JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

11/29/2018 1:08:45 PM
I just wish they'd take their anti-grinder algorithms out and give everyone a level playing field for RNG. I know that's one solution to the "how to you keep the hardcore players happy but make the casuals more willing to play?" question, but it's not exactly the fair solution.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Whats fair?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Equal rates for everyone

Posting in language:

• But everybody has equal rates, or is that not true? It's an honest question. I was not playing for a week and a bit more and my RNG should be better, but so far no luck in no field, you mean something like that?

Posting in language:

• I can't confirm anything more than someone else can deny it, but my personal experience has always been (even going back to D1) if I skipped a few reset weeks I'd have tremendously better luck when I came back. Other people have shared this sentiment on the forums, I'm inclined to believe it's a real thing. I just came back last reset after not playing since July. I had 7 exotics drop, Queenbreaker, Wavesplitter, warlock Forsaken boots and chest, Skyburner's, a duplicate chest piece and I can't remember the 7th at the moment. All on the Warlock I just made. So, I finished up the milestones I could do and figured wow might as well keep the lock moving and made a hunter. Not a single drop. This week, I've been fully through my Warlock except the nightfall and a good deal through my hunter and I've seen one. I know RNG can mean anything happens, but this particular scenario seems to happen every single time I take a break and come back. Anyways, that's my opinion and I doubt there's enough data to support it beyond tin foil hat conspiracy.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Elvis: 11/30/2018 1:33:47 PM
    I have no exotics since launch of Forsaken, only Phoenix Protocol and the Exotics from the Exotic Quests. I know how bad RNG can be, I was only lucky in Gambit with Ship and Sparrow, and I thought the most players are. I had the same feeling for the Breytech Weapons, a similar thing for the Nodes, I read on reddit, that if you find one weapon, wait for the next daily reset, and then go open the nodes until you get the next schematic, and then stop again. I cant say it's true or not true because there will be people getting all in one run, or 2, but what I can say is that it worked for me. I told another person this method, and it worked for them. So thats all, but I don't know if it works for sure, or if its just the normal amount of RNG. Same goes for EP. The guide says the longer you go without the Ikelos Weapons the better your chances are getting for a drop. So the more often you defeat Wave 6, the better your chances are. But of course you might think that because you do it more often, but it's like with dices, every time you roll you have the same chances.

Posting in language:

• I purposely haven't finished any of the quest exotics because I have a hunch that they are bugging the rest of the drop rates. My experience with exotics so far has been what they said, better chance at Forsaken if you have the other exotics. A lot of people in the forums are still saying all they get is old dupes. I have a feeling that having the quest drops in the original loot pool and then removing them glitched something and I'm not going to turn in any of the quest exotics (except thunderlord, I did that one) until I've proven myself wrong.

Posting in language:

• Since you are saying that, same goes for me. I can’t tell you how may times I have gotten Sweet Business. Must be around 7 times the past weeks. I do all the Daily and Weekly Milestones even go after all 100K Nightfalls, play also my other two characters bit by bit, and yeah played my Titan today and got Sweet Business, I mean I did even Shattered Throne with my Main and got Sweet Business. I get it also in Crucible randomly. It’s crazy to me. I usually don’t want Bungie to do anything to the RNG and the game, but this seems so weird to me.

Posting in language:

• The loot pool, and I haven't been staring at the exotics in a while so I'm only giving a quick estimate, is about 50 items for each class. The natural odds of getting one exotic even 1/4 of the time over that many chances are extremely small. I'm betting there's a bug, and if they ever find out there is one they'll just sweep it under the rug and ignore how much time people have wasted on the error.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon