JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by RampantAce11: 7/31/2018 7:02:52 AM

Your tasks to obtain all Solstice armor. Edit: New Trailer

Below is a list of tasks we'll need to do to obtain a full set of masterwork Solstice armor. I will be using the Titan armor sets as the example, but the Warlock and Hunter sets are probably the same or similar. I found this info on destinysets.com. They recently made a collections page that shows everything you have never collected, and you can click each item to view the requirements to upgrade it. The scorched (uncommon) set is obtained from the statue at the start of the Solstice. To upgrade it to the stronger sets you must complete the following requirements. To obtain Rekindled (rare) set • Helm - Complete the spark redux mission - Collect 150 arc orbs - Defeat 10 guardians in Crucible • Gauntlets - Complete the homecoming redux mission - Collect 90 solar orbs in strikes - Complete a meditation • Plate - Complete the chosen redux mission - Collect 90 void orbs on earth - Complete 10 heroic public events • Greaves - Complete the 1AU redux mission - Get 30 super kills in the crucible - Defeat 50 minibosses • Mark - Complete the payback redux mission - Collect 150 void orbs - Complete 10 patrols To obtain Resplendent (legendary) set • Helm - Complete the chosen redux mission - Defeat 200 enemies with solar supers - Complete a nightfall strike • Gauntlets - Complete the payback redux mission - Defeat 160 enemies with solar weapons - Complete 3 heroic strikes • Plate - Complete the 1AU redux mission - Defeat 120 enemies with arc grenades - Win 5 non-private crucible matches • Greaves - Complete the spark redux mission - Defeat 60 enemies with void melees - Complete 10 adventures • Mark - Complete the homecoming redux mission - Defeat 80 enemies with arc power weapons - Defeat 500 enemies To obtain MW Resplendent set • Helm - Complete the Nightfall Prestige at or above the bonus threshold • Gauntlets - Complete 5 heroic strikes with at least one clanmate • Plate - Complete the Leviathan raid on prestige difficulty • Greaves - Achieve the legend rank in Valor • Mark - Defeat 10 bosses I hope this info is useful to some of you. Enjoy the solstice guardians! Edit: (CONFIRMED and UPDATED) I saw a few people post that these are the requirements to upgrade, and that the scorched (uncommon) set is given to you at the start. If that's the case the requirements I listed for scorched are to obtain the rekindled (rare) set. Rekindled requirements would be for the resplendent (legendary) set. And the resplendent requirements are actually to upgrade the item to masterwork. I am going off of the information I can see, and destinysets.com lists these as the requirements to unlock. If someone can provide a source for the upgraded information we would all appreciate it! Edit: Here's the newest trailer for Solstice of Heroes. Posted by "destinygame" on YouTube.com. https://youtu.be/8-SRlMtMAy4 There's a new social space in the city. See you there guardians! Edit: Updated the post to reflect that the requirements are to obtain the upgraded armor. Also, these are the levels each piece drops at: Scorched - 240 Rekindled - 340 Resplendent - 400

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I used your list of requirements in my article on the Solstice of Heroes for https://www.monstersandcritics.com/ and credited you in the article. I will drop you a link in a pm when it is published on Monday. Many thanks for the hard work. I should also add that I changed Helm to Helmet, Plate to Chest, Greaves to Legs and Mark to Artifact, since i was reviewing all three classes. Again, thank you for the OP and the hard work.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • I hit Legend on my Hunter. Will it give the progress to my Titan’s boots?

Posting in language:

• To get the Resplendent leg armor masterwork you need to get to the Legend rank (which is the final rank) in the Valor playlist. I need to level up four times to get there. There is no way I will get that done before Solstice of Heroes ends on August 28th because I am not one of the players who literally lives in the Crucible. This is even worse for players who had just reset their Valor rank right before the event started so they would have no chance to get all the way to legend unless they live in the Crucible.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Forced Crucible requirements??? Everything was going so well... Oh well, didn't want the upgraded armor anyway. (Yes I did) I just refuse to play this game other than the way I want. I know alot of people really like pvp, but many do not. Knowing this, I'm surprised they still force players to play modes they don't enjoy. I realize it's not alot for great pvpers, but to others it's a boring unenjoyable grind.

Posting in language:

17 Replies
        • Only two words come to mind with this Solstice Event: "HAMSTER WHEEL" -- Seriously, why do all this busy-work to obtain gear that will be out-classed and forgotten in one month? The only item that remotely peaked my interest is the new event ship, but it requires maxing Solstice armor on all three available classes -- This is a big one-finger salute to those that only play one or two characters. I would have been happy to pay $$ for that ship, but since it is only available for players grinding all three classes, I'm giving up on the event now to make better use of my D2 time.

Posting in language:

• Anyone else think the requirements are ridiculous? Not in terms of difficulty, just in terms of sheer amount of stuff to do to get the next set. It's kinda stupid honestly

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Edited by EdgeCrusher02: 7/31/2018 11:14:43 PM
            Well that’s disappointing. The only resplendent I’d get is the class item and possibly the arms if I can get the only person I know that may do it to actually play the game again. Same old lack of diversity and throwing people into a playlist or closed fireteam activity with no matchmaking instead of actually utilizing their “shared world.” I planned on using this event as the determining factor in whether I’d get Forsaken at launch or wait until next year when that bundle is on sale, like I recently did with the core game. Definitely leaning towards waiting. They seem to have no real intention of opening the game up and seem to want to stick to this rigid, restricting way of doing things. Literally nothing new to do or occurring in the world. Just “go play things you’ve done many many times already.” Guess I’m not surprised. This game continues to be the epitome of wasted potential.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • Edited by joshjda: 7/31/2018 5:05:07 PM
              I like how it is a month long event to start with the green version of armor (the best looking version) just to make it worse turning it to blue and into total garbage at purple. Seriously the sheer brilliance of this. This is bungie hard at work. The legendary set is in my opinion one of if the the ugliest sets of gear ever added to a destiny game. Have you people even looked at it like wtf. Oh it can get glowing things on it. Yayy putting lights on a dog turd does not make that turd any less of a turd. Just aweful. You can make the arguement you are just using it for the utility and who cares what it looks like. If it didn't matter how it looked what is the reason for the armor glows. What is the point of this entire event. Very few people will actually reach 400 power anyway because of the weapons being locked behind the most cancerous game modes bungie have made to date prestige raids. Then the armor is just ugly looks like armored bathrobes. Seriously look at it strips of no reason cloth tied on by a thick rope the rope being integrated into each set. What exactly is the mind set here. How do you make an event like this that is meant to last an entire month that is meant tobring players back with the lure of 400 power gear get eveyone amped for forsaken. Then make armor that actually no lie looks best in it's green form. Seriously bungie wtf are you really this lazy. We know you looked at it we know you know it looks like shit. What you just couldn't be bothered to make something that is atleast passable in looks. Then why -blam!- should we be bothered to pay you anything in the future.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • “Complete Leviathan raid on prestige difficulty” Well I guess I should learn it on normal first....

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Oh, look. More bullshit requirements for useless gear.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                  • Basically if you get the ship. You're a freakin loser. Lol

Posting in language:

• Anyone having an issue with Solar titan getting 200 super kills. My progression is going much much slower than .5% on every kill. I will pop my super kill 8-10 enemies and only get an increase of 2% with my Solstice helm (rekindled) (blue). Am I crazy or does it only count when you kill something with that hammer hit and does not count the after burn?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • All this for a reskinned armor set at 400 a month before Foresaken...? This is honestly ridiculous. And Bungie expects us to do all this on all 3 characters within a month? I'm never going to find a group to help me do Prestige Leviathan.... It's honestly not worth it in the long run, but there's nothing else to do in Destiny 2 so it's like f*ck it, whatever. But this armor set is going to become irrelevant once Forsaken is released. I'm sure there will be plenty of better looking armor sets to chase after at even higher light levels. The only purpose Solstice serves is to give you a little boost in light for when Foresaken drops.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • So basically break out the pitch forks, hoes and shovels and start farming people! Kill many and Die often!

Posting in language:

• Do you have to hit legend 3 times for all characters?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • I’m not even going to bother with the Resplendent MW armor because of the requirements. I’ll wait a month when Forsaken comes out.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • You have to complete all the Redux missions twice?!?!

Posting in language:

• Does the armor actually do something yet?

Posting in language:

• When did this game become a list of chores?

Posting in language:

25 Replies
                            • If you reset your valor, do you have to get back up to legend?

Posting in language:

• Do we have to wear armor while doing it?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                              • Scorched armor drops at 200. Not 240.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Spidey: 7/31/2018 10:35:59 AM
                                Easy Tasks. Prestige Leviathan isn't that hard either. Completed it 10 times by now just for the Acrius Catalyst which I got during my last run. And the few crucible kills you have to do can be done in like 3 or 5 matches. Too much crying.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                                • Bump for later

Posting in language:

• How or where do you upgrade the armor? I can't figure out how to change my green to blue.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                  • Question: to upgrade the Solstice armor do we also need to complete all those Moments of Triumph bounties -ex/ get all 45 memory fragments, etc? I ask because I completed the three things showing on my Solstice Warlock boots but it doesn't look like I can upgrade or change anything on them yet.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                                    ;
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon