JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by RyderSJ: 11/17/2018 11:57:31 PM

Code broccoli and PC basically crashes

So I've had destiny 2 for like a week and it's been constantly giving me code broccoli at seemingly random times while playing. When this happens, the game of course crashes to desktop, then nothing else on the PC seems to work properly. Task manager will say 100% CPU usage, but every individual app says 0% CPU usage. When trying to close task manager, it turns white, and doesn't close no matter how long I leave it. It only closes after I put my mouse over it in the task bar and click the X on the mini window that is says its not responding and gives me the option to close it. Various other things stop working, like google chrome, where the entire window turns black. Can still click where the close, minimize, and maximize buttons are and they work, though they're not visible. I can't press the windows key and do anything like log out, sleep, shut down, restart, lock etc. they just do nothing. Can't do Ctrl + Alt + Delete. The only fix I can find it to force shut down my PC by holding the power button. Here are my specs: CPU: i3-4160 dual core, 3.6 Ghz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 (Not overclocked, latest drivers) RAM: 8GB DDR3, 1600Mhz Windows up to date I have left temp measuring programs open while playing to see if overheating was the problem, but the GPU caps at 60 and the CPU at 70. I've tried putting settings on low, which seemingly worked for a short time, then just started crashing as usual. I'm hearing that this is a really common error on PC but maybe everything else crashing narrows down the problem? Edit: Seems to happen more commonly in areas with more players. Can last hours if doing missions solo, only lasts 45 minutes in the tower, and 3 minutes in the crucible.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by Lamborghini: 11/15/2018 2:39:33 AM
    I have the same issue, other than when it crashes I can restart the game (I use Battle.net to play) and I don't know why when my specs are the same and everything is up to date. I just updated my GPU card last night.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon