JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BraveCole: 12/5/2018 7:39:23 AM

Fanboys defenses, and why this shit is garbage and inexcusable.

Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I think I know what they did put in your mouth haha xD

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Sounds like someone failed to temper their expectations accordingly. If you’re more into the traditional DLC, that’s great! But I’m gonna be straight with you chief, this ain’t it. Personally, I’m looking forward to regular updates and a consistent schedule of newer things to look forward to.

Posting in language:

• You’re exactly right same cost as rise of iron and the d2 year one dlc. The activity is one thing but to not bring a whole suite of new weapons for every vendor and faction is unacceptable. We literally are getting year one weapons dropped with random rolls in the forge like who thought it would be right to charge $40 for content I already paid $100 for. And yeah I know it’s “for the year” but in actuality so was rise of iron and the taken king. Both the April update and age of triumph were FREE. BUNGIE still hasn’t learned and is destroying the game daily.

Posting in language:

• Bump. 100% truth

Posting in language:

• I like how when we all reach 640-650 we will have completely forgotten about this.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Fan boys are nuts when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Posting in language:

• This is what's happening, not enough destiny you tubers are speaking up and reddit people are sucking bungie' dick

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Agree very much.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.[/quote] So what you are saying is "you want it now". Then makes post "This dlc is trash,no content beat forge in the first hour,all weapons done in first week". We have a bunch of entitled brats play a video game that are clueless as to what they want. Good luck in life

Posting in language:

10 Replies
        • Is it even possible that someone could be this mentally disabled?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Rise of Iron was $30 as well and made up most of a years worth of content save a few holiday events. So... same same but different?

Posting in language:

• You should petition for a dlc that you pay 5 dollars for. It unlocks every exotic and legendary and boosts your power level automatically with every content drop and expansion. It will also automatically unlock all triumphts and vanity items upon purchase. Maybe then we won't have to listen to people complain about not getting everything first day.

Posting in language:

17 Replies
            • Lol oh yes you told me... ohh whatever will i do a player complains about other players. Whatever your opinion on this dlc is fine. Myself i have no problems with it. Why because my expectations led me to believe that this dlc was going to be for Endgame. This isnt a dlc like the others where you have a set story missions then thats it. If they had this like warmind or osirus players would still be complaining.

Posting in language:

• Funny, because its not an expansion

Posting in language:

• Would it have been better if black armory had 5 shitty story missions that you didn't like and never played again, some expensive cutscenes(that's where the money goes) had a new strike, a patrol zone that you only go to once every 4-5 weeks for the Flashpoint, and only the horde mode (it probably wouldn't have a raid), and cost you $20? Not trying to be a shill fanboy apologist, just asking a realistic question

Posting in language:

24 Replies
              • The worst part is that you can't even unlock the forge vendor until you beat it the first time. So I can't use the new DLC vendor for a solid 2 weeks because my light isn't high enough to complete the forge. So dumb.

Posting in language:

• Damn, you beat me to this! I was going to compose the same shit and post it! Spot on man.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Handed in 30 bounties a few was powerful, done 3 last wish chests and a full run picked up clan engrams ikoras... was 600 after all those I'm now 604 🤦‍♂️

Posting in language:

• Well said. Bungie dropped the ball with this expansion. All they had to do was put the power level of the first forge at 575. Then people could have played that as well as the old milestones as they levelled up to tackle the next forge. There’s a massive disconnect between Bungie and the majority of their playerbase.

Posting in language:

• My favourite excuse is ‘so you can just blast through all the content in a single day’.. no, I’d like to maybe play some of the content I’ve paid for on launch day.. I couldn’t care if other forges are higher power, I’d like to play the first forge of the first -blam!-ing mission so I can at least unlock Ava’s -blam!-ing inventory.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                  • Why is it I'm always separated by console when I see individuals. *Sadness overwhelms*

Posting in language:

• It literally is stupid that people defend this honestly, In the past, we had content like this on destiny 1, was horrible managed, and it was short, but guess why it didnt had that much backlash as this one.... cause it was free, thats right this time they screwed everyone. they basically are giving us what it used to be the aprils update into a paid wall, so dont even try defend them this time.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Well said. Shutdown those fanboys

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • [i][quote]They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars.[/quote][/i] I can agree with this. If the updated content is really good, let it sell like crazy. If it is poorly designed and leaves a horrible first impression, let players skip it and come back when Bungie gets their act together. This approach shouldn't bother the hardcore addicts since they want everyone not as dedicated as them to get out anyway. I presume the approach would bother Activision, which means it would probably also bother Bungie when "dad" comes calling with the belt.

Posting in language:

• Dude ... calm your tits. I played for 2 hours yesterday and Im allready 604 .. with some luck and 2 characters by Friday I will have done the forge multiple times. I don't see why all the rage ... it's endgame content. It's not even that since by next week everyone will be 615+ and the forge will be a joke and we will be waiting for the next one.

Posting in language:

• Ppl with opinions different from yours isn't a fanboy or if that the vase then you would just be a hater. Food for thought .Well they are right this content itself is roughly 12 dollars but the issue you can only get black armory if you buy the full package. I do agree they should of sold it individually. As ppl are saying it adds on to end game content so expect not to play end game content until you've raised your power level. If you have the right team and set up then this is possible to do even with a 30 power level difference. Of course it will be a struggle. I wonder if skyburner oath will make a difference. I might have to test this out.

Posting in language:

8 9 10 11 12 13 14
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon