JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

10/22/2018 7:58:52 PM
dmg04

Hey all, Our Game Security Team is always updating our monitoring tools in response to ever-changing attacks. We recently had a wave of bans and restrictions that targeted players using aimbots, and more punishments are incoming as soon as we double-check our results. If you believe you have encountered a player who was breaking the Code of Conduct or license agreement, please report suspected cheating in-game. If you have additional evidence, such as a youtube video, you can submit it here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13967 Additionally, here’s a quick link to the restriction/banning policies article: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11929
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

please do better, it's a serious problem, these cheaters need to be ip banned.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Looks like Bungie's lack of a response to my post is their way on endorsing the Cheaters and so called try-hards and you tube streamers

Posting in language:

• Sorry I don’t believe you. I was in 16 competitive matches yesterday so that I could progress the Redrik's broadsword line and guess what 14 losses and 2 wins. The 14 losses were all complete wipeouts. I thought Quickplay was bad, but this nonsense is ridiculous. Because of your matchmaking algorithms that only cater to the so called try-hards and the you tube streamers crucible is unplayable. It’s too bad that all you care about is taking care of the cowards that only care about pub-stomping and not the general player base. It’s clear that you don’t care about players about me because if you did you would fix matchmaking. I would hit people and they would take no damage, disappear and kill me from behind a wall. You’re not serious about cheaters as its out of control in Crucible. I hate Crucible and only do it for the rewards. I can’t wait to be done with competitive, so I never ever have enter that bullshit format again.

Posting in language:

• Why do you think it’s “cia” wrong to whisper or mention a cheaters (gamertag)!!!! Cause datto would be the first banned....

Posting in language:

• Too little, too late, BUNGIE. We all warned you that there were cheaters in PC. Yet, you did NOTHING.

Posting in language:

• Everyone is using them because of your stupid system to get wins, why aren’t points awarded for glory rank based on performance of the individual I am sick to death of being put in teams with absolute spastics who run around trying to capture their own teams control zone only to then contend with cheaters who can see through walls and can crit shot without even aiming, you report these guys because you can tell straightaway it’s happening but nothing is ever done

Posting in language:

Just.. For the record, an aimbot would boost personal performance numbers even moreso than it would boost wins.

Posting in language:

• Yes but you only care about your own

Posting in language:

• Sorry but didnt c that

Posting in language:

• I don’t believe you dmg04 on the ban front. The amount of lag switchers, ddos ing, aim botting & rapid fire accessories going on in D2 pvp is insane. It’s become a total Wild West of cheats getting away with anything they please. We all know your report system goes straight into the recycling bin.

Posting in language:

I think there is some truth to their claims. My partner's little brother has been bragging about his aimbot for the past few weeks and he was banned on Monday. Serves him right, I'm glad Bungie is taking action against cheaters. I only game on PC and hate how games are ruined by aimbots and wallhacks.

Posting in language:

• Edited by WhiskeyJohnnyO: 10/23/2018 1:37:57 PM
    Are you guys able to identify rapid fire glitching? Can someone explain to me how some people can warp around the map and still shoot your nose off from a hundred yards? Some of the same folks take no or very little damage? I walked up on one guy who seemed to be AFK and it took four rounds of shells to the face to get him to die. After that he would disappear and reappear either in front of me or behind me and shotty me. This happens a lot in IB and Comp.

Posting in language:

• So the right answer should have been, “we read your report, reviewed offender, and banned him”

Posting in language:

• It would have been a lie on BUNGIE's part though.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Banned Midget: 10/23/2018 9:58:08 AM
    Bungie, be honest about this right. Comp/ trails cheese Aimbots DDoS All these things happen on pc frequently and yet you’ve never fixed any of it, and neither do you take reports seriously. So why even bother? And plus my IP address could be viewed by anyone I play with.

Posting in language:

• If reporting did anything we'd be happy. People still streaming with full on cheating since launch and nothing happens to them

Posting in language:

• Disable fireteams in quickplay

Posting in language:

• Dude go rumble

Posting in language:

• this game has aim assist , which is the same as autoaim , so everyone has an aimbot...

Posting in language:

• Edited by Zambrick: 10/23/2018 6:31:10 PM
    Not to mention its non existent on PC where almost all the AIM Botting is occurring. My favorite reason why I refuse to play PVP in this broken mess version of D2 is they cant even catch lag switchers. Which is the easiest thing in the world to catch. I mean its a lot of fun when you see a guardian pop around the corner for less than 1 second then go right back into cover and somehow you have gotten 1 shot in the almost by 3 seconds after you watched them go back into cover. .25 seconds .5 seconds maybe can be blamed on run of the mill terrible connection. Everything else is deliberate either by direct action or lack of any action. All they have to do is run a packet sniffer or some such actual non illegal tool and look for large packet drops. As soon as you see that one of 2 messages can be sent to that bad connection. If it looks like true lag switching and interference, then perma ban. If it looks like terrible connection issue, then lock them out of all competitive play. If they want to petition to have the ability to play on competitive again, then a week time span of recorded packet stability can be watched and they can be reinstated or further denied. Aim Bots, Perma Ban Wall Hacks, Perma Ban If they bitch about it and they will, offer them a grace period and one more chance. Second time they do it, Perma Ban delete their saves, block access to all online functionality, and turn them into local authorities for committing fraudulent/malicious acts upon a privately owned application platforms.

Posting in language:

• Aim assist is vastly different than an aim not. Don't spread a false narrative.

Posting in language:

• Perhaps more people would be reported if the report button did something

Posting in language:

• Unfortunatly they probably get alot of false reports as well (more so then legit ones) to dig around in from the ”Omg you out played me in PVP, imma report you for cheating. There is no way you can actually be better then me” -type of people.

Posting in language:

• People would abuse the absolute shit out of it though.

Posting in language:

• How about all the youtubers and streamers you pay to come to Bungie headquarters and give them all the weapons, armor, materials, etc, isn’t that against the code of conduct? Or maybe all that matters is friendship.....

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon