JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BraveCole: 12/5/2018 7:39:23 AM

Fanboys defenses, and why this shit is garbage and inexcusable.

Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Ppl with opinions different from yours isn't a fanboy or if that the vase then you would just be a hater. Food for thought .Well they are right this content itself is roughly 12 dollars but the issue you can only get black armory if you buy the full package. I do agree they should of sold it individually. As ppl are saying it adds on to end game content so expect not to play end game content until you've raised your power level. If you have the right team and set up then this is possible to do even with a 30 power level difference. Of course it will be a struggle. I wonder if skyburner oath will make a difference. I might have to test this out.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

Whopping Dingers
    Whopping Dingers

Dbag blues, howl, coil...how refreshing - old

I felt annoyed because I felt I had just been sold the last three months again, only in say another month or two i'll get different rewards. Buy oh well, I got exotics to chase so I'll just keep doing what I've done for the last three months. It's a shame there isn't any hint of catalysts either...my wishender needs orbs on multi.

Posting in language:

• First time I've actually really felt truly robbed was with this annual pass. Curse of osiris was bad, but there was atleast something to do. I've been for the most part a good supporter of bungie, some things have annoyed me but for the most part I've enjoyed the game. This is next level BS though people defending this are moronic.

Posting in language:

• Sadly enough i already bought the DLC wanting to play shit and actually get past 580+ and have a fun time. I agree with everyone on the forums who agree this is the worst DLC yet. I actually stopped playing because of that hamster wheel a month or a month and a half ago. It got boring and just stupidly repetitive.

Posting in language:

• The forge was said to be an end game activity. The power level was raised to 650. The boss of this forge is 630. This is end game content like they said. The point of armory was to add more gear and some new end game things to do. And the point of the annual pass is to trickle out content on an almost weekly basis. They were 100% up front about all of this and what the dlc wouldn't have. They told us what they were attempting with the pass. aka a new way to support the game rather than focusing on chunky expansions. People are treating this like a traditional DLC from Bungie when it's not. I can understand the feeling of content drought. But there is no perfect solution here. Better games than destiny that have much more content than destiny still have this issue. How much is enough varies depending on the player and thus can't be accurately accounted for. People like me have 12 ish hours a day of free time. Some only have 1. It's hard to balance content for that. You payed 30$ as an investment. I don't think you can compare this fairly to other dlc's from Bungie. It's not a fair comparison. The point of the dlc was to add extra things to do in D2's current end game loop. It has done this. It was not another major dlc drop to give us something to gorge ourselves on. If everything were available right now for black armory and you could push through it at 600 you'd be sitting here complaining about not enough content and it was too easy to do.

Posting in language:

• You have good points, personally I’m torn between my feelings on the grind, but I was kind of pissed I had to raise my light to just to be significant one the second wave. I didn’t find the 615 wave hard, but I did find it irritating, in the sense that I was getting one punched. Either way, I still agree with you, but I’ll will push on, and next time I will not buy DLC early, but that’s not to say I won’t buy DLC at all.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dedicated Server: 12/5/2018 7:22:00 AM
    My favorite so far is defense #3. One guy is going around saying it’s not a dlc!? Like what the -blam!-? Is it content you had to download? Yes it is. By definition that is DLC. I guess you can kinda expect at this point the BDF come out of nowhere for every awful DLC. So happy I didn’t buy this, it’s not like I don’t have the money, it’s just a waste of money.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
    • Imagine being such a filthy casual you can't even farm for one more week to get your light past 605.

Posting in language:

• Very good summary.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Sarges24: 12/5/2018 12:05:53 PM
      I will say that Bungie doesn't realize just how tedious or old leveling up all the time has become across D1 to D2. Or they just don't care or don't have an answer on how to release content... wait, they definitely don't know how to release content. Having said that the level cap constantly increasing needs to stop. It's just plain old, tedious and not necessary. MMORPGs often come with a level cap increase but only during an Expansion. The current model for Bungie and Destiny 2 is Expansion then DLC. Only in the Fall when the Expansion drops should there be a level cap increase. Everything else should be tailored to that cap. The grind should be about acquiring gear, the game should be about enjoying and having enough end game content along with trivial and meaningful updates to keep players engaged. But Bungie can't figure or doesn't want to figure this balance out. The above kind of gets at #3. The fact is the Season Pass is not an Expansion. It's DLC. Some might not recognize the difference or distinguish them as two completely different things. They are. Now Bungie has never been very generous in their Expansions going back from D1 all the way to up Forksaken. Then again they've never really been generous with the base game either offering very little to keep player engaged and not creating enough play space/end game content out the box.... Back on point, that's precisely what the Fall update brings, an expansion. Osiris, Warmind and now the Season Pass with Black Armory, Jokers Wild, etc are all DLC. Though one could argue that the lack of content in the Fall could label even that as DLC. They should be looked at as two different things. Expansion and DLC. As for the content itself. Anyone expecting much didn't do their homework. Bungie said the season pass and it's DLC would be smaller than the expansions and not include new worlds, etc. I get the complaints about it being hard but at the same time this content wasn't meant to be beaten day 1. Perhaps last week they should have lifted the level cap to allow players to level up and prepare for Day 1. In the future maybe they'll take that into consideration. Because nothing sucks more than getting a new shiny toy and needing to charge it or not having the batteries to use it. Which is essentially what's happening. here's your toy but now you have to charge up your Titan/Warlock/Hunter 15-40 levels before actually being able to clear The Forge.... Having said that I'm a sucker who started Destiny day 1, bought all it's Expansions and DLCs day 1, felt incredibly ripped off with each one. I stormed through the atrocious release they called D2 and it's DLC. Even though it should have been free after the atrocity of D2 I broke down and bought Forsaken on sale and by default about 2 months ago. Yet again felt, while great, the content didn't justify the entry price. Much of what made it great were changes that never should've been made between D1 and D2. And I've never been a fan of this new strategy Bungie rolled out of having two different packages annually. One for the Expansion in the Fall, $40. Then another $35 for the DLC throughout the season. Much as it disgusts me at end of the day it's hard not to justify that, yeah, $10 is likely getting 50-100+ more hours out of the game; at least for me should I purchase the season pass which I'm tempted and likely to at this point. Unfortunately these are the exact content drops that we should be getting while forking out the $40-50 annually, in the Fall.

Posting in language:

• Biggest crime of this dlc is that it's just really boring. 'Boring' isn't the new 'hotness' Bungie.

Posting in language:

• 🚼🚼🚼

Posting in language:

• Ffs you are the biggest fanboy of them all. I remember all your sobbing posts back at the start of d2. And you still continue to buy their products. Then have the nerve to call other people fanboys. -blam!- off with your bullshit.

Posting in language:

• tbh all i think they should do is lower the light on forge to start at 590 and end at 610 a 10 increase each level for the first forge release anyway

Posting in language:

• And here is how it could of worked, with 0 changes to the DLC we recieved..... Made 605 LL possible last week. Getting to 605 this week, I think We can all agree, is possible/probable. So with an extra week to grind, 610 would of been attained easily this week Problem solved.

Posting in language:

• You paid $10 so far in total yes $30 but right now at this very moment your getting $10 worth. Ending of the summer would be your $30 worth, not bad I guess little snip bits here and there. Dawning is about 50 cents to $5 worth new weapons and armor are 60 cents each

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Well guess Last Wish should be 10 power. Can't play it right off the bat, Bungie is robbing me.

Posting in language:

• "What can I get for Ten Dollars" ... "Annnnything you want"

Posting in language:

• Spot on mate

Posting in language:

• I've beat the lighting of the forge 3 times and still has not updated the quest step. Just gonna go back to the grind I suppose.

Posting in language:

• Fanboys are on their own. The gaming press is already critical. Good luck trying to flog the AP with the negativity and critical reviews.

Posting in language:

• Who ever defends this shit show needs putting down

Posting in language:

• Mad cos bad 👍

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Yes, speak up brother. This us inexcusable.

Posting in language:

• Good post. I hope something changes.

Posting in language:

• No defence from me and I’ve put the hours in over the yrs and I cannot defend this shit show

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon