JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by SancusXenon: 10/12/2018 4:37:55 AM

What's your backstory?

How many of you have created your own headcanon backstories for your characters? Personally, I like to think my Warlock is a Reefborn Awoken. I've got this thing about my Hunter being an Exo with a more advanced SIVA-made frame, but that's a bit of a grey area. What backstories have you guys thought up?
English
#lore #destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • My character is an Exo Hunter named Giellman-10. Giellman was revived by his Ghost, who he named Elsie, on a tundra moon far beyond where any Ghost was meant to go. After climbing out of icy canyon she found him in, they found a ship that could get to the City. When they passed through the Reef, they were shot down by Awoken forces and brought before Mara and Uldren Sov. However, instead of killing him and destroying Elsie, Mara decided to spare the two in exchange for their loyalty, which Giellman agreed. During the Reef Wars, Giellman would be used as a secret weapon by the Awoken against the House of Wolves; his Light tearing Barons and Servitors apart like how a sword cut through jelly. After the Reef Wars and Mara became the Kell of the House of Wolves, Giellman would improve his aim and skill with bows and snipers from both the Awoken, like Uldren, and the Fallen, as well as learning how to speak Eliksni from Variks. Giellman hardly ever encountered other Guardians, until the Wolves' Rebellion. But he would often meet with the Hunter Vanguard Cayde-6 whenever he visited the Reef. From him, Giellman would learn about the Last City, the wins and losses it had, and what it meant to be a Hunter. Elsie would try to convince Giellman to return with to the City, but Giellman would refuse and said the Queen needed him more. Cayde agreed, saying the Reef could use someone to defend it when he wasn't around. During the Taken War and Mara's supposed death, Giellman would work alongside Petra and Variks when it came to gathering Taken in the Prison of Elders to craft armour and weapons like the Dreadfang, which Giellman would wield himself, before parting ways with the Awoken and becoming a lone mercenary, selling his light and skills to whoever was willing to pay. When the Scorn were broken out of the Prison of Elders and began rampaging across the Reef, Giellman would receive a distress signal from 4 Vesta. Upon his arrival, he found the asteroid in ruins and his former allies slaughtered at the hands of eight barons and their kell. Uldren. After he revealed to him that he had killed Cayde, Giellman lashed out in blind fury. Which went about as well as you'd think.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon