JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BraveCole: 12/5/2018 7:39:23 AM

Fanboys defenses, and why this shit is garbage and inexcusable.

Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• #1 You keep logging in to play though?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Bow they dont sell it seperately either. You have to lay 70 bucks down even if you have forsaken already. Because bungitivision.

Posting in language:

• tl:Dr. That's a lot of butt hurt. Let's be real, you're right, there should be new strikes at least. I think how had at least a couple of story missions, and we chased the wolves around, but LL also meant a lot less back then. I want max before it dropped and still ran hm crota. Also, be honest, if the fastest way to level up was the old milestones we'd all be doing them because maximizing our power is all of our goals. You're complaining about having to do something we'd all probably be doing anyway. Complaining that you have to do something most of us expected to do anyway. I didn't just run archons forget when roi came out, and u didn't expect that here either. Did you really? The drip feed content may turn out to be good, but this first week when we're getting that instead of the torrent we're used to getting is going to suck.

Posting in language:

• Free games offer better [b]free[/b] DLCs (looking at you, Deep Rock Galactic)

Posting in language:

• Wow, lots of butt hurt people on here....I’m not saying this dlc is good or bad...but wow, you guys gotta chill out a little lol

Posting in language:

• I am, like most people disappointed with how BA launched. However, I will not place my final judgement on this expansion until January 8th because that's when Niobe Labs opens and all the Forges are available and we will all be close to max light. I recommend people do the same. Complaining won't change how the "dlc" launched.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Bungie made it abundantly clear what the upcoming content would be like. Blame yourself for not paying attention.

Posting in language:

• Got to be honest, I’m exhausted from this kind of shit, the artificial difficulty to milk us. No respect for our time. Release new content and cannot play said content, makes sense. Today is the first day I have felt like not playing and had the thought of quitting all together, pisses me off because I love the game, but it’s just more of the same. This is truly turning into a game for only sweats, which is a small portion of the community by the way Bungie.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Brosef Stalin: 12/5/2018 6:31:14 PM
      Salt. You can absolutely clear the first forge at 604 light.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • I am surprised you took the time to post this, being 606 and all. I bet most of the people complaining here will be playing it just the same.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • Furious complaints. 606 light lol.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Thank you, seems that people have more common sense on the forums here. There are just a bunch of Bungie defenders over on reddit that turn a blind eye to these anti consumer/player tactics they pull.

Posting in language:

• It’s a supplement to Foresaken. They always said the Foresaken stuff was going to remain relevant. But my guess is when we start doing Ada’s bounties (like Petra’s) that’s where we get the larger jumps. People are just mad they assumed on what the dlc would be, while bungie was very straight forward on what it was going to be. I’ll be very interested to see if clans can get powered up in enough time to get the raid completed on Friday.

Posting in language:

• My dude. Those are what are called straw man arguments. If you had been following along with bungo and watched the vidocs, you’d know that this is exactly what they promised us

Posting in language:

10 Replies
            • If last wish actually gave out power gear, I would be cool but this +2 crap is getting old fast

Posting in language:

• Defense #5 and the shut down argument of them all. Look at their road map for the new content. Look at specifically the part under the season pass, now tell me. Do you see ANYTHING ANYWHERE that says new story, new missions, or even new adventures? Nope.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
              • Edited by Slushy: 12/5/2018 3:47:41 PM
                I find it interesting that despite them literally laying out a roadmap/calendar that details every bit of content we can expect, people didn't temper their expectations accordingly. This isn't a defense; I am simply highlighting a recurring theme within the Destiny community. If you were expecting a Forsaken-like DLC.....LUL This whole situation has really become a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of thing.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • The hive mind chat room in Goth's twitch channel is pretty much unbearable. Anyone who even hints that there's a problem with it will be instantly attacked. Do NOT try to refute people who say that it's only $10 with the fact that it was actually $30 upfront for content you can't yet play. In my case, I just didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to play it yet. That's on me, I suppose. Had I known that or realized that, I wouldn't have paid $30 for stuff I can't even access / use yet. I would have waited. Lesson learned however. Having said that, there will be things released in the next few weeks that will hopefully justify my pre-purchase.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                  • Dont feel too bad, I popped $80 for the annual pass, and yes, I am really pissed off about the same exact issues you are. I agree with you.

Posting in language:

• My wife doesn't even play video games and said this sounded stupid after I explained it. What annoys me the most is that after we get a set of gear high enough to so these forges, we will have to continue grinding milestones to bring our other gear up to have weapon variety at the new level. Then in March, do it again... and again in the summer before we get an actual DLC that would actually warrant a level increase that parallels substantial content. This is literally just padding play time.

Posting in language:

• Completely agree again I got my refund so I expect my PlayStation account but as long as it's not to Bungie or Activision I am happy I will not be buying anything I don't care how much they apologize I don't care what they give us for free. Even if Destiny 3 is free is free i wont be supporting this type of behavior

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Looks doable to me.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Tr00p3r_hr: 12/5/2018 4:08:54 PM
                      Of course they forced everyone to pay $35 up front. Can you imagine how pathetic the sales would've been for the next one if this sad trash was separate? Talk about Activision being unhappy :D

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • #1 defense: “It’s endgame” All the defenders are using this as their rally call. BA phonetically is “baa”. Coincidence? I think not.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                        • If you didn’t know what you were buying, then I don’t know how you make it through life, man. Anyone with half a brain saw this coming.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                          • You can do it with 3 605s.

Posting in language:

5 6 7 8 9 10 11
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon