JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

11/29/2018 3:23:50 PM
No achievements should ever be locked behind RNG. As a result, I’m flat out not interested in getting said achievements and look at those that have them as “Yay for you getting lucky. 🙄” I’ve become the same way with exotics. They’re so rare now (and still getting repeats) that I can’t get excited about the new ones. Why? At the rate things are dropping, I’ll never get to play with them. And I’ve got quite a lot of hours and activities completed since it was “tweaked”. Since they aren’t dropping, and have little to no chance of dropping, I’m rapidly losing interest. 🤷‍♂️
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Yup, same here friend

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Dingo: 11/29/2018 5:35:05 PM
    Just get Xur once a week for the exotics, i pretty much gave up on the badges, in me it just generates RNG frustration that i don't need. [rant] D2 is a good game as long as you just happy go lucky guy who likes to smash things. The second you try to accomplish anything stuck behind RNG gate, it sucks. I'm not sure what Bungie was thinking when they come up with the sleeper nodes, or the beyond excessive time gating in dreaming city. My guess is that they have bunch of EA stoners locked up in their basement, and the stoners just call up the brass upstairs with "You know, this could be a good idea how to screw the players over ..." Personally i'm at around 1200 stems at i'm still at 35/40 on sleeper nodes ... [/rant]

Posting in language:

• I don't understand the 1200 stems and only 35/40 nodes. Can you elaborate please.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I don't understand the 1200 stems and only 35/40 nodes. Can you elaborate please.[/quote] On Mars, public events and patrols award you “stems”. Go to inventory and combine four of those stems and you’ll get an “override frequency” with a location clue on it for a “Node”. My most recent says: “CB.NAV/RUN.()Descent.Cavern.Warsat”. You can pretty much ignore the first part but Descent is the zone it’s in, and Cavern & Warsat are the general area in that zone that the node is in. So you’d go to Descent, travel to the caverns and around when you first go in there’s a crashed warsat. That’s where it’ll be. Your screen will go hazy and weird music plays louder the closer you get. You need 40 nodes total for the triumph. It can be a grinding pain in the ass because those Override Frequency’s give you a LOT of repeat nodes. So you have to keep doing events and patrols and combining stems and traveling to where the override frequency says and opening nodes. Big pain in the ass really and other than an achievement, I don’t think it did much. So I’m not sure I’d worry about it as there’s now bigger and better things to chase after. But that’s just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️ Hope that helps! 🤘🙂

Posting in language:

• [quote]Just get Xur once a week for the exotics, i pretty much gave up on the badges, in me it just generates RNG frustration that i don't need. [rant] D2 is a good game as long as you just happy go lucky guy who likes to smash things. The second you try to accomplish anything stuck behind RNG gate, it sucks. I'm not sure what Bungie was thinking when they come up with the sleeper nodes, or the beyond excessive time gating in dreaming city. My guess is that they have bunch of EA stoners locked up in their basement, and the stoners just call up the brass upstairs with "You know, this could be a good idea to screw the players over ..." Personally i'm at around 1200 stems at i'm still at 35/40 on sleeper nodes ... [/rant][/quote] Xur only does year 1 anything. Even the mystery engram. I already have all of those. He’s pretty much useless if you’ve been playing for a while. 🤷‍♂️ Agree with the rest. Though I do have all 40 of the nodes, it was grind city. I now unwillingly know the locating of every single one of them by clue alone without having to look it up cause I’ve been to each one so many times. 😑 Good for glimmer and shaders if you’re short on everything else though. 🤷‍♂️

Posting in language:

• [quote] Xur only does year 1 anything. Even the mystery engram. I already have all of those. He’s pretty much useless if you’ve been playing for a while. 🤷‍♂️ [/quote] Ahh, i didn't know that, bad news indeed :( [quote] Though I do have all 40 of the nodes, it was grind city. I now unwillingly know the locating of every single one of them by clue alone without having to look it up cause I’ve been to each one so many times. 😑 [/quote] i used to loot every node, now i just delete the keys, move a bit to another spot, and try again ... but hey another 200-ish stems and i'm 36/40 ;)

Posting in language:

• Oh yeah. I'm chasing the Dredgen title, and I long ago did all the things that actually require you to play well. Now that it's come down to random vanity items, I know that completing the seal will be because of pure luck and not anything I actually did. If I could change the title to just "Lucky SOB" I would.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Oh yeah. I'm chasing the Dredgen title, and I long ago did all the things that actually require you to play well. Now that it's come down to random vanity items, I know that completing the seal will be because of pure luck and not anything I actually did. If I could change the title to just "Lucky SOB" I would.[/quote] Exactly. ☹️

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon