JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BraveCole: 12/5/2018 7:39:23 AM

Fanboys defenses, and why this shit is garbage and inexcusable.

Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Dumb casuals and why this shit is garbage inexcusable.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • [quote]Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b]THIRTY.[/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE.[/quote] I loved this lol... I felt every bit of those words. And you are absolutely right.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • As StarStriker7 mentioned in a reply below, does your response to defense #2 mean that joker’s wild and penumbra are free?

Posting in language:

• Yhea, this dlc is boring, worst I don't know wath they do to the blind well you can't find people in it anymore 4/10 to this crap

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Don't think it ever put such a bad taste in your mouth huh? I invite to go way back to 1 month into launch. Nowadays I'm lucky to get ten hours in ten days. But, I used to be a daily player of D1 since launch so I understand both sides of this. You have an excellent point. One that is lost on casuals or seldom players like myself, for us the content is already a grind so this has a small impact.

Posting in language:

• It’s drip-fed grind. Typical.

Posting in language:

• I have not bought this dlc yet. Convince me to buy it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Its been changed congrats you and others should be happy

Posting in language:

• Well they changed it, happy?

Posting in language:

2 Replies

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Yeah bc spending 1 extra “week” to level up is so hard boohoooo. Suck it up princess.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Defense 4 not adequately refuted.

Posting in language:

• you forgot one defense "BuT mUh EnD gAmE"

Posting in language:

• Tbh I wish we could just pay for raids. Like say there's free add on content every month and it's like 5 dollars if a new raid comes out to play it. I would have paid 5 for the raid and 5 for the Penumbra raid and the rest would have been just add on stuff that should be added anyway. People still buy silver on occasion so that should be enough. I don't care if -blam!-in Activision is displeased with sales. Publishers will always be displeased with sales unless they have -blam!-in FIFA ultimate team and that shit is why people are going after EA for gambling in the first place. Some idiots showed them you make far more money with cheap add on shit and every publisher/ their developers since has been copying it to make their sales look great, to make stock traders impressed, etc.

Posting in language:

• Sorry guys, not allowed to defend an expansion, oh I'm sorry DLC, at day one because you're a "fanboy" if you are one of the minority in wanting to make a final verdict on the DLC after it's all come out. Yes I understand it's annoying having to grind out to like 615? Power level just to not get one tapped in the forge, but the forges ARE LITERALLY USED TO FORGE NEW "POWERFUL" WEAPONS so don't be surprised if you can't run through everything 30 mins after starting BA. But I do think this is partially the communities falt on why destiny 2 is going to sh*, bungies honestly trying to find a middle ground on grind/rewarding, as atrocious of a job their doing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    Ram the Socket
                    Ram the Socket

S o c k e t s - old

This would’ve probably been better as an April Update styles thing rather than sold and branded as a ‘DLC’. Regardless of what promises were kept and how we were ‘told’ about what we were getting, it is an undeniable fact that what we’ve been given is one of the most deprived pieces of content so far. Maybe it could be justified with the old ‘well, heard gonna update it in time anyway so there is no issue’, but that a big problem in itself. Bungie brings to little too slow, or a big DLC with the worst follow up ever. The fact is that the time it takes to do stuff is too slow. Rather than making meaty content all at once, which would work if they knew what they were doing, they trickle it in. It undeniably keeps updates regular, but those updates may not have anything of substance. *’DLC’ - it seems there are some who do not class it as a DLC. As far as I’m concerned, it is definitely Downloadable content. -‘told’ - the only crucial details of the DLC were only given a handful of days beforehand, not really giving much time for second thoughts. Loving the explanation of what an annual pass is though (thought it was fairly obvious tbh).

Posting in language:

• Right on point

Posting in language:

• Just play the game or don’t

Posting in language:

• Yeah, having to grind for more light score is annoying, but in the end we'll still be playing since it's the only way to get the latest gear.

Posting in language:

• Wait. It's 30 dollars for non expansion pass people?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Negative feedback all day. Woho that’s why I come to the forums to breath in the steam of negativity. It’s so good 😊. All the negative vibes and feedback. Worst community I’ve ever encountered.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • It's clear that I'm in the minority, but I feel we got what was advertised. On a side note, I wasn't going to get the pass as I fully understood what we were going to get, and I didn't feel it was worth the price. Technically, I didn't buy the pass, it was a small gift from my wife. Classic non-gamer mistake. She misunderstood why I wasn't getting it, and saw an opportunity to do something nice. My point? We got what was advertised, but in my opinion, I don't feel it was worth the price. 20 dollars would have been more appropriate.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • I'll put this whole annual pass with current content roll out as shrewd bossiness decision by Bungie . Before you start getting the torches and pitchforks out hear me out. They constructed the BA, took a look as it and after internal and external feedback went.....uhhhh we can't roll this out as individual content for 10 bucks on its own it will be previewed by several channels and likely tossed straight under the bus. Which currently it kinda is. If they did and with the current BA reception the other two released would be in jeopardy in terms of purchase, so they bundled it ala Trojan Horse. And they rolled it right to the door and through the door. Are people pushing back yes, and I suspect Bungie knew well that it would be pushback. So really for us that haven't bought the annual pass the correct approach is to continue to play level up then buy annual pass later on when its more accessible power level wise and play it through when it doesn't look quite as daunting power level wise. I admit it sucks for those who bought it up front but take this as lesson for D3 and exercise more caution when purchasing anything that bundled over long period of time.

Posting in language:

• Writing in the forums counts as being a fanboy. Neeeeeeeerd!

Posting in language:

• Edited by LiquidDrumming: 12/5/2018 9:20:08 PM
                          Well, yeah the problem is people are always willing to defend the indefensible. But we're all responsible for this at this point anyway. We keep buying these DLCs as much as we keep complaining. I responded to a comment yesterday on a Call of Duty BlackOps 4 review on YouTube. The guy defended that game being sold for full $60 retail price even though they gutted the campaign. His defense was no one plays CoD for the campaign. It's not a good defense. CoD is clearly not the epitome of story telling, but it's still gutted content and they still pushed full retail price regardless. I don't understand how people keep defending this. Destiny 2's problems aren't new. If anyone learned anything from Destiny 1, you guys would see that Destiny 1 needed multiple DLCs to even begin to finally have a coherent story and substance within the game. Destiny 2 got their base campaign story right, but that's it. So why is everyone still so surprised? And then people even talk about hoping Destiny 3 will be better. If you guys buy Destiny 3 after all of this, you deserve what you get.

Posting in language:

• Completely agree.

Posting in language:

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon