JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Rules on paid carries?
11/5/2018 5:43:49 PM
As long as it’s not happening on the destiny app or Bungie.net, then there is very little that Bungie can/could do.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• They could ban the accounts that are responsible based on user reports and game history investigation.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• And they can/do ban if any shenanigans (ddos, network manipulation, etc) occurs. However, if the carry/recovery is a legitimate top-tier player that I/you/others decide to use, then there would be little/no reporting of illicit behaviors. Granted, a good chunk of these recovery/carry sites and/or players are likely very shady (so buyer/user beware).

Posting in language:

• I know it happens alot or else there wouldn't be people on eBay selling carries for $200. It seems like good money, but I have a legitimate business license and I don't want to risk doing something that's illegal or violates a contract, even if its just a user agreement.

Posting in language:

• it is against bungie code of cobduct and most platform terms

Posting in language:

• Edited by DMHGoFund: 11/5/2018 6:12:32 PM
    Hello. Anything that happens on third-party sites away from Bungie.net are solely on those users that wish to pay for those services. If you see it happen on Bungie.net, report away. Bungie also takes a strong stance on granting ones account access to others. If someone pays another user for an account recovery, that's totally on them. What they are doing is giving the paid user full access to their account's credentials, which isn't smart. Also, if that paid user deletes anything from the paying user's account, Bungie does not restore them. They should also be aware that Bungie doesn't consider anyone else playing on their account but them. Users are responsible for their actions, especially if it leads to any ban or restriction from the game and/or console. Players should understand the risks in doing this but ultimately, it's their choice.

Posting in language:

• Just to clarify, if I'm to sell a carry service or account recovery service to other players, I would not be in violation of Destiny 2's user agreement as long as I don't solicit customers on Bungie.net Also, if there was any suspected network manipulation or anything like that, the owner of the account that is logged in would be held responsible for the activity. Does this sound right?

Posting in language:

• Edited by DMHGoFund: 11/5/2018 6:14:34 PM
    You're ultimately responsible for the actions on your account. As long as you're upholding the terms of service and code of conduct on your account and Bungie.net respectively, you'll be ok. https://www.bungie.net/en/Bungie/conduct https://www.bungie.net/en/Bungie/Terms

Posting in language:

• Thanks for the links! They really cleared things up.

Posting in language:

• I wasn't sure if it was allowed as long as its initiated on third party sites. For Ark, it's against the user agreement to trade virtual goods for real world cash, regardless if a third party app is used to set up the deal, and if you're caught, your account gets blocked from playing online.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon