JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BraveCole: 12/5/2018 7:39:23 AM

Fanboys defenses, and why this shit is garbage and inexcusable.

Defense #1: "[i]It's only been out for seven hours. Why are you angry that you have to level up? It's like that every DLC."[/i] Yes, it's been out for seven hours, and the only DLC related thing I've done is kill powerful enemies with power weapons for quest steps. The main meat of the DLC, which is the forge, requires a power level that will take at least another week or two of milestones to even comfortably participate in. I don't want to do the same shit I've been doing for the past 2 months to play the new content. Just imagine if the first story mission of forsaken launched at level 50 with a 500 recommended light. I came into this update thinking I was going to grind the forge and get some new gear. Turns out, I have to grind old shit still just to even [i]consider[/i] grinding the forge. Defense #2: [i]"The annual pass was only 30 dollars, that means each update was roughly 10 dollars each. What did you expect?"[/i] See, I didn't pay 10 dollars for black armory. I paid [b][i][u]THIRTY.[/u][/i][/b] YOU HAVE TO PAY 30 DOLLARS OUT OF THE GATE TO PLAY BLACK ARMORY. AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR PAYING THIRTY DOLLARS. THEY ARE NOT SOLD SEPERATELY. My friend, who got the DLC this morning, dropped THIRTY DOLLARS to play this wack ass update. There is NO EXCUSE. Defense #3 [i]"This isn't an expansion, though. Don't treat it like one."[/i] Yes, the -blam!- it is an expansion. You have to pay money for additional content that expands the game for you and adds new activities. That is DLC. It is an [i]expansion.[/i] A terrible one. Defense #4 [i]"It's just the first day. More is coming later on."[/i] More content [i]later,[/i] doesn't excuse what we have [i]now.[/i] What we have [i]now,[/i] is an activity that barely anyone is able to complete because for some odd reason, they wanted to set the light level to 15 above what the max was [i][b]yesterday.[/b][/i] By the time the raid and the second forge come out, most of us will just be nearing the point where we can actually beat the [i]first[/i] damn forge. If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. The verdict is: If you haven't bought the annual pass, then DO NOT BUY IT UNTIL: *They lower the light requirements of the forge and allow people to start playing and grinding what they just -blam!-ing paid for. *They sell the expansions separately for 10 dollars. *Until every content rollout up til March has released. This literally feels like a free update with a 30 dollar coat on. Keep in mind, this cost more than Rise of Iron from D1. Let that sink in. This is unacceptable. I don't think Destiny has ever put this much of a bad taste in my mouth.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• They are all bungi employers, or p2w strimerz with alt accounts. thats obvius. You must be pretty * to defend this * scam. love how theres still ppl defend this pasive psychological violence from the devs. I think the devs at bungie love to bullying us, they abuse of our timeplay, our love for the game. maybe bungie think that we are sheeps, if so, they are pretty wrong. at the end some of us have a voice bungie, your abusive nerfs on exotics, powerfull eng, content.. your own ego will end yourself bungie.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Ok. I'll be your "fanboy" and tell you what's up. 1. You should have been ready at PL 600. If not you either are slow af or abandoned the game and came back to blast through the content and then complain about lack of said content. If it had been only 7 hours you are beyond impatient and are crying to cry. I'll repeat what I've said many times through these forums on this topic: I got to 600 just in time for Tuesday's Black Armory(BA) update. Once I saw it would be a challenge to try at 600 I tried to see how far I could get. I got to the 3rd wave. Only thing stopping me from finishing it at the time was the boss' health. Everything else wasn't a problem. So seeing as to how my PL was a problem I put it in my mind to do Milestones until I was ready. Now here's Sunday and I reached 613 PL. I went into Xbox's Looking for Group feature and asked for help. Said I was a 613 Titan looking for 620+ people to help. Not even a minute later I got hits. Got into a group and went into the Forge and finished in one go. It took time yes but it's END GAME CONTENT(which technically now it's BA's End Game not Season of the Outlaw End Game which means you have to work towards that higher light to mess with the new content. Every DLC type thing has raised PL. This is the same and is only 50PL higher compared to the 60PL Forsaken asked you to complete[after the 540 hard cap]. Let alone you're starting from a lesser PL difference than they started you in Forsaken. 50 is basically nothing when you look that you have 3 months to work at it and have PLENTY of Milestones to help you there. To ask you to take some time to power up isn't asking the world of you especially when it would take less time than me if you just went at it instead of kind of crying in here. 2. The Annual Pass IS $30. That's nothing. All together Forsaken+Annual Pass should have cost you about $100(which I got the Digital Deluxe). Now take into consideration that this is content to last you a year. So if you divide 100 by 12 you get $8.33(and add $5 if you pay for XboxLive or PSN) but even then you're looking at basically a meal from some fast food joint per month for continual content coming to you until September. That's more than a bargain for a game that constantly entertains you. If you paid $30 for just Black Armory it would explain why you're here complaining but also you must not have gotten the Pass. That's on you, they have the Pass for a reason. Also as another point: Were you able to do EVERYTHING in Forsaken the first week? I don't think so. This is the same situation let alone you could do the Forges int eh first week, you just had to work for it a little bit which is hardly anything to ask of gamers who PLAY THIS GAME ANYWAY. 3. You have to come to terms that this isn't NOR WAS IT supposed to be a DLC/Expansion like past DLCs. This is added End Game content for a new season It's to add more for people who have done most everything in Forsaken's base content and want more. TTK and RoI were the only DLCs of Destiny 1 after the first year, they didn't have this added stuff for you to work towards at all. Which in the end is them adding life to the game and making you want to come back for more content instead of(like I said earlier) blasting throughit all and then complaining a week or two in that there's "not enough content" to keep you here and then run off to another game to wait for more DLC to drop in and repeat. This stops that stupid statement of "not enough content" and instead makes sure you have something to come back week after week for(just like they repeated in the ViDoc). Makes it more alive in a way(which is something I and I assume MANY others wanted but wasn't sure Bungie could pull of because there weren't monthly subscritions like WoW had. This is their step in that direction and it's the right step). 4. "If I drop 30 dollars on something, I expect to be able to play the content it brings. I can't do Black Armory Forges, which was the main -blam!-ing selling point. I'm not high enough yet. I have to keep running the same milestone hamster wheel that I've been running since last expansion until I am. That isn't good. That isn't fair. " I dropped the same $30 you did(on the whole pass mind you but still paid for BA). In no way going into this did I feel entitled(and I hate that word and don't usually use it but this post deserves it 1000%) to run everything it brings on the first day. EVEN THE FIRST WEEK IN SOME CASES. You weren't able to do EVERYTHING Forsaken brought so why would it be any different in the BA. A bit of work never hurt anybody especially when that work is kicking ass and taking names. Levelling up is easy even with somewhat bad RNG. You do it right you should AT LEAST move up 10PL per week(at least) and even then Bungie is actively looking at making that leveling easier. So we'll see on that from. So all in all this whole thing was just complaining over the fact you misread or just assumed many things of BA and aren't willing to put yourself to the grinding block a few days to reach 610 at least and LFG an activity. It's literally that easy. I can talk because I personally did it and never once complained while doing it. Accept challenges, they're fun in the long run when you put yourself in the character's choes instead of just making it about specifically "rerunning old content" when they rotate strikes/activities daily so you're not always doing the same thing every day. It's not a chore when you enjoy most of what you're doing(and I say most because the only negative is playing with blueberries in some gametypes and they cause you to lose). Sorry to be a "fanboy" but Bungie has had a fantastic run since at least Halo:CE and the only bad time I really remember was Curse of Osiris DLC, even then that was just lack of content due to them making a sequel that didn't have as much to do as we were all used to running in D1Y3(which was 3 YEARS of content compared to one base game release and a first DLC). I'm loyal to them because they almost always go way deeper into their games than you'd think and come up with good stories and lore to delcve into. That's why I like and will always enjoy Destiny as a franchise. It's really good at immersion and that's my main thing I ask and have always recieved any time I've put my Titan suit on since Destiny 1 Beta.

Posting in language:

• The only beef I have is the forge is overtuned, especially for a matchmade feature. Otherwise...we knew going in that we weren't getting a classic DLC with a campaign and a dump of all the new content basically at once. While it was annoying that the first forge was tuned so high, the roll out of content was what was promised. There was even a bloody road map for it. You can't compare Black Armory to Warmind. They're two different things.

Posting in language:

• If you are not good enough to finish the forge on 605 then nobody can help you.

Posting in language:

• I’m more of a [b]Flan[/b] boy. I love me some of that cool custard. 😋

Posting in language:

• And about the 30 dollars, you payed for a year, that is what annual means. Who’s paying for the updates, server maintenance and patches and the content? You want a raid for free?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • 100% agree, d2 launch was garbage because it was to casual, forsaken was a step in the right direction but how in the -blam!- is a 600 light end game player locked out of a end game expansion?!

Posting in language:

• Allow me to brighten your day. This is quoted from a guardian on the forums. The individual know who they are. Ahem [i]Twas 5 days before the Dawning And all through the Tower Every Guardian was stirring To increase their Power The objectives were played And completed with care In hopes that in the Forge Rewards would lie there But the Guardians had to work And shoot Cabal on the field The timer ran out Forcing them to yield The Casuals were angry They had to work harder They envied the Hardcores And called each of them a D*** Rider Then the Hardcores laughed And called the casuals bad So during this forum war Everyone got mad The Casuals demanded Bungie: “Make it easier! We want to play!” While the Hardcores said: “Don’t let it be done in a day!” While the trolls saw this They came from down low To once again insult The Community Manager Cozmo Twas a dark time in the forums And a salty first day Wait, the Dawning? Eva Levante? She’s coming to the Tower With cookies made with bliss And all free of charge Take that, Tess Everis! [/i]

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • For number 3, Bungie themselves literally said this isn’t the typical expansion experience.

Posting in language:

• If you put 1/2 as much effort in playing as you do complaining, you would solo everything in the game.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • I really wish i could say your wrong about this dlc. But honestly..... osiris>black armory

Posting in language:

17 Replies
          • Have you tried playing something else

Posting in language:

• Have you tried uninstalling?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Im not going to make any real comments on the amount of content untill i know what all the content is. My problem is that it added nothing to the vanguard crucible gambit or world loot drops.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
              • Wow you sure took the time to write that comment! But can’t be that bad from how much you are playing destiny 2👍

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • I don’t truly disagree with what Bungie has done with this DLC. Yet it is a bit unsettling that as a player, you have “paid” for content, yet you cannot “play” it until you “grind” the same content you have been “grinding” for months already. At the very least, Bungie should have offered players a “Charge Of Light” option as they did in a past dlc. The “Charge Of Light” allowed the player to increase the “light” level of 1 character 25 levels to be able to access the “new” dlc content. Why Bungie didn’t offer this is “puzzling”.

Posting in language:

• Think about the White Knight Defenses and realize nowhere else will you see consumers defending getting less for their money or outright scammed.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                  • Firstly,it’s not a dlc. Secondly,if you hadn’t wasted time writing this wall of crap you’d probably be 612 by now.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                    • I’m a destiny fanboy, love this game, love the super tiny portion of this community that isn’t toxic and have loved it since D1 but I’m here to tell you, THIS DLC IS SHIT!! Crotas End has more substance than this. It’s pretty damn sad that as a hardcore player of this game, I could barely even notice that a DLC had even been released.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Edited by KhorneHeretic: 12/7/2018 1:14:02 AM
                        Bungie fanboys are horrible.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                        • I can't even play black armory, Xbox won't let me pay for the annual pass. This might be a good thing actually lol since I still want to do Last wish, grab whisper and finish malfeasance(sp?). So yea...I'll just chill and keep leveling up and do all the things I didn't do right away since I didn't buy CoO or warmind right away(just bought forsaken and all the prior dlc a couple months ago). It really is an option to not buy these dlc's straight away since, you know most times they're shit anyways. Wait until a few dlc's have past and it feels a little more...fresh(I guess?)

Posting in language:

• Edited by SoliderLord: 12/7/2018 1:12:49 AM
                          Wow, it sucks that all you have in life, is a game you love to complain about. Time to go to the door that leads to the outside (opposite of the inside where you play video games and rant novels online about how you don't like them) and go through it. Defense 1. You suck Defense 2. See Defense 1. Defense 3. "I want a game to give me easy to accomplish tasks that i can do in minutes without effort. Defense 4. See Defense 1. Defense 5. Go play Call of Doody. Defense 6. Break your internet. Defense 7. Punch yourself HARD in the face. Defense 8. See Defense 1.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
                          • I can’t believe so many people still find this ridiculous game entertaining. Destiny peaked at the end of D1, and never recovered. Good luck to those of you that still enjoy it, I guess.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                            • Fanboys are the reason why we got a shit D2 in the first place.

Posting in language:

41 Replies
                              • I was sort of excited for Black Armory. All the new "content" and new characters. Now? Yeah....part of me wants to defend this and yet I just can't. I do not hate it, but I am disgusted with the way the content is being handled.

Posting in language:

• The tl;dr you failed to include was that you like to cry about meaningless things a lot But let’s get down to it. You’re pissed that you can’t play the forge straight away right. Because how awesome would it be if you could switch on and go straight there as soon as download completes and grab all that new gear I mean I’d be so happy with that, then I could turn it off, rush back here and cry like a toddler because there’s no content Here’s the problem, because bungie in their infinite wisdom decided to listen to morons like you, they did stuff you didn’t deserve and that nobody asked for Now because of that, you all think that crying is going to help continue this trend, which it will, but every time it does, destiny as a whole gets that little bit worse. That little bit more unplayable. That little bit further away from what it was and is supposed to be. And all to try keep self entitled little pee stains like you happy

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                                1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                                You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon