JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BraveCole: 12/5/2018 7:39:23 AM

Fanboys defenses, and why this shit is garbage and inexcusable.

Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• The tl;dr you failed to include was that you like to cry about meaningless things a lot But let’s get down to it. You’re pissed that you can’t play the forge straight away right. Because how awesome would it be if you could switch on and go straight there as soon as download completes and grab all that new gear I mean I’d be so happy with that, then I could turn it off, rush back here and cry like a toddler because there’s no content Here’s the problem, because bungie in their infinite wisdom decided to listen to morons like you, they did stuff you didn’t deserve and that nobody asked for Now because of that, you all think that crying is going to help continue this trend, which it will, but every time it does, destiny as a whole gets that little bit worse. That little bit more unplayable. That little bit further away from what it was and is supposed to be. And all to try keep self entitled little pee stains like you happy

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

6 Replies
    • Black Armory feels like you're paying to play Escalation and Blind Well

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Just watching in amazement at how many times the people who are still playing can be fooled by pretty much the exact same thing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by mayo68: 12/6/2018 12:14:23 PM
          Man I love the new model since Osiris. Here's how I do it... 1. Wait for content drop and enjoy all the responses and banter. That is a solid week of forum content right there to start. 2. Wait for it to go on sale after new sales tank due to incompetent planning for said content. 3. Purchase said content on the cheap after the major bungie fluck ups have been fixed and enjoy. Conclusion... If you just stay approximately a month or two behind new content, you will get it cheaper (probably what it's really worth) and enjoy a more refined installment.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Edited by dtdionne: 12/7/2018 5:55:19 PM
            They lost their way when they ran Joe and Marty off in 2014. What we are and have been witnessing since that time is an epic giant stumbling and stammering around, blind, slowly starving to death. And oh my goodness has it been painful to watch. Bungie will be Activisions soon, they don’t have many more contractual goals left to miss before Activision owns 51%. RIP Bungie RIP

Posting in language:

• Edited by Varzin: 12/7/2018 5:32:32 AM
            Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Consider it from this perspective, many people are incapable of forming an appropriate opinion of the new content because they literally can't play it yet even though it's been released. Any veteran could tell you that every other Destiny DLC/Expansion eased players into the grind with starter content to get the ball rolling. The closest example I can think of is House of Wolves' Prison of Elders. PoE had multiple activities with increasing light level requirements. Most Destiny players could access and enjoy at least the lowest level activity on release or with minimal grinding to catch up. This is how it's always been, we had no reason to think BA would be any different. If there's an argument to be made here it's that Bungie didn't properly communicate what the Forge would require in terms of light level. Calling it "endgame content" doesn't accomplish this, that term has gotten thrown around so much it's lost any real meaning. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] I expected to be able to play the content I paid for. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to jump right in on the day it released. If Destiny was a more traditional RPG with a simpler leveling mechanic I'd agree that people should just level up and get to it later. However leveling up in Destiny can be a grueling task spanning long stretches of time depending on time available, willingness to play, and damn luck. You also have to consider that constantly evolving games like Destiny live and die on the idea of "being there when it happens". Eventually BA, like every new piece of content before it, will become irrelevant. Having to spend potentially weeks of time grinding just to get started means missing out on the time of peak activity and relevance. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Semantics. It doesn't matter what you call it, the amount of content isn't the issue, I'm pretty sure most people understood that these would be small expansions. The problem is the accessibility of what little content there is. To the point of terminology, too much value is being placed on the terms DLC and Expansion. Both are very generic terms that were never intended to imply the scope of the content held within. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] Again, this doesn't address the problem. BA's grind curve is practically a 90° shear wall. Every other Destiny content drop eased the player up to a point of self-sufficient grinding [i]within[/i] new content, not before it. We had no reason to believe BA would be any different.

Posting in language:

• How much more are you going to bitch and moan? The fact that you basically wrote a short story of you crying about black armory and not getting what you wanted is quite pathetic lol yikes

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • I mean. You saw the roadmap. You KNEW what you were getting and when.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              • A good BraveCole post for once ;)

Posting in language:

• Well, people who haven't bought the update yet but who own forsaken can increase their power to 650, so they can keep doing the same milestones for 2-3 weeks or however long it takes to get to 625-630, then buy the annual pass. There's not really a difference in gameplay between the two, as both owners of the annual pass and people like I described above will be playing forsaken content until they are at a level to complete the forges. Personally, I'm disappointed that the first Forge is 610-630, as I was expecting to get at least one black armory weapon on the first day, but I still find a lot of stuff to do in Destiny without feeling bored. Maybe it's because I'm in college and only play about 10-12 hours a week, so I'm a bit behind on the grind compared to most. Anyway, I'm enjoying D2 right now, and I'm stoked for the new stuff I'm gonna get to do when I level up more

Posting in language:

• Lol, seven hours in and you're still at powerful enemy kills. I grabbed Thunderlord, and took advantage of the Mars flashpoint. Did escalation protocol. Had all quest steps past the initial Fallen weapon core done on that planet within half an hour. Then you work on getting powerful engrams like you would any other week. Once you're close to 610 completing the forge should then be more manageable for the average player. 👌

Posting in language:

• Is it bullshit... Yes. Should they have done it like this... No Have they learned to not introduce their new content like this... Yes Once you beat it the first time it gets pretty easy afterwards. Just be glad that they learned from their mistakes and wont do the next DLC like this.

Posting in language:

• How does the kitty go?

Posting in language:

• Its been only 2 days are you are already trying to wipe through the content.

Posting in language:

• Definition of dlc, as per google Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game. It is distributed through the Internet by the game's official publisher. Downloadable content can be of several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to a new, extensive storyline, similar to an expansion pack. Definition of expansion the action of becoming larger or more extensive.

Posting in language:

• Actually, Rise of Iron costed $30. But otherwise, I agree.

Posting in language:

• Edited by ShAnK311: 12/6/2018 6:23:14 PM
                First, let me say I appreciate your command of written language. I could read it effortlessly, and not have to reread anything, or cringe at spelling, grammar, etc. Okay. #1: Valid criticism? [b]MAYBE.[/b] The content of the annual pass was advertised as endgame pursuits. As of Dec 4, the new max light is 650, not 600. I think a few days of doing powerful gear challenges before engaging in a new ENDGAME activity is not entirely unreasonable as 600 light is no longer the max. #2: Valid criticism? [b]NO.[/b] If you buy a magazine subscription, it does not mean that you paid the entire subscription fee for that first magazine you get. You pay a subscription fee, and you get something new each month, or each quarter, or whatever. Based on my calculation, the relative cost of Black Armory is $11.67. Secondly, many people bought D2 and the Season Pass together. They paid $90-100 for this package. Could they play D2, Osiris, and Warmind right away? Of course not. This may also give them a chance to make tweaks to other Black Armory components yet to come out due to player feedback about what is already in our hands. #3: Valid criticism? [b]I DON'T KNOW[/b] This comes down to semantics. Is it an expansion? Is it a DLC? What is it? To me, it is paying for premium, periodic updates with additional things to do that non-pass owners cannot access. I guess it expands the game. I guess it is content, and you download it. The only thing I know is, it's not what we're used to. Let's give it some time and see what it's like. #4: Valid criticism? [b]NOT REALLY.[/b] See response for #1. It won't take long in terms of light level grind to get to where you can beat the first forge and still be challenged. I assume you have stuck with D2, Expansions I and II, Forsaken, and bought the Annual Pass because something about the game is fun for you and keeps you coming back. You mention the "milestone hamster wheel." And you're right. That's basically the core of the game. Just keep playing, if you think it's fun, and the content will come. That's all I got. Good luck!

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • Bump. 100% agreed

Posting in language:

• Edited by SaintVictorious: 12/6/2018 7:03:27 PM
                  Threads like this prove my point, Bungie has no idea what middle ground is. The pendulum has fully swung from super casual to obnoxiously hardcore over the past year.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DarkfireFRP: 12/6/2018 10:58:12 PM
                  i don't have a problem with it... it let's me play other games. I get that for some players this is a main game and expected moderate content(bad move by bungie) but it gives me an excuse to play this game for the long haul.

Posting in language:

• Downvoted

Posting in language:

• Like I get it’s your money and you can spend it however you like. But remember, the more money you give Bungie the more they feel like they don’t need to change any major aspects of the game. It’s a business. True change will come when no one buys their dlcs. It sucks veteran players paid $100 + maybe more from D1 up to now. But now I decided to stop. I’m a veteran. I was there yelling at the top of my lungs when I got Vex Mythoclast and Ghjally. That was when Destiny meant something. I just wish they added more than take stuff away and resell it and recycle it. I agree with this post. I just want Bungie to succeed. I’m not hating at all.

Posting in language:

• Yes, it is an expansion, but they made it very clear that this is not in the same model we are used to. They stated it many times. Especially in the vidoc. I can't understand the pricing thing. I get it. But I understand the other side too. You paid 30 for 9 months of content. That started Tuesday with the release of the first forge. No arguing that there should have been something right out the gate. That was definitely botched. When I finally jumped into the forge I had a blast. Should continue to be fun. But the fact that it's gated behind higher power is lame. Your arguments, while valid, are also in some cases just one side of a discussion. And the advice to not buy until later is always an option, but the way they are setting up the game, if you wait until June to buy the annual pass, you won't even want to play half the old stuff because there will be way too much to do. You are paying to play it along the way.

Posting in language:

• Was really excited for this DLC, liked the theme a lot. Was really disappointed when I got on and did the same stuff I had before to get power levels so I could go do the [i]one thing[/i] they added in. Forsaken actually lasted me quite awhile, and I’m a guy who puts in 10+ hours a week on the game. This DLC didn’t even give me something to do on the [i]first day[/i]. Bungie, this is a joke. This whole “weekly content releases” is stupid. People pay thirty plus bucks and can’t even get a [i]days[/i]worth of new content out of it because they need to grind the old stuff to get light.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I have been a Destiny shill forever. This time it is different. I have been known to take off from work for new Destiny expansions/content releases. I didn't this time. If I did, I would be absolutely furious (at least a bit more than I am now). Would have been great to take off work to literally do the same sh!t I have been doing the last three months. We only have to go up 50 this time, but my first four "powerful" engram turn ins were 602, 602, 602 annnnnnnd......602. Bungie seriously just can't get out of their own way. So flipping frustrating.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • They told you that it wasn't going to be a DLC. You didn't listen. You are unhappy because you failed to adjust your expectations to what it was that Bungie clearly said they intended to make. Not because Bungie somehow failed to deliver on what they promised. Your unhappiness is your fault. If I invite you to my house for a steak dinner, and I prepare steak....I'm not responsible for the fact that you wanted fish. Especially when I told you that steak was on the menu.

Posting in language:

151 Replies
                      1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon