JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by Odin: 9/12/2018 12:36:49 AM
Odin

So Bungie is afraid to do what's right and stick it to their precious streamers. Got it, can't have Bungie losing their free advertisement because what would they do without fake people that brainwash kids...
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• What is right to this situation? The kid that glitches the raid had the smallest YouTube channel ever it wasn't a streamer. 90% of videos I saw on YouTube about new raid weapons they used someone else's account. The hate for streamers in this forum is unreal. Their voice and their communities helped change the direction of this game. The result has been spectacular. This forum is full of bitter guardians.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I'm sorry, but there wasn't one single thing Bungie didn't know or heard in the last 4 years from its player base that the streamers said. The "community summit" happened because of the player base, not because of the streamers and Bungie "wanting to fix things." Bungie lost 78% of its player base the first 2 months D2 released so they needed the streams to lie, and knowing a lot of the streamers were literally talking trash about D2 and Bungie? when they came back from the summit they acted as if everything was hunky dory like nothing happened. It's not hard to train dogs when you keep giving them treats...

Posting in language:

• [quote]I'm sorry, but there wasn't one single thing Bungie didn't know or heard in the last 4 years from its player base that the streamers said. The "community summit" happened because of the player base, not because of the streamers and Bungie "wanting to fix things." Bungie lost 78% of its player base the first 2 months D2 released so they needed the streams to lie, and knowing a lot of the streamers were literally talking trash about D2 and Bungie? when they came back from the summit they acted as if everything was hunky dory like nothing happened. It's not hard to train dogs when you keep giving them treats...[/quote] Firstly Destiny did not lose 80% of its player base in the first 2 months. That nonsense was spread using stats of destiny tracker completely out of context. Secondly quite evidently from the state of the game at launch they did NOT listen or pick up on what direction their playbase to go. Of course they wanted to fix it as they really need this game to be successful. The summit comprised of not just youtubers and steamers so their goal was not to sweet talk them that is cynical nonsense. The streamers who came back from the summit did not all of a sudden stream destiny again they still all were in fortnite or pubg etc. The reason they streaming it now is because its good again, simple as that.

Posting in language:

• You better do your research before making a statement you clearly know nothing about. It's all over the net, Reddit and it was all over this forum, on how 78% of the player base dropped the first 2 months the base game released. In fact, Bungie dropped the base game price 3 times and now the base game is free.

Posting in language:

• [quote]You better do your research before making a statement you clearly know nothing about. It's all over the net, Reddit and it was all over this forum, on how 78% of the player base dropped the first 2 months the base game released. In fact, Bungie dropped the base game price 3 times and now the base game is free.[/quote] I did do my research. At the time 8 million had purchased the game and it went to 1 million people playing a day. But the misinterpretation was that people assumed its the same 1 million playing a day when in fact that statistic showed how many unique logins per day had occurred. Meaning the next day potentially a completely different 1 million players could have logged in. That's why those stats were taken down as destiny tracker did not want to promote a false narrative.... Any questions?

Posting in language:

• Exactly. Bungie could care less about the average player.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Exactly. Bungie could care less about the average player.[/quote] Hmm, have you ever seen an average player win the worlds first?

Posting in language:

• Nope. Which is the point. Oh, yay... worlds first. What a meaningful accomplishment. This game survives due to the average players, not because of some worthless streamer or profession gamer.

Posting in language:

• You’re still my hero

Posting in language:

• LoL

Posting in language:

• Edited by Takin Ajit Guys: 9/16/2018 3:58:20 PM
    ^^ Right click, hit go to picture and reload the page if you are given the "access denied" error.

Posting in language:

• Need more pixels. Can't read lol.

Posting in language:

• right click on the picture

Posting in language:

• How about the ones that used the exploit to farm prime engrams? They won't be getting any for a couple weeks. Not to mention you are completely lost if you think streamers are the only ones to glitch the raid chests.

Posting in language:

• Curious i saw all streamers with raid weapons 😂

Posting in language:

• Could be true or could be a bluff to reduce people using it. Unless they have some form of tracking in place that monitors the number of prime engrams earned and this intrinsically affects drop rate I don’t see how this would affect. That said I personally don’t see point in exploits as your just cheating yourself out of playing the game normally in order to progress - just dilutes the value in my eyes

Posting in language:

• So says Bungie. I wouldn't be shocked if that isn't true at all. What does it matter anyways? You still get the same amount of prime engrams whether you take all of them at once or spread them out over two weeks. People are more concerned with the raid coming soon and I imagine everyone would rather have more power upfront than later.

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• Yep.

Posting in language:

• Let's think through this for just a quick minute. Raid gear usually has a perk or two that give you an advantage in the raid, right? Let's assume this is also the case for the upcoming raid. There are some reports that people have glitched their way to full raid gear. I can't wait to see the forum light up once the "World's First" team finishes the raid with gear that gives them some advantage over those teams that didn't partake in the glitch. Surely someone has thought of those ramifications...

Posting in language:

• Well, according to Bungie it's okay so it must be okay, right?

Posting in language:

• OMG! I am not the only one! Yep I was thinking about this too. Yep, we're screwed.

Posting in language:

• I definitely have to agree with this. What's even worse, is when another problem like this arises, streamers will now [u]gladly[/u] advertise it, and the players that know and can do it will not resist [u]temptation for a second.[/u]

Posting in language:

• They take things away from this game that is meant to be explored and the kids on this forum wonder why there is nothing to do in this game after 2 weeks. Well, 2 reason that happens but the main reason is because of the streamers. The other is that Bungie doesn't have and never will have much content to offer and they don't keep the existing content update on regular bases as they should be doing. So naturally when things like this happen, you are right, the kids will be on it like flies on...

Posting in language:

• And they implicitly encourage the kids to level up to full light as fast as possible.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon