that end-game stuff would require some grinding. [quote]I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even consider grinding the forge.[/quote] So you have to play some parts of the game, to play other parts. Oh no! [quote] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b]THIRTY.[/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. [/quote] Thirty bucks for nine months of new stuff. What you get for thirty dollars has been well documented. New modes like forge, new raids every three months, etc... You played the first mission, that is it. If you are going to whine about content for money you should at least play all of it first. [quote] Defense #3 Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. [/quote] Terrible based on what? You played one story mission out nine months of additions. Get some perspective. A raid every three months alone is worth $10. [quote]More content later, doesn't excuse what we have now. What we have now, is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was yesterday.[/quote] It will be difficult for a week. Probably less if one has multiple characters. [quote]By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the first damn forge.[/quote] The raid comes out Friday. You are having a hissy fit because you will have to play other parts of the game for a few days. [quote]If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair.[/quote] Not fair? How so? Everyone is in the same boat, and you can play the forges your just not good enough to beat them at the your power delta. That will probably last a couple days.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Your first sentence makes whatever you say irrelevant. we are actually unable to complete the first quest this dlc has for us. Even dark below wasn’t like this or prison of elders was completed first day. Curse wasn’t like this either. I’m fine with it being hard but first day and very few people are able to complete forge is a bit disappointing. Should have been tuned for the first week or two to be complete or by the average player then they could tune it up since people will start to mirror its level.

Posting in language:

• Boy, you just cannot deal. Rage master supreme, here. TL;DR- I didn't know what to expect, so now I'm angry. Also Destiny is too hard. And if you don't like hard things, don't buy until we- the beta's- have complained enough to make the game easier.

Posting in language:

6 7 8 9 10 11 12
                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon